More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie you Watched?

Go down 
+36
Blunt Instrument
GeneralGogol
j7wild
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Salomé
Gravity's Silhouette
Klown
bitchcraft
6of1
Prince Kamal Khan
dalton
Tubes
Jack Wade
Fae
G section
Loomis
tiffanywint
Mr. Trevelyan
Hilly
00Twelve
saint mark
Louis Armstrong
Seve
Makeshift Python
trevanian
Control
Ravenstone
Fairbairn-Sykes
Santa
dr. strangelove
The White Tuxedo
HJackson
Manhunter
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Loomis wrote:
the film's depiction of the gay community is questionable to say the least.

No scenes of leather-clad moustachioed Village People helping old ladies across the road? William Friedkin is guilty of hate crime.

Personally I favour the serial killer community.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:28 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

They do tend to be quiet, keep themselves to themselves, and generally have a better library of books and films.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

They do tend to be quiet, keep themselves to themselves, and generally have a better library of books and films.

Certainly your garden is well-kept and your cellar is to die for. Where is Oppers, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

i believe Pierre Boulez is their chairman.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

Certainly your garden is well-kept and your cellar is to die for. Where is Oppers, anyway?

I left her polishing the silverware and there's not a Court in the land that could prove otherwise, copper.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Daisy pushed up the daises. The salami is eaten. The operation is over.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

I left her polishing the silverware and there's not a Court in the land that could prove otherwise, copper.

Now, now, no need for that. What you get up to in the privacy of your own homes is no concern of mine.

We like to think of ourselves as a modern police service. We're here to protect you from a sometimes cruel and intolerant society that refuses to understand your alternative lifestyle.

Can I get you any more binbags?
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

Those extra thick ones? I'm tired of double-bagging.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

Those extra thick ones? I'm tired of double-bagging.

Mine are environmentally sustainable.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Well, the contents are fully biodegradable.

As far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Her gold fillings are mine. I paid for them, after all.

Indirectly.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 am

THE MUPPETS (2011)

So, so, so awesome. Great story. Plenty of humor, plenty of silly music numbers and a lot of surprisingly emotional moments. Plenty of nostalgia, as well.

Did a good job of not letting Jason Segal and Amy Adams not get in the way, either. Their inclusion seemed a tad forced at times, but it never did more than complement the Muppets, which is good.

Possibly the most enjoyable cinematic experience I've had of the year so far.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:24 am

THE TRIAL

I love watching this movie, and this time it was on a big screen. Cinematic brilliance.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:50 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
THE TRIAL

I love watching this movie, and this time it was on a big screen. Cinematic brilliance.

Oh wow. Good quality print?

I'm dying for Criterion to do a Welles set.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows Part 2

8/10

A pretty good climax to the series, the battles feel epic and urgent and the whole thing is a heap more entertaining than the turgid DH Part 1, I can't help but feel the two parts could have been condensed to one film although I do see the problem with the adpatation - there are a lot of deaths that should affect us but ultimately feel very difficult to be invested in. I suppose I should read the books but oddly despite liking the films I have never felt the urge to pick one up.

All in all I tend to like the 'Potter films' that introduce or revolve around eccentric characters making 'Chamber of Secrets' and 'Half Blood Prince' probably slight above the rest...but as a whole its a very consistently entertaining franchise and I will be miss it going forward.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 2:53 am

WOMAN OF THE DUNES (1964, directed by Hiroshi Teshigahara). A schoolteacher from Tokyo becomes first the guest then the prisoner of an isolated seaside community after he accepts the hospitality of an attractive young woman who dwells among the sand dunes. A bizarre, beguiling tale, strikingly shot in black and white, blending allegorical and erotic drama with horror. As otherworldy as the dunescape that features as its backdrop, it has the feel of a ghost story without any supernatural elements.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 2:58 am

Brilliantly atmospheric score too by Toru Takemitsu. I believe Bernard Herrmann once called it the greatest film score.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:04 am

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 Killer%2BElite%2B%25282011%2529%2B%25E2%2580%2593%2BHollywood%2BMovie%2BWatch%2BOnline

Back to top Go down
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:27 pm

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011)

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 Adventures-of-tintin

I wouldn't consider myself a big Tintin fan, but as I do have stackful of the original comic books and have watched the 90´s cartoon show, then I guess it could count me as a follower of this legendary Hergé comic. I first heard about this film few years ago, probably few months after I saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (which I thought, and still think, is disappointing but at least enjoyable), and I had, as almost anybody had, low and suspicious expectations. But as I read more about Spielberg's (and Jackson's) fandom and how Hergé himself, after seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark, has said that Spielberg is the only person who could do justice to Tintin on film, I started to think more positively. And when I saw the trailer, I got hyped. SO hyped.

