More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No time to die ending.

Go down 
+3
Blunt Instrument
CJB
Oldschool297
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldschool297

Oldschool297

No time to die ending. Empty
PostSubject: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptySat Nov 12, 2022 11:32 pm

I understand that he wanted that end but it is a little sad. It will always bother me. I created a petition for a hope to bring him back for bond 26.

https://www.change.org/p/eon-productions-limited-bring-daniel-craig-back-for-bond-26?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_32068057_en-US%3A7&recruiter=1247194568&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=15238164878_
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 1:28 am

Babs has already said Bond will be back.

Question is, will he be James Bond or some "evolved" skin-suit-wearer.

And welcome.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 10:52 am

Unless they're going with Bond as a zombie for the next one (cue the 'I thought Craig had already played him like one' gags), I really don't think he'll be in it. NTTD's ending was a pretty definitive 'I'm done with this'.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 5:13 pm

I tried to watch Craig's vodka promo after reading a descrip of it on variety or THR or vulture (place suggests that the spot starts in Bond's afterlife since Craig is first seen wearing white), but only made it halfway through. He tries to do the Christopher Walken Fatboy Slim thing, but even if this novelty piece appeals to some, it was just as off to me as his Bond portrayal.

It does convey the 'I'm done with this' rather convincingly, but that doesn't require acting ability.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 11:12 pm

trevanian wrote:
I tried to watch Craig's vodka promo after reading a descrip of it on variety or THR or vulture (place suggests that the spot starts in Bond's afterlife since Craig is first seen wearing white), but only made it halfway through. He tries to do the Christopher Walken Fatboy Slim thing, but even if this novelty piece appeals to some, it was just as off to me as his Bond portrayal.

It does convey the 'I'm done with this' rather convincingly, but that doesn't require acting ability.

Wasn’t that awful? Roger Moore’s acting capability may have extended to only his eyebrows but that has more personality than Craig’s pout and ever-monotone line delivery.

The only person in the world who says “vodka” like he wants to slit his wrists.

Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 10:23 am

Fleming was asked in an interview if we would ever see a book in which Bond dies at the end. His reply: "I could not possibly afford it."
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 4:02 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
Fleming was asked in an interview if we would ever see a book in which Bond dies at the end. His reply: "I could not possibly afford it."

FRWL was actually supposed to be the end of James Bond (he apparently died from Klebb's poison toe). However, there was such a demand for his return from fans that Fleming brought him back.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 8:52 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:

FRWL was actually supposed to be the end of James Bond (he apparently died from Klebb's poison toe). However, there was such a demand for his return from fans that Fleming brought him back.

I think James Bond always knew a Russian lesbian would get him in the end.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 12:49 am

Bond in the Craig era seemed to be attracting a lot of friendly fire, what with CIA gunsels blazing away at him in QUANTUM, Moneypenny plugging him in SKYFALL and his finally getting vaporized by UK missiles.

Can only recall that happening before in LTK, when M's goons do a trigger-happy and piss-poor job of things at Hemingway House.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 5:15 am

trevanian wrote:
Bond in the Craig era seemed to be attracting a lot of friendly fire, what with CIA gunsels blazing away at him in QUANTUM, Moneypenny plugging him in SKYFALL and his finally getting vaporized by UK missiles.

Plus all the fire he is receiving here. big laugh
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 7:24 am

trevanian wrote:

Can only recall that happening before in LTK, when M's goons do a trigger-happy and piss-poor job of things at Hemingway House.    

During the scene where she shaves him in SF, I briefly wondered if he was about to 'plug' her. If you catch my drift.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 11:32 am

Craig's Bond is probably more interested in pegging than plugging.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 3:42 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
trevanian wrote:

During the scene where she shaves him in SF, I briefly wondered if he was about to 'plug' her. If you catch my drift.

I got the impression he did just that. Later in the Floating Dragon:

Bond: "It's amazing what you can do with an extra set of hands."

Moneypenny: "It sure is."
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 3:43 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
trevanian wrote:

Plus all the fire he is receiving here. big laugh

Which is anything but friendly.
Back to top Go down
Oldschool297

Oldschool297

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 12:56 am

Am i alone wanting Craig do one more Bond movie?
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 3:56 am

Oldschool297 wrote:
Are you Barbara Broccoli?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 7:28 am

Oldschool297 wrote:

I'd say you're certainly in the minority of thinking it's POSSIBLE, after how NTTD ended.

Speaking of which, work colleague who knows I'm a Bond fan asked last week what I'd thought of said ending. Without pause, I said 'Absolutely hated it'.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 4:22 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Oldschool297 wrote:

I'd say you're certainly in the minority of thinking it's POSSIBLE, after how NTTD ended.

Speaking of which, work colleague who knows I'm a Bond fan asked last week what I'd thought of said ending. Without pause, I said 'Absolutely hated it'.

You know, I could almost halfway accept it if it occurred in the absolutely final Bond film. But because further Bond films will apparently be made, the ending is farcical. And I'm hardly one of those people who stands on timelines, either. But actually killing off Bond and having him return is beyond the pale. Perhaps they'll contrive some way of Bond surviving a direct hit from a missile. Wouldn't put it past 'em.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 6:23 pm

It'll be dismissed as being down to the Craig films being/having their own self-contained arc. That's if Babs and Wilson even bother mentioning it when promo for the next one rolls around.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 7:44 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
It'll be dismissed as being down to the Craig films being/having their own self-contained arc. That's if Babs and Wilson even bother mentioning it when promo for the next one rolls around.  

In that case, it'll be ridiculous. As much as Babs et al might wish to conceive of the Craigs as their own little self-contained universe, they're not. They're Bond films, not Craig films.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 10:30 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
Oldschool297 wrote:

You know, I could almost halfway accept it if it occurred in the absolutely final Bond film. But because further Bond films will apparently be made, the ending is farcical. And I'm hardly one of those people who stands on timelines, either. But actually killing off Bond and having him return is beyond the pale. Perhaps they'll contrive some way of Bond surviving a direct hit from a missile. Wouldn't put it past 'em.

Pull a Maibaum and have Bond undergo plastic surgery afterward, a la the first draft of OHMSS. But one would hope that if they try that hoary old chestnut, that they also lengthen his legs so he is a little more Bondian in stature. Also add in some acting chops that Craig apparently left behind when he first took the gig.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 10:30 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
They're Bond films, not Craig films.

Correct. Unfortunately this was lost on lusty ol' Babs and Craig himself (who seemingly never lost the resentment over the Blond-Not-Bond mockery at the start).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 12:35 am

CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:

I think James Bond always knew a Russian lesbian would get him in the end.

CJB wrote:
Craig's Bond is probably more interested in pegging than plugging.

laugh I’ve missed this.

Though ironically now its Western lesbians.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 6:28 am

Good to see you again, 'Bang!

I think at this rate Western lesbians will be the last people still watching Bond. Not sure how much mass appeal Oh Oh Seven has any more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No time to die ending.   No time to die ending. Empty

Back to top Go down

No time to die ending.
Page 1 of 1