More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune

Go down 
+9
Harmsway
FourDot
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Prisoner Monkeys
saint mark
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
jet set willy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune Empty
PostSubject: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:27 pm

If this is true, best news I've heard for a Bond film in years.......Paul McCartney LALD Mk2 here we come!! :cheers:

Noel Gallagher could write and perform the theme tune for the next James Bond film, according to reports.

The Sun claims that the former Oasis chief will hold talks with bosses of the 007 franchise in the next few days, to discuss the possibility of him penning the song for the new Bond instalment Skyfall.

A source, who said that Gallagher would meet film producer Michael G. Wilson in LA for the talks, revealed:

"They’re going to talk about potentially writing and performing the song for next year’s new Bond film. Nothing is signed or official, it’s just being discussed at the moment."

Previously, Noel Gallagher claimed that an unreleased song he’d written called 'Freaky Teeth’ would be perfect for the film series. In 2008, he said of the track: "I listened back to it thinking, 'That’d make a fucking great Bond theme. It’s a bit of a piss-take that the greatest British agent of all time has to be soundtracked by a bunch of Americans."

The last Bond theme – for the 2008 film Quantum Of Solace - was a duet recorded by singer Alicia Keys and The White Stripes' Jack White.

Earlier this month, the producers of Skyfall denied that Adele had been confirmed to sing the theme tune for the film. It was also claimed that Michael Buble was in the running to perform the song.

Skyfall, Bond's 23rd outing, is due to hit cinema screens on October 26, 2012. Scroll down and click below to watch this month’s press conference which saw lead actor Daniel Craig speak about the film and producers finally confirm the official title as Skyfall.

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/60488

Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:35 pm

If this true, then this is the worst news I've heard in a long time. Who gives a shit if the film is scored by a bunch of Yanks? Likely than not, they've got more talent than that that Manucian c***, or that beardy t*** from Luton (David something).
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Sharky wrote:
If this true, then this is the worst news I've heard in a long time. Who gives a shit if the film is scored by a bunch of Yanks? Likely than not, they've got more talent than that that Manucian c***, or that beardy t*** from Luton (David something).
I take it you're not a big fan of Noel then Sharky.... laugh
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Subject is a little misleading. Just like everything else floating around the rumor mill, it's far too early for anything to be set in stone.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:15 pm

I sincerly hope not.................. I prefer Adele & Bubble every day of the week over this Gallagher tosser. He is not a brilliant posterboy for EON.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:52 pm

This story is just written off one that appeared in The Sun. We've seen the way The Daily Mail got the drop on them with casting rumours, but the title theme performer is the other big unknown (to their minds), so scooping The Daily Fail is probably their first objective.

saint mark wrote:
I prefer Adele & Bubble every day of the week over this Gallagher tosser.
The article suggests Gallagher will write the song, but that someone else will perform it. Not unlike the way Bono and The Edge wrote GoldenEye, and Tina Turner performed it.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:03 am

I think Noel Gallagher is the best rock songwriter the UK has produced over the past 20 years (at least). I put him up there with Lennon and McCartney.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:08 am

I think Ian Brown, Damon Albarn, Matthew Bellamy, Radiohead, Maxim Reality, Mike Skinner, Amy Winehouse, Steve Hillier/ Sarah Blackwood, Shirley Manson, Charlotte Gainsbourg, and Alex Turner, are far more interesting song writers.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:51 am

I quite like Sergio Pizzorno as a songwriter. Velociraptor! is a brilliant album, and while Let's Roll Just Like We Used To actually sounds like a Bond theme, I'm quite taken with Acid Turkish Bath (Shelter from the Storm):

Ian Astbury, too; Burn My Shadow on UNKLE's War Stories is utterly brilliant (though I'm not sure he wrote it):

That said, I don't see why SKYFALL's theme absolutely has to be written by a Briton. Sure, it's a British production featuring British characters, but Britain doesn't have a monopoly on songwriting talent. For example, I think Josh Homme is one of the best songwriters in the world today:

(And althought you can't tell from this track, that's John Paul Jones on the electric mandolin and Dave Grohl on drums.)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:05 am

Josh Homme's a fine songwriter, but I don't think he's ever lived up to the debut QOTSA album, which kept alive some of the spirit of Kyuss . Everything since has been hit and miss.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:26 am

Everything since has been very conceptual, though. Songs for the Deaf is inspired by the pirate radio transmissions the band used to pick up on the way to gigs in their early days. Lullabies to Paralyze is a dark and sexy riff on fairytales. Era Vulgaris is a jab at the clean and polished pop radio Homme was hearing on his daily commute in Los Angeles (Sick, Sick, Sick is basically the subtext of every boy band song ever written). And Them Crooked Vultures is the one occasion I can name where a band has a) promised that "every song sounds like it's by a different band", and b) actually made good on it.

Incubus' Brandon Boyd couls be another good choice. The band lost it after S.C.I.E.N.C.E., but they produced this brilliant piece on If Not Now, When?, which was one of only three decent songs - In the Company of Wolves.

But I think he might need a songwriting partner.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: d   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Never heard of this Gallagher, but he sounds like a real jerk-off.

Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune Perez
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Never heard of Oasis, Khan?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:49 pm

No. But I've heard of Midnight at the Oasis. Perhaps Maria Muldauer is available.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Sharky wrote:
Sarah Blackwood ... Charlotte Gainsbourg

Charming warblers, certainly, but they ain't songwriters. Gallagher would be a step backwards. Roxy should have got the gig, but their time is past, which is a shame: they combined Bond Classic's qualities of elegance, power and class.

For Nu Bond Craig I think Necro would be most appropriate:

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Sarah Blackwood ... Charlotte Gainsbourg

Charming warblers, certainly, but they ain't songwriters.

I know I'm wrong on Gaisnbourg, but didn't Blackwood write some of her songs for Client? Either way, I was probably thinking more of Dubstar.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:11 pm

Sharky wrote:
didn't Blackwood write some of her songs for Client? Either way, I was probably thinking more of Dubstar.

Possibly - I didn't really rate Brestwerk. Liked them well enough, but wouldn't let them into the house, if you get my drift.

But yeah, main songwriter in Dubstar (whatever happened to their reformation?) is Steve Hillier and he is very underrated. When you listen to the lyrics in 'The Day I See You Again' it's hard to believe they weren't written by a woman:

Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune Perez

You've never heard of a band called Oasis....?? :shock:
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:16 pm

They're are no Oases in Texas.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:41 pm

And we aim to keep it thataway.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:24 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

he is, but then being a jerk off has never stopped anyone from writing a good song

IMO it's certainly not beyond him, particularly if he collaborates with someone like the chemical bros
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune Drax1

Well...if he can get the Chemical Brothers...!
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Only thing Noel Gallagher should have been writing songs for is that recent Roger Michell flick.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:00 pm

This is the song he wants to use for SKYFALL:

Absolute sh**e. Simply riffing around the 3 note chromatic vamp of the Bond theme in a 12/8 groove does not a good song make.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Yeah, that's pretty terrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune   Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune Empty

Back to top Go down

Noel Gallagher to write new James Bond theme tune
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next