More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

SKYFALL Plot Synopsis

Go down 
+33
trevanian
Santa
Tubes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lazenby.
dalton
dr. strangelove
Fort Knox
jet set willy
Gravity's Silhouette
lachesis
Louis Armstrong
Prisoner Monkeys
Napoleon Solo
Loomis
saint mark
Prince Kamal Khan
Control
6of1
tiffanywint
Seve
GeneralGogol
Harmsway
bitchcraft
j7wild
colly
Jack Wade
The White Tuxedo
Perilagu Khan
CJB
FourDot
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

SKYFALL Plot Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Quote :
In SKYFALL, Bond's loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/eon-productions-metro-goldwyn-mayer-studios-and-sony-pictures-entertainment-announce-7th-november-is-start-of-production-for-23rd-james-bond-film-skyfall-133144863.html

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Just thought of Dench's advice in GE, "don't make it personal."
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:33 pm

This could be done well.

It can also be done horribly, horribly wrong.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:35 pm

SKYFALL Plot Synopsis Ian_fleming
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Actually, Fleming's Bond felt tremendous loyalty to M. Then again, Fleming's M was a father figure rather than a mother hen.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 3:46 pm

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH 2: THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL, AGAIN

This sounds like it could be a nightmare, like they are plowing this series into the ground creatively. Put Bond on a mission for pete's sake!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 3:53 pm

I'll wait to reserve judgment once we have more than a vague, two-sentence plot synopsis. If it's done right, I don't care much if it's another film where M gets as much screentime as she has the last few films.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:06 pm

I was actually thinking on the train today how the casting of such an accomplished actress as Dench as M had led to further involvement of the character over time. Pity the character were getting isnt really worthy of the actress.

As I said in the other thread, could be done well, and I would like to see it played to a rather epic degree that causes some large threat to national security. You know, so theres actually some danger and excitement involved. ;)
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
I'll wait to reserve judgment once we have more than a vague, two-sentence plot synopsis. If it's done right, I don't care much if it's another film where M gets as much screentime as she has the last few films.

If it turns out well, sins will be forgiven. I'm just nervous that we're on too familiar ground, which is kind of ironic as I support a return to familiar ground in terms of a traditional Bond film. This movie just doesn't sound like what the series needs right now. I think the series needs an old-fashioned, fun, inspired, sexy, thrilling Bond movie with M in one scene tops and Bond dashing across the globe after some big bad villain, only stopping along the way to sip a martini and sleep with a girl.

We don't need everyone sitting around MI6 Headquaters po-faced because M's past is gonna haunt her or some such nonsense. Bond's loyalty to M is tested? Yawn. What is she gonna be exposed as, a war criminal? Is there gonna be some Important Political Message delivered by Matt Damon?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:53 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:

I think the series needs an old-fashioned, fun, inspired, sexy, thrilling Bond movie with M in one scene tops and Bond dashing across the globe after some big bad villain, only stopping along the way to sip a martini and sleep with a girl.

But you don't get Sam Mendes with such a plot. And getting A-list, Hollywood, Academy respect is apparently what Bond is all about these days.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:30 pm

I think my idea for Bond's false defection to Quantum would be far more interesting than M's past coming back to haunt her. I'm a little nervous on what that could entail. They already turned the CIA into a villain in the last film, we don't need a sermon on how the UK is evil too.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:09 pm

colly wrote:
I was actually thinking on the train today how the casting of such an accomplished actress as Dench as M had led to further involvement of the character over time.

It's taken you this long to figure that out? laugh
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:11 pm

FourDot wrote:
This could be done well.

It can also be done horribly, horribly wrong.

I agree... somehow I have a bad feeling about this...

so many good cast members doesn't usually means a good film...

there has been many good (non-Bond) films that had a stellar casts but their characters were so shallowly written, they were just window dressing

if this one fails, it maybe the end of the Bond Film Franchise
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:31 pm

colly wrote:
As I said in the other thread, could be done well, and I would like to see it played to a rather epic degree that causes some large threat to national security. You know, so theres actually some danger and excitement involved. ;)

Yeah, this. In TWINE, the attack on MI6 is pretty limp - they all shuffle up to Scotland and normal programming resumes in a slightly more picturesque location. Big deal.

And they're obviously not bothered by it much since M goes galavanting about later on in the film.

If the rumour about undeground bunkers and whatnot is true, that's probably a step in the right direction if they're going to go down this path. Bond's never really been tested by his loyalty to M before, that's never provided a real challenge; in fact, he's more often struggled to obey M.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:34 pm

The thought of M being appreciative to Bond and having sex with him when her defences are down must have all of you wanking. 🐘

Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:00 am

Definitely sounds like THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH 2.0. Hope it's better the second time around.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:25 am

This one-sentence synopsis sounds like some bad fan fiction idea from one of the "Dench's M must die" threads on KTBEU. It could turn out to be a well-executed story, but this was my first reaction.

Also, I'll be disappointed if there won't at least be a passing mention on the fate of Quantum.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:51 am

GeneralGogol wrote:

Also, I'll be disappointed if there won't at least be a passing mention on the fate of Quantum.

who else do you think MI6 is under attack by?
:pirat:

Last edited by Seve on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:53 am

Seve wrote:
GeneralGogol wrote:
This one-sentence synopsis sounds like some bad fan fiction idea from one of the "Dench's M must die" threads on KTBEU. It could turn out to be a well-executed story, but this was my first reaction.

Lazenby., Moore and Shark.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:49 am

Sharky wrote:
Seve wrote:
GeneralGogol wrote:

Lazenby., Moore and Shark.

And "upgrades".
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:15 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I think my idea for Bond's false defection to Quantum would be far more interesting than M's past coming back to haunt her. I'm a little nervous on what that could entail. They already turned the CIA into a villain in the last film, we don't need a sermon on how the UK is evil too.
Tux, I'm rolling with everything you are saying here and in previous post ( sitting around po-faced laugh ). Just a normal Bond film would have been nice, after the last one, but no we are going deep with the drama and character development yet again. Who knows though, this film might be great, but it could be god-awful too.

I'm pretty sure though, that the movie is not likely to draw comparisons with GF and TB.

About the title. Its been circulating for awhile. Did any of us believe it at first? And the lead Bond girl leak turned out be true as well.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:50 am

What worries me more than anything is that the Bond/M relationship is my least favorite aspect of the Craig Bond films. Making that the focal point of another film fills me with dread. I shudder at the thought of endless conversations about "the big picture" and "knowing who to trust."
Back to top Go down
6of1
Cipher Clerk
6of1

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:07 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
The thought of M being appreciative to Bond and having sex with him when her defences are down must have all of you wanking. 🐘

No, I think that fantasy has long lost its appeal, around 1977 or so.

But you definitely do have a point about the wanking, only I suspect some neither need M nor Bond in the equation; Craig and themselves would apparently suffice to arrive at the desired result. Well, horses...
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Sharky wrote:
colly wrote:
I was actually thinking on the train today how the casting of such an accomplished actress as Dench as M had led to further involvement of the character over time.

It's taken you this long to figure that out? laugh

Yes, its taken me all this time. :study:

;)

While that does sound incredibly simple, it was more to do with my speculation on how much screentime Dench was going to get in SF, before I read the plot synopsis. Thinking about films has been my main activity on all these long bus-rides/train-rides/flights across europe, when theres no chatter to be had. ;)
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:36 pm

So, James Bond isn't really a spy anymore.

That's too bad. And they're still calling him Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in the titles?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SKYFALL Plot Synopsis   SKYFALL Plot Synopsis Empty

Back to top Go down

SKYFALL Plot Synopsis
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next