More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+4
Blunt Instrument
Perilagu Khan
trevanian
Phantom Commander
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptySat May 04, 2024 8:23 am

INSOMNIA
The Nolan remake. Much better than I remembered it to be. The main difference from the original is that the Pacino protagonist is more unambiguously the good guy.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptySat May 04, 2024 4:35 pm

The Searchers (1956)

Given the genre and the year this was made, it's a surprisingly heavy film. Of course, if the Coens remade it, it would be heavier still, but also more humorous. John Wayne, as per usual, dominates the proceedings. Otherwise, the film rather lacks star power but it's still very good.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2024 9:12 am

BATMAN BEGINS
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 W843h1200
When this came out, it was the best superhero movie yet. Still holds up well.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2024 4:02 pm

THE PRESTIGE
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 The-prestige-christian-bale
Really clever script for this one, makes me curious about the book it is based on.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2024 5:31 pm

One-eyed Jacks (1961)

Marlon Brando's only turn as a director produced a cracking good Western. Lots of star power with Brando, Karl Malden, Katy Jurado, Slim Pickens and Ben Johnson.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 2:10 am

Eye In The Sky

By far one of the best films to come out in the last 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 11:33 am

Cutthroat Island - 8 years before the first Pirates Of The Caribbean flick, this Renny Harlin pirate swashbuckler flopped. Hard to see why, as everything you would reasonably expect is here - hidden treasure, swordfights, ship-boarding, rum-swigging etc. With Geena Davis, Matthew Modine and Frank Langella.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 7:26 am

The Other Fellow - 2022 docu that talks to a disparate group of men from around the globe who are named ... James Bond. Some have leant into it, for others it's been a drag. An intriguing watch.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 7:38 am

I heard about that. Anyone under 60? If so, it must have been an intentional gag from the parents.

THE DARK KNIGHT
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 71VWQ+or67L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_
I admire how the Nolan Batmans manage to keep it all believable, as something that could have happened for real, without losing the fantastical element.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 6:02 pm

Most of the participants were under 60.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 8:45 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Most of the participants were under 60.
I hope they all drive an Aston Martin.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 9:11 am

MISSISSIPPI BURNING
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 S-l400
My second favourite Parker movie.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptySat May 11, 2024 10:35 am

INCEPTION
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 How-cobb-mal-went-into-limbo-in-inception
Very impressive script, a bit sad, great effects.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2024 4:13 pm

Machete/Machete Kills - Robert Rodriguez's parody of/tribute to grindhouse actioners, which make for a hoot of a double-bill if you're in the right mood (alcohol helps). The craggiest-faced man in the business (Danny Trejo) cuts a swathe through manys a scumbag whilst the eye-candy is in the shape of the likes of Michelle Rodriguez, Jessica Alba and Sofia Vergara.

The Fall Guy - big-screen action-comedy based on the Lee Majors TV show, with Ryan Gosling as stuntman Colt Seavers and Emily Blunt as his movie-crew on-off love-interest. The stunts are spectacular, the script is funny, and Gosling and Blunt have genuine chemistry. Really good fun.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2024 7:27 am

Blunt Instrument, I find the Machete movies very enjoyable. I need to rewatch them some day.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 Maxresdefault
A worthy conclusion to the saga. You have to admire these Batman villains. They are so dedicated and resourceful.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyTue May 14, 2024 9:41 am

DUNKIRK
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 Dunkirk-Cillian-Murphy
Amazing filmmaking, but much of this is rather boring.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 10:13 am

TENET
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 Tenet-face-mask
This must be Nolan´s masterpiece. I was blown away by the ingenuity of this in a way I had not been since Memento.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 12:50 pm

POOR THINGS

One of the best films to come out this year. Imaginative and beautiful Frankenstein-type story, but it is in some ways more horrific than Frankenstein.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptySat May 18, 2024 8:11 am

THE EXORCIST
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 Sddefault
There is something about 70s horror movies that set them apart from the rest. This is one of the classics. Lovely girl.
I remember stories about people fainting in theatres, and from Jehova´s Witnesses one could even hear about people actually becoming possessed in cinemas. Poor people, I wonder what happened to them. Maybe they went into politics.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptySat May 18, 2024 4:30 pm

1973 may have been the high-water mark for supernatural horror. 1990 was another excellent vintage.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 6:35 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
1973 may have been the high-water mark for supernatural horror. 1990 was another excellent vintage.
Could well be, and not just in film.

FACE/OFF
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 0738329265144
The only John Woo film I enjoy, it has a great story and fine actors. Too bad about the excessive action, it is just way too much. Half of it would have been more than enough, and made it less boring.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 am

The thing I remember about Face/Off is some of the most 'spottable' stunt doubles since the last couple of Moore Bonds.

Office Space - Mike Judge's corporate satire still seems funny and relevant 25 years on ... of course, maybe it resonated strongly with me as I will be being made redundant at the end of June after 34 years with the same company. Ah well, the resultant payout is a decent chunk of change and will allow me a fair bit of breathing space.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:05 pm

Good luck , BI. Perhaps it will be a change for the better. 34 years is a long time. I have never been anywhere more than seven years at most. At least so far.

FAR TIL FIRE I SOLEN (Father of Four in the Sun)
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 02_56
Amusing and charming Danish family comedy. There is a whole series of these films, spanning decades.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 5:17 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
The thing I remember about Face/Off is some of the most 'spottable' stunt doubles since the last couple of Moore Bonds.

Office Space - Mike Judge's corporate satire still seems funny and relevant 25 years on ... of course, maybe it resonated strongly with me as I will be being made redundant at the end of June after 34 years with the same company. Ah well, the resultant payout is a decent chunk of change and will allow me a fair bit of breathing space.

I assume you'll be able to work another job if you choose and still receive the payout?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 EmptyToday at 7:22 am

Thanks, PC. Have looked into it, Khanners ... nothing else suitable at current workplace. Eh, the hell with it ... reckon I'll spend the latter half of this year as a 'man of leisure'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7