More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The F1 thread.

Go down 
+4
tiffanywint
Largo's Shark
Ravenstone
Aris
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

The F1 thread. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The F1 thread.   The F1 thread. - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
A lot of people suspect that Hamilton is off to Mercedes next year. It was rumoured that they had made an offer, but it really came alive when Eddie Jordan said that Hamilton had agreed to personal terms with the team. Sure, it might be EJ, but don't forget that he predicted Michael Schumacher's comeback in 2010 when everyone was convinced that Nick Heidfeld would get the second Mercees seat alongside Rosberg. And yesterday, James Allen - again, not the most-respected figure in the paddock, but certainly a much better print journalist than commentator - uploaded this thought-provoking article about a move to Mercedes.

Of course, if Hamilton were to leave McLaren, it begs the question of who would replace him. A lot of people think di Resta will get the McLaren gig because he's British, but I don't think he fits the mould of a McLaren driver, and I believe there are some much-better drivers out there. If I were calling the shots at McLaren, I'd push for Sergio Perez, even if it would be difficult and no doubt expensive to get him out of his Ferrari contract. Failing that, Nico Hulkenberg would be my second choice, and then possibly Kamui Kobayashi or Jaime Alguersuari, but by this point I'd be getting pretty desperate.

mid season malcontentment may have turned to end of season satisfaction if McLaren continue their current return to form and keep Lewis in the frame for the title
Formula One is a fickle sport riddled with Byzantine politics with many a slip 'tween cup and lip (or something like that)
Still plenty of races to go which may influence a drivers preferences for next season

McLaren should sign Mitch Evans to replace Hamilton
;)

Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: The F1 thread.   The F1 thread. - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:57 am

5/10/2012 an ignominious end for Schumacher...
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The F1 thread.   The F1 thread. - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:42 am

Blargh. Worst. Result. Ever.

2012 has been a great season. It would be a shame if Sebastian Vettel ruined it by winning the World Championship.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: The F1 thread.   The F1 thread. - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:10 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Blargh. Worst. Result. Ever.

2012 has been a great season. It would be a shame if Sebastian Vettel ruined it by winning the World Championship.

I wouldn't want to bet against him now...
:pale:
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: The F1 thread.   The F1 thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:09 am

well, they did their best to derail Vettel with "fuel irregularities" but he and his team still look to have unstoppable momentum

nice to see Kimmi (and Lotus) back in the winners circle, and I loved the banter...

"Kimi Raikkonen deals a sportsman's blow against march of the robotsF1 driver fights back against trend towards technicians or coaches micromanaging teams through radios or from touchlines

Notoriously a man with little to say for himself, Kimi Raikkonen certainly made his words count as he sped to victory in Sunday's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

When his race engineer came on the radio to inform him of the gap to the pursuing Ferrari of Fernando Alonso, the Finn's reply was blunt and pointed: "Just leave me alone. I know what I'm doing." Late in the race the same voice came through his earpiece, telling him to remember to warm up his new set of tyres. "Yes, yes, yes, yes," he responded. "I'm doing all the tyres. You don't have to remind me every second."

I loved that. It seemed a wonderfully refreshing corrective to the phenomenon, by no means confined to motor racing, of turning sportsmen and women into robots controlled by technicians sitting on the sidelines."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The F1 thread.   The F1 thread. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The F1 thread.
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8