More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Middle East politics thread

Go down 
+3
bitchcraft
saint mark
Gravity's Silhouette
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Middle East politics thread Empty
PostSubject: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:39 pm

7 killed in Afghan protests over Quran burning

http://news.yahoo.com/7-killed-afghan-protests-over-quran-burning-141635225.html

--------------------------------------

Seriously, not trying to be funny here...I just don't get the mindset of these people. Regardless of whether the burning of The Quran was intentional or not, who gets themselves all worked up to the point of killing someone simply because a book got burned? I didn't kill anyone or hit anyone when Marilyn Manson put copies of The Bible in a tree shredder on stage during one of his performances. These people are absolute savages...animals....You can't even say that the Muslim faith has been "hijacked" anymore because there's no way that whole populations of Muslims that feel this way are the outliers....the extremists. Maybe it's the so-called moderate Muslims that are the anomaly, because I just don't see any way that an "extreme minority" of people have been able to "hijack" a religion if there wasn't some sympathy within the broader culture.

Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 pm

We know they react not really well when you burn their holy book, so in that sense it was a wee bit careless to burn them.

And teh demonstration was to be expected, they take any reason that makes the Allied forces in their area of the world look like sh&t and make a big deal out of it. Any deaths will me martyrs for the cause against the Western "threat" to their way of life.
These folks with the religious fervour remind me more of a medieval world with far more nasty weapons. I worked with refugees from these countries and I found quite a few of the folks there has little education and the education given is drenched in religious flavor. Most people have no real idea about the rest of the world. They accept what their available media gives them. And that is often a less than possitive image of the West.

I worry as well about the outburst of sudden "christian values" that suddenly become more vocal these last years as a response to the Islam.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Right now Iran is kicking a fuss about the looming oil embargo set upon it by the EU.
Iranians hang convicted gays in the streets. If you're gay and caught in a compromising position with another man, it's punishable by death. The irony is, when you're in jail, and a teenaged boy, the guards rape you but that sodomy is perfectly legal.

Middle East politics thread 6a00d8341c60bf53ef011570b3b0b5970b-500wi

If you're a female, you get stoned to death for trumped up adultery charges or because you did something unacceptable, like show your wrist in public.

And if I show my ass in Iran, there are rules on how to beat your wife.

Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of Iran :roll:
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:12 am

the US Apologized to the MUSLIMS

are they going to apologize for 9/11, the London and Spain bombings, the U.S.S. Cole, the Iran Embassy Hostages, and all the times they blew up innocent people around the world because ALLAH WILL it and all the times they burned the American Flag or any FLAG of any country?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:35 am

Its only going to get worse over there. The "Arab Spring" uprisings that western idiots were so gleeful over, will just result in more oppressive Islamist dictatorships taking over.

Somehow I suspect Israel (with U.S. backing) might launch a full out schock- and-awe aerial assault on Iran before Akminajackoff finishes building his bomb..... that is,if they can't manage to car-bomb all the Iranian scientists they need to.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:50 am

it's not just IRAN, many of those Arab countries have stone age backward laws
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:02 am

j7wild wrote:

But Iran is building a bomb :cherry: , or is it nuclear reactors for peaceful clean energy purposes. They maybe don't like the carbon footprint that all that dirty oil they have makes.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:27 am

j7wild wrote:

And they can choose to live in the stone age, if they want. God bless 'em. You can't save the fucking world.

I just hope America doesn't stick its nose into that mess. We can't afford it, and we just left that rock. Let Israel handle it themselves.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Right now Iran is kicking a fuss about the looming oil embargo set upon it by the EU.
Iranians hang convicted gays in the streets. If you're gay and caught in a compromising position with another man, it's punishable by death. The irony is, when you're in jail, and a teenaged boy, the guards rape you but that sodomy is perfectly legal.

Middle East politics thread 6a00d8341c60bf53ef011570b3b0b5970b-500wi

If you're a female, you get stoned to death for trumped up adultery charges or because you did something unacceptable, like show your wrist in public.

And if I show my ass in Iran, there are rules on how to beat your wife.

Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of Iran :roll:

I find it amusing that Saudi-Arabia - where women and guys have it possibly even worse - somehow gets a free pass from the West...
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:14 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
j7wild wrote:

But Iran is building a bomb :cherry: , or is it nuclear reactors for peaceful clean energy purposes. They maybe don't like the carbon footprint that all that dirty oil they have makes.

Pakistan has nuclear capability and they are an Islamic state.

And then there are some former Soviet states that are now more Islamic than before and they could have nuclear weapons.

I guess it is a bit late worrying about nuclear capability it is more the matter now what will they do with it?

The answer on that scares me a mite more than I care to admit.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:37 pm

saint mark wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
j7wild wrote:

And then there are some former Soviet states that are now more Islamic than before and they could have nuclear weapons.

