More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie you Watched?

Go down 
+37
bitchcraft
Mr. Trevelyan
MBalje
FG Wells
Prince Kamal Khan
bondfan06
Jack Wade
Vesper
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fae
Santa
Salomé
saint mark
Hilly
Ravenstone
Drax
Manhunter
Tubes
Gravity's Silhouette
G section
FourDot
lachesis
Control
Largo's Shark
HJackson
tiffanywint
Louis Armstrong
The White Tuxedo
Blunt Instrument
j7wild
colly
Makeshift Python
Fairbairn-Sykes
GeneralGogol
Harmsway
Loomis
Seve
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:53 am

I've wondered, is this a snippit of MI music played over and over, or is it original to this video?

I didn't know if the music was added for the YouTube video.

KSW.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:48 am

HARRY BROWN

I loved this movie, and one of the things I loved most about it (other than Michael Caine), was it has one of the most realistic depictions of this kind of low level street criminal I've ever seen. They are disgusting, stupid, drug addicted, idiots, to a man. I'm an addictions counselor, I know. But yeah, great film.

But why is the typeface for the credits so frakkin' small?
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I've wondered, is this a snippit of MI music played over and over, or is it original to this video?

I didn't know if the music was added for the YouTube video.

KSW.

Isn't it part of that that Limp Biscuit M:I theme that supplemented M:I 2?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:05 am

Yeah, it's Wes Borland's guitar work slightly tinkered with and looped.

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Yeah, it's just that looped and pitch shifted up by about 7.8 Hz.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 5:38 pm

In the Cheers pilot episode the great question 'what is the sweatiest film?' was posed by that man of intellect, Norm Peterson. Comrade Clavin suggests Body Heat and thus indeed a sweaty, hot and often classy film. Classy perhaps because of the John Barry score itself at times more part of the film than Wiliam Hurt. Probably catch hell but Hurt I'm indifferent to. Maybe that's his style or maybe the tache hinders. Good to see Ted Danson pre-Cheers (not by much)...and Kathleen Turner was yowser. "Gosh, lumme, what a pair of...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:16 am

Mission Impossible : Ghost Protocol ... hmmm. Sure, the plot/story were serviceable (pretty much agree with what's been said already about the 'weakness' of the bad guy, though), the action and stunts are well-done, the gadgetry is fun, there's a few laughs and Paula Patton is gorgeous ... but I dunno, I'm not sure how well it all 'hung together' as a FILM as such. Maybe it's appropriate that a movie based on a TV series felt episodic?

The annoyingly noisy teens in the cinema admittedly didn't do much for my concentration on/ability to 'relax into' the film. I probably need to see it again.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Alfred Hitchcock's Saboteur (1942)

4.5/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035279/

a little known Hitchcock's thriller

Taunt and Suspenseful and well paced - it's been said that Lucas based Raiders of the Lost Ark on this film
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:03 am

Coogan's Bluff (1968)

Entertaining. Sorta like John Wayne meets Flower Power and the beginning of political correctness. I didn't know Lee J. Cobb was going to be in this, so it a nice surprise. Cool to see James Edwards. Seems he died 44 years ago today, at least in my part of the world. And it even has Seymour Cassel.

Loved the Pan-Am building stuff.

I was happy to see Lalo doing the music. It's a decent Schifrin score, if not one of his greatest.

I still would love to see a boxset of Schifrin's scores. A number of them seem to only have 15-20 minutes of material, so bunching them together would be great.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:32 am

Two Mules for Sister Sara (1970)

I loved this movie! I quite liked the whole thing, but I especially thought the first act or so was really great. Eastwood as a mercenary and Shirley MacLaine as a kooky hooker/nun fighting the French in Mexico. These two get on very well.

Love the score from Ennio.

Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:23 am

Trust (2010)

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 E02af5168091609

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1529572/

this movie had a good premise: teenage girl meets an online predator and is raped by him and how will her and everyone in her life deal with it?

But the whole movie falls apart due to poorly written characters (Clive Owen and Catherine Keener, go through the motion of the predictable parents) and it's filled with every predictable cliche possible including the cookie cutter FBI agents incompetently trying to catch the rapist.

David Schwimmer (Ross of Friends) tried to make an intelligent movie with a socially redeeming message but he fails at it;

The only person in the entire cast that took his/her character seriously and gave it 110% is 16 year old Liana Liberato (15 at the time she made this film) as the teenage girl who was raped.

