More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

James Bond in the 21st Century: Why We still Need 007

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

James Bond in the 21st Century: Why We still Need 007 Empty
PostSubject: James Bond in the 21st Century: Why We still Need 007   James Bond in the 21st Century: Why We still Need 007 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm probably really behind since this came out in 2006, but has anyone else read this?

It's basically a collection of articles about Bond in pop culture, among other things. I've only read a couple of them so far, but it's really piqued my interest. One article alone is enough to start 3 threads on here, so I'm hoping this will help rejuvenate my own Bond fandom, and hopefully breathe some new life into this place while I'm about it.

Here's more about the book, and the particular article that interested me: http://www.smartpopbooks.com/1409
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

James Bond in the 21st Century: Why We still Need 007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Bond in the 21st Century: Why We still Need 007   James Bond in the 21st Century: Why We still Need 007 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:57 am

Good catch LaLa. I have this book in my Bond collection. Its a great read.
John Cox's piece on the sexual subtext in the Bond films is both interesting and funny.
"You Only Live Twice: James Bond goes to Hell", with Blofeld cast as the devil, is really well written, as is his summary of the unrelenting sexual subtext in FRWL, but allows re. the boat-chase scene, that sometimes a boat chase is just a boat chase.:)
His discussion of James Bond and the Oedipus Complex in GF is very well done as well.

Great book! One of my favourite Bond books. All sorts of great little topics and angles are discussed from a variety of interesting authors.

==I would have repsonded sooner, but I didn't see the thread till now.
Back to top Go down

James Bond in the 21st Century: Why We still Need 007
Page 1 of 1