More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Brothers Barbarian

Go down 
+3
Makeshift Python
Louis Armstrong
The White Tuxedo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

The Brothers Barbarian Empty
PostSubject: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:59 am

The first episode is up. I play the Yellow Mage. Note: THIS IS NOT MY BEST WORK AS AN ACTOR. I didn't get a script until about the day of, and I didn't know WHAT the frak was going on. I don't have much to do, and I didn't know what the hell to do with the role at first. But I'm barely in the fucker.

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:04 am

I have to say, from reading the script and knowing the story. It's not very clearly laid out in the actual editing. laugh

And no one was off book. Not even the writers, who are the stars. laugh But it was a blast to shoot. I hope there is a Season 2.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:02 am

You've said it before, Tux, and now I believe it - you really do look quite young! You in any more episodes down the line?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:13 am

Yeah, but I forget which ones I'm in. They were all filmed together. Six episodes. I'm in at least half of them. My first shot was my nude scene. Waist up.

Glad to look young, but I hate my voice.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:34 am

Episode 2:

I'm barely in this episode. I'm in the scene after the end credits, but you hardly see me. laugh

Bless these guys. They have good intentions, and Tim the director seems to know what he's doing, but the acting is horrible.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:20 pm

I haven't brought myself to watch these yet, but Episodes 3 and 4. My "nude" scene is in one of them.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Amusing to watch. laugh But yeah, the acting's off on nearly everyone.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Amusing to watch. laugh But yeah, the acting's off on nearly everyone.

I hate that this the one thing I can really show people. For a variety of reasons it turned out the way it did. I'm one of the few cast members that is actually an actor. Most everyone else had never acted before. So it just came down to "say the lines", and of course no one knew their lines. laugh
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:00 pm

How much did you get paid for this shit? laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Nothing. But it was a thrill to do. They put us up at this historic inn that's a couple hundred years old. Like from the time of Lincoln. Bastard's from our state. Hopefully the second time around time will be spent on the acting. When it comes to comedy, which I guess this is supposed to be, I believe that any sins of production can be forgiven through the level of acting. But here...... They just had too much on their minds. It's odd. The main guy, Tim, is a really funny guy. Between takes he'd be goofing around and shit. If they had shot THAT, this webseries could be a lot better. But when the camera is on, people just get... I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 am

Yeah, you can tell no one's an actor. Having recently switched from using friends as cast to using actual actors, well, now I can always see the difference!

You look young, and you sound young, Tux. If you were on Trek you'd be the token green Ensign, sorry to say -- like Anton Yelchin.

What's kind've a waste is that it's great production values, the whole show LOOKS fantastic (for a webshow) but writing and acting are off. I generally have the opposite problem, I think.

Sound could be better, too.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:25 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:

Agreed. Especially during the wide shots.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:56 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Yeah, you can tell no one's an actor. Having recently switched from using friends as cast to using actual actors, well, now I can always see the difference!

You look young, and you sound young, Tux. If you were on Trek you'd be the token green Ensign, sorry to say -- like Anton Yelchin.

What's kind've a waste is that it's great production values, the whole show LOOKS fantastic (for a webshow) but writing and acting are off. I generally have the opposite problem, I think.

Someone compared me to Yelchin in that role. I don't mind AT ALL. I'm 28, and I won't make it back to LA for at least a year. So I don't mind looking and sounding as young as possible. More work possibilites for me. :D

But yeah, no time or care was put into the acting. I should say that I am an actor, so it's not like no one was. ;) I just didn't get a script until the night before and I had NO FCUKING CLUE what was going on from scene to scene. I had no handle on the role I was playing, and there were no rehearsals or anything. I went in cold and didn't have enough time to do anything very good. I'm a very funny actor (I give myself few things, but I give myself that).

It's a shame they didn't focus on the acting. It's especially vital to comedy. Everyone was very wooden when the camera was rolling (so to speak, it's digital of course). It's a classic problem with untrained actors. You put them on a stage and they try to act and their humanity evaporates. I can't tell you how goofy and funny some of these folks are when they're not trying to act. I was frustrated because I had such a minor role that I couldn't really get a chance to be good because I simply had very little to do and didn't know what the story was half the time. Shit, NOBODY even knew their lines!
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:36 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

But yeah, no time or care was put into the acting. I should say that I am an actor, so it's not like no one was. ;) I just didn't get a script until the night before and I had NO FCUKING CLUE what was going on from scene to scene. I had no handle on the role I was playing, and there were no rehearsals or anything. I went in cold and didn't have enough time to do anything very good. I'm a very funny actor (I give myself few things, but I give myself that).

It's a shame they didn't focus on the acting. Everyone was very wooden when the camera was rolling (so to speak, it's digital of course).

If only they'd stuck "Directed by George Lucas" on the end, it would all make sense. laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:49 am

I was thinking of Lucas when I wrote that part about not having a script because I hear noone on TPM had a full script or knew what the story was.

With this thing it was lack of communication.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Barbarian   The Brothers Barbarian Empty

Back to top Go down

The Brothers Barbarian
Page 1 of 1