The final result is a movie that just dragged on and dragged on and it would had played out better on Lifetime or A&E or even ABC Family as the Movie of the Week.

You will be more entertained if you watched Hard Candy (2005) with Ellen Page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/, an acclaimed film with a similar plot, than this borefest!!

My advice to David Schwimmer, stop directing and stick to playing whiny characters like Ross Geller and Melman of Madagascar!!

It's the only roles you are good at: whiny and cry baby!!

I rate this movie 1.25/5!!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:27 pm

j7wild wrote:
this movie had a good premise: teenage girl meets an online predator and is raped by him
That does sound like a good premise.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Another classic j7wild quote. laugh
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:14 pm

laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:33 pm

http://www.childstarlets.com/
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Cavalcanti's Nicholas Nickleby (1947). Just couldn't get into it, seemed to plod and drag with not much going on beyond Bernard Miles' usual schtick. Good to see, as always, Stanley Holloway in action. Humbug indeed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:08 am

j7wild wrote:
this movie had a good premise: teenage girl meets an online predator

Nothing remotely original about that premise though... it happens to Fae on here every day. ;)
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:13 am

Jack Wade wrote:
j7wild wrote:
this movie had a good premise: teenage girl meets an online predator and is raped by him
That does sound like a good premise.

Sharky wrote:
Another classic j7wild quote. laugh

just giving my Honest To Goodness review
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 2:01 am

Lazenby. wrote:
j7wild wrote:
this movie had a good premise: teenage girl meets an online predator

Nothing remotely original about that premise though... it happens to Fae on here every day. ;)
I'm yet to be raped though.

Hope I'm not.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:10 am

Hilly wrote:
In the Cheers pilot episode the great question 'what is the sweatiest film?' was posed by that man of intellect, Norm Peterson.

Marilyn Chambers was real sweaty in the last scene of Insatiable

laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:17 am

Mutiny on the Bounty (1935)

Just a great movie, pure Old Hollywood filmmaking that I think is still impressive in terms of scale. Gable and Laughton make a great team.

Best Picture count is now 56/83.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:30 am

Cameraman: The Life and Work of Jack Cardiff

Insightful documentary covering the career of one of cinema's finest. I want to read his biography; looks like it's pretty expensive, though.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:44 am

I just watched that as well on TCM.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
Cameraman: The Life and Work of Jack Cardiff

Insightful documentary covering the career of one of cinema's finest. I want to read his biography; looks like it's pretty expensive, though.

Shame it overlooks his work as director. Some terrific stuff there, like DARK OF THE SUN.

Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Watched the 1998 restored cut of TOUCH OF EVIL last night, in 1.37. 1.85 is still clearly correct - it's what Welles and Metty were told to work with, and the compositions are obviously protected for it - but I think I personally prefer the 1.37. The tight shots remain tight enough, and a lot of the low angle shots work better in Academy. Hope Masters of Cinema get their hands on some of the Sirk films from this period, especially MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION (some of the open matte caps from the French disc look sweet).

Also watched the theatrical cut this morning, also in 1.37, without and then with the excellent F. X. Feeney commentary from the old Universal package. The pacing is tighter which I like, but it misses too much material and works a little less well. Grandi being brought to Sanchez' apartment without exposition actually seems quite neat, and is established nicely with that shot of Vargas on the blind woman's phone, but it's just too jarring. Quinlan's last line simply doesn't work without Menzies' story about the origin of Quinlan's bad leg. The cross cutting between the scene of the explosion and Susan's encounter with Pancho works much better in 1998. The one thing I do like is the fact that the motel's ownership doesn't become apparent until it needs to be.

Great package overall, very deserving of DVDBeaver's Blu-Ray of the Year. May check out the Preview version soon, and the other commentary tracks (although Rosenbaum and Naremore don't sound quite as good as Feeney). TOUCH OF EVIL ties with THE MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS for Welles' best, in my opinion. I can only hope that THE MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS gets as good an HD release soon.

Oh, I also caught WHO'S MINDING THE STORE on TCM. I enjoyed it back when I watched it on YouTube, but I loved it this time. Tashlin is one of my favourite film makers, I think. Nobody has done live action cartoons as well as him (although Lewis comes very close, and supplements his own films with other admirable qualities).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie you Watched?
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next