More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

writer strikes and Bond

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

writer strikes and Bond Empty
PostSubject: writer strikes and Bond   writer strikes and Bond EmptyThu Sep 28, 2023 1:11 am

LTK and Quantum were the pics that had to do without Maibaum and any legit writer, respectively. Any speculation on how they would have turned out if they had opportunity to do traditional rewrites/polishes on these?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: writer strikes and Bond   writer strikes and Bond EmptyThu Sep 28, 2023 3:33 pm

There's very little about LTK--including its script--I would change. QoS, OTOH... But that may because of Haggis' presence more than anything to do with the strike.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: writer strikes and Bond   writer strikes and Bond EmptyThu Sep 28, 2023 4:29 pm

I am not sure whatever changes more time on the scripts would bring, would be for the better.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: writer strikes and Bond   writer strikes and Bond EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 2:36 am

I’d hope with LTK the set up would be less contrived and stemming from a joint mission between Bond and Leiter a la Fleming’s Live and Let Die. Bond being Felix’s best man really is a stretch.

QOS, well, for one... give Fields more to do. :)
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: writer strikes and Bond   writer strikes and Bond EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 4:29 pm

Why is Bond being Felix's best man a stretch? Certainly based upon the relationship established in the novels, it is anything but.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: writer strikes and Bond   writer strikes and Bond EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 11:08 am

Yes, I also don't find it a stretch. Plus, bringing back the Leiter actor who'd featured in the previous Bond flick with a drug-dealer villain was a smart bit of casting.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: writer strikes and Bond   writer strikes and Bond EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 11:18 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Why is Bond being Felix's best man a stretch? Certainly based upon the relationship established in the novels, it is anything but.

I just think Felix would have others closer to him than Bond himself, in both his personal and professional lives, who’d be more appropriate to take up the mantle of “best man”. A little too sentimental and pointed for me.

BI wrote:
Plus, bringing back the Leiter actor who'd featured in the previous Bond flick with a drug-dealer villain was a smart bit of casting.

That certainly helps, especially with Hedison being as likeable as he is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: writer strikes and Bond   writer strikes and Bond Empty

Back to top Go down

writer strikes and Bond
Page 1 of 1