Now, after seeing this film, do I think it's good? No. I think it's excellente. It truly captures the feeling and style of the comics, and even play's just like 'em, maybe little bit more action-based but still faithfully. Also the whole film feels like a one, big, exciting adventure, which sadly is missing in modern cinema. The motion capture totally surprised me, it makes the people look just like real Hergé people and it finally looks damn impressive and not like the film was a compilation of video game cutscenes edited together. The 3D effect wasn't impressive, but then again it has never looked impressive in anything, IMHO. The voice acting was great, Jamie Bell, Nick Frost, Simon Pegg; they're all fitting in their respective roles. But Andy Serkis as Haddock steals the show. He's just perfect, can't think anyone better for the role than him. Daniel Craig was OK, but I couldn't stop thinking that it was James Bond in a Hergé costume. The music by John Williams is also excellent, probably one of his best recent scores, if not one of the best from all-time (at least it made it's place in my TOP 20). If I have to think something negative about this, then it would have to be the fact, that Milou and Dupond & Dupont are called by their American names: Snowy and Thomson & Thompson. But that's passable, since the characters are already well-made into the film.
Overall a top notch adaption of an outstanding comic, that reminds us that a hard work, dedication and enthusiasm can create a great film. I recommend this not only to Tintin and Hergé fans, but also for people who love great adventure films and even for Indiana Jones fans, especially for those who were heartbreakingly disappointed with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Eagerly waiting for the sequel, wonder what Jackson has to offer...

9/10

Steven Spielberg Countdown:
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
2. Schindler's List (1993)
3. Jaws (1975)
4. Jurassic Park (1993)
5. E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
6. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
7. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
8. The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011)
9. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
10. A.I. - Artificial Intelligence (2001)
11. Munich (2005)
12. Minority Report (2002)
13. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
14. Terminal (2004)
15. Amistad (1997)
16. Catch Me If You Can (2002)
17. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
18. Hook (1991)
19. War of the Worlds (2005)
20. The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Tree of Life - Can't really explain my thoughts on Mallick's latest. Discovery Channel on acid meets Tarkovsky? Powerful in many parts, but so drawn out and overly long towards the end, where the film is begging so hard for an emotional response. In the end, Tree of Life is a collage of paintings or ideas about the start and end of our world. All the Mallick elements, ie. the fixation on trees and water, as well as the mumbling, slow voiceovers are there. I think it would've been better without any dialogue whatsoever. Just the visuals and Brahms.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:56 pm

And no cutesy dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:41 pm

Sharky wrote:
And no cutesy dinosaurs.

That scene made me laugh out loud - I wouldn't have guessed that even dinosaurs would be featured. Mallick really threw in everything and the kitchen sink!
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:48 am

North By Northwest (1959)

Grand entertainment. Best suit in all of cinema?

Wild River (1960)

I've wanted to see it for ages. I found it greatly affecting, even if the narrative focus seems fuzzy on a first viewing. I dunno if Kazan ever figured out how to handle widescreen. Cinemascope just doesn't really gel with what he's after. I think this film might have worked better in B&W, and maybe better in 1.85:1. Or maybe he just needed a better DP. As it stands, I find it visually awkward. Kazan is locked into this wide ratio, and like I said I'm not sure if he ever figured out how the hell to use it. At least 2.35:1. A FACE IN THE CROWD (B&W and 1.85) looks great.

Clift. I like him, though this is not one of my favorite roles that he played. It doesn't seem like the greatest role. Jo Van Fleet, who is AMAZING in this film, gets the really good material. Second to her in terms of a good part is Lee Remick. She's very good here.

I liked the social element of the film, with the black workers and their wages and how equal pay pissed off the good ole boys. I quite liked the attention given to Fleet's side of things.

This is along of the lines of the kind of film I'd love to make. I'd love to make a film set in this general region.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:54 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I dunno if Kazan ever figured out how to handle widescreen.

East of Eden says otherwise. Some of the best early CinemaScope photography.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:10 am

Von Ryan's Express

5/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059885/

one of the few great World War 2 movies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie you Watched?
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next