I guess it is a bit late worrying about nuclear capability it is more the matter now what will they do with it?

if someone was to use one of these nuclear weapons for terrorism attack and you happen to be in and around ground zero, you won't even know it.

it will be painless I think.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:15 pm

j7wild wrote:
saint mark wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
j7wild wrote:

if someone was to use one of these nuclear weapons for terrorism attack and you happen to be in and around ground zero, you won't even know it.

it will be painless I think.

Painless or not, I do have a strong preferance of not getting caught in a ground zero situation.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:30 pm

saint mark wrote:

Well, that's exactly it. Iran is a uniquely dangerous situation.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:46 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
saint mark wrote:

Well, that's exactly it. Iran is a uniquely dangerous situation.

I find that a strange statement, Iran does not as of yet have any nuclear weapon. But because they have a strong dislike of the Western society they are dangerous. I am far more worried about Pakistan or any of the former Soviet Islamatic republics that might have such a weapon and make little noise untill they strike.
Iran has a few friends left any military action would leave them with less friends. They are relative insulated in the middle east, but not crazy as to invite a war with the west simply because their neighbours wouldn't mind them getting a serious kicking.

Iran is like a scary dog that is considered scary because it makes so much noise. I wonder if there is still some anger aimed at Iran because of the occupation of the US embassy so many years ago?-

As it is I find the middle east to unstable currently for yet another war by the west on an Islamic country. That would be oil on the fire of extreme Islamic militants.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 pm

saint mark wrote:
They are relative insulated in the middle east, but not crazy as to invite a war with the west simply because their neighbours wouldn't mind them getting a serious kicking.

But you forget, the regime IS crazy like a suicide bomber. The regime is commited to the destruction of Israel.

Islamists are also commited to killing Americans, Jews and Christians the world over.Martydrom for such a cause is their highest calling. Guantanamo is full of such wackos who will look you straight in the eye and tell you just that.

Our own little Canadian media darling Omar Khadr ( the so-called child soldier) is one of them. Can't wait till we get him back.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:28 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
saint mark wrote:
They are relative insulated in the middle east, but not crazy as to invite a war with the west simply because their neighbours wouldn't mind them getting a serious kicking.

But you forget, the regime IS crazy like a suicide bomber. The regime is commited to the destruction of Israel.

So they say. What actions have they really aimed at such a goal. They know for a fact that Israel has a nuclear arsenal, an attack would be totaly suicidal and gain them absolutely nothing. They are crazy but not stupid enough to start something they cannot win. That does not mean I fully agree with what this goverment and their religious foundation stands for, It is actually something I truly detest.

Islamists are also commited to killing Americans, Jews and Christians the world over.Martydrom for such a cause is their highest calling. Guantanamo is full of such wackos who will look you straight in the eye and tell you just that.

Guantanamo Bay is supposed to be full of such wacko's, as they have never really been tried for a court we have to believe the goverment that has all the prove so that they can safely go to court to get these guys locked up.
Yes there are plenty of whacko's of the religious persuasion that do not mind killing people in the name of religion. There have always been folks like that in the human history. And currently it seems that there are quite a few generations of Muslims that have grown up with what they consider Western agression and feel that they have been terrorised in their religious believes. That said I dislike all fanatics from any religion.

Our own little Canadian media darling Omar Khadr ( the so-called child soldier) is one of them. Can't wait till we get him back.

Why do you want him back???
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:53 pm

saint mark wrote:

Why do you want him back???
I dont' actually. He's better off incarcerated indefinitely in Guantanamo.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:00 am

Salomé wrote:
I find it amusing that Saudi-Arabia - where women and guys have it possibly even worse - somehow gets a free pass from the West...

Oil is never free.

Easy to be sanctimonious in the public sector, hey, Ops?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

Oil is never free.

Easy to be sanctimonious in the public sector, hey, Ops?

I'm the opposite of sanctimonious. I perceive all misogynist regimes the same.

Your second point is becoming a bit tedious. The day my job becomes obsolete, I will just look for new employment in the private sector.
But you seem to suggest I should preemptively quit my job, only for someone else to fill the void?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:43 pm

I am sure many of these trapped Syrians have one time or another cried death to America! death to the West!

Or participated in Terrorist activities.

Now they want our help!!

http://news.yahoo.com/women-children-evacuated-homs-icrc-001813984.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Salomé wrote:
I perceive all misogynist regimes the same.

I'm all for self-interest, Oppers, but first may I suggest we nuke the countries we don't depend on for our heating? It's cold in Wales.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
I perceive all misogynist regimes the same.

I'm all for self-interest, Oppers, but first may I suggest we nuke the countries we don't depend on for our heating? It's cold in Wales.

I honestly don't care which country they do or don't turn into a glass plate.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Then may I share your bunker? I'm fully house trained.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Okay, but you'll remain chained to the bed at all times.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:16 pm

That sounds reasonable, Ops, but you'll have to get the key to my chastity belt from Santa. She keeps me on a very tight leash. :|
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle East politics thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next