More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)

Go down 
+42
Blunt Instrument
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Manhunter
TedHeath
FG Wells
Vesper
Santa
saint mark
Loomis
Tubes
jet set willy
lachesis
Harmsway
Prisoner Monkeys
Gravity's Silhouette
j7wild
trevanian
bondfan06
Lazenby.
Hilly
Control
Fae
Mr. Trevelyan
GeneralGogol
Richard Hannay
CJB
SJK91
lalala2004
James. C
Fairbairn-Sykes
colly
HJackson
retrokitty
Louis Armstrong
Drax
Largo's Shark
Salomé
Jack Wade
FourDot
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:51 pm

She certainly doesn't look very cat-like. Wonder if that's meant to be Selina Kyle pre-Catwoman. If not, she looks more like a character from "Spy Kids" rather than Catwoman.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:03 pm

I like her position, but not the outfit.

Looks like an outtake from TRON LEGACY.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Nolan has been stripping down the characters and the series hallmark totems to their most essential scraps. I fear that he might have taken that a step too far with Catwoman. Though I might be jumping to conclusions based on a single picture.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Hmmmmmm. I'll wait and see. It's a bit too stripped down for me. *insert stripped down joke here*

But I'll wait and see. I hope that's Catwoman mk. 1, and we'll see something more later in the film.

But it seems she may use the Bat-pod? I'm looking at her goggles there. Maybe something from Wayne Enterprises? The suit it self looks too........ Like anyone could be wearing it. We'll see.

Is that the Bat-pod?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Looked at the other recent Batnews, and I like what I see.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm sure Catwoman will be riding the bat-pod at one point or another in this film.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:51 pm

It is the Batpod. And I wouldn't be surprised if her gear is from Wayne Enterprises. Seems to be a popular theory.

Still, if this what Catwoman looks like throughout the film, I'm not sure how you can even really call her Catwoman. If Batman can wear a cowl with bat ears, why can't Catwoman wear one with cat ears?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Maybe she doesn't call herself "Catwoman". :/ Maybe she's known more as Selina Kyle in the film.

As long as the story for her is good, I could accept this. I wasn't expecting or wanting anything too outlandish. I wanted a costume that turned the dial up to maybe 5 or 6 on the costume-o-meter. This rates a 2 or 3. BATMAN RETURNS would represent a 10. She certainly was a 10.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Yeah I'm hoping that's not the full look because that looks terrible.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Disappointing yet not surprising. The Bane costume is probably as outlandish as his flicks will ever really get.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:42 pm

I'd still do 'er.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:17 pm

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 2zs9z81

A more complete image of the Catwoman costume. That's not Hathaway but her stuntwoman.

Based on this image, it is closer to the most recent design of her outfit in the comic books than I originally thought.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:07 am

Yeah I just hope it has the mask.

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 Catwoman-pensive
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:44 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Geez, I thought Hardy was gonna bulk up. He doesn't even look like he's as big as he was in BRONSON in those photos. Just a guy with baggy clothes.

No, he's a Tatooine extra.

Looks like a downtrodden Lobot threatening to kill Batman for not giving him some spare change.

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 Batman-bane-fight-PA-6-550x376

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 2z1f
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:27 am

Salomé wrote:
That's not Hathaway but her stuntwoman.

I'd still do 'er.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:32 am

Oppers wrote:
It's a guy in a wig.

I'd still do 'er.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:55 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Yeah I just hope it has the mask.

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 Catwoman-pensive

This is what I want. I don't see Hathaway playing that. I can see her doing Catwoman with angst and determination, but with a sense of fun and playfulness?
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:22 am

I'm more just wondering whether the film even really needs Catwoman, to the point where even the director himself seems to see it as a step too far if the costume is anything to go by. Looks like it might be getting dialled back a bit, maybe just having the character there for the sake of it just so that she's been used at some point during the trilogy. And I can see the casting being a downside for some in a similar way to some people's reactions to Katie Holmes in Begins. Seems like an opportunist bit of "it girl" casting more than anything. I may be wrong, but still.... *looks at Superman photo*.....
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:40 am

I've gone back to watching 1990s Bruce Timm DC cartoons and loving Kevin Conroy. It sooths me after a day of nerd rage.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:48 am

Not surprised at the lame Catwoman suit. Why even bother with the character after Returns, I wonder. Christopher Nolan doesn't know what sex is, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:01 am

Louis Armstrong wrote:
Why even bother with the character after Returns, I wonder.

I would say because RETURNS didn't evoke the comic book version of the character in the slightest. Burton's version was a deranged secretary whose fracturing psyche served to mirror Wayne's and serve as a kind of bizarre gender inequality comment. Catwoman in RETURNS is absolutely insane.

The comics' version is sane, totally, and is above all things a thief, a woman who steals from men and delights in it, with a playful and mischievous attitude. She is neither crazy, nor a killer.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:11 am

OK
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:16 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Louis Armstrong wrote:

I would say because RETURNS didn't evoke the comic book version of the character in the slightest. Burton's version was a deranged secretary whose fracturing psyche served to mirror Wayne's and serve as a kind of bizarre gender inequality comment. Catwoman in RETURNS is absolutely insane.

The comics' version is sane, totally, and is above all things a thief, a woman who steals from men and delights in it, with a playful and mischievous attitude. She is neither crazy, nor a killer.

I was explaining to someone at work today that she's basically the only in a mask besides Batman who isn't batshit crazy.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:19 am

Yeah, what Burton did in RETURNS with all three characters (Batman, Catwoman and Penguin) is heavily Burtonize them. At the core they are still the same, I suppose, and Batman is closer than the other two, but the Penguin of that film for example is nowhere near the Penguin of the comics. So in terms of Catwoman and Penguin, there is plenty of room for reinterpretation on film. I mean, look at the difference between Aaron Eckhart's (truncated) Two-Face and Tommy Lee Jone's -- worlds apart, with Eckhart falling much closer to the source material.

In the comics, I believe Catwoman and Penguin fall into the rare group of "not insane" Bat-villains, who go to regular prison instead of Arkham Asylum when captured. In Burton's film, they are both crazy with a captial K, as it were.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:27 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Louis Armstrong wrote:

I was explaining to someone at work today that she's basically the only in a mask besides Batman who isn't batshit crazy.

Well it's not like Batman himself is a very stable individual...

I also don't buy the idea that Catwoman is too far-fetched a character for Nolan's Batman. You would think that bridge has been crossed - and then some - by making the Joker the main villain of the previous movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next