More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Middle East politics thread

Go down 
+3
bitchcraft
saint mark
Gravity's Silhouette
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Middle East politics thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:38 pm

how did the apology work for you, Obama?

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-ministry-worker-suspected-killing-u-officers-123424564.html

I wish Reagan was still President!

He didn't put up with anything!

Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:15 pm

j7wild wrote:

Me too, but at least we got the max full two terms out of him. He should have been cloned and allowed to run in perpetuity, two terms at a time, for each clone of course.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
j7wild wrote:

Me too, but at least we got the max full two terms out of him. He should have been cloned and allowed to run in perpetuity, two terms at a time, for each clone of course.

Ah...the Reagan years, when Duran Duran was in its prime too...

Sorry, couldn't resist....
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:10 pm

j7wild wrote:
how did the apology work for you, Obama?

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-ministry-worker-suspected-killing-u-officers-123424564.html

He didn't put up with anything!

Limbaugh: Maybe It’s Time To Bring Our Troops Home And Say The Hell With Afghanistan

http://www.mediaite.com/online/limbaugh-maybe-it%E2%80%99s-time-to-bring-our-troops-home-and-say-the-hell-with-afghanistan/

When you've lost Limbaugh you know the war is truly over.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:34 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Reagan was a big Duran Duran fan wasn't he? Limbaugh too. Being an ex-actor Reagan might have related to Girls on Film.

Quote :
When you've lost Limbaugh you know the war is truly over.
Yep, if Rush says bring them home, it must be time. Wonder what Simon Le Bon thinks?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:14 am

Interesting read but I doubt this will happen.

It would be nice for everyone in the West if it does.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2012/02/chris-cook-the-oil-end-game.html
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
j7wild wrote:

I remember back in 1985 when Duran Duran was performing at LIVE AID. The next day some critics complained that lyrics such as "dance into the fire" were insensitive for a concert meant to raise awareness of people starving in Africa. Honestly, I don't think the people who were dying from starvation and were too weak to shoo away the flies buzzing around them even heard the concert being performed, and I think that at that point they probably wanted a sandwich to eat more than a rebuke from some politically correct do-gooder.

27 years later people are still starving to death in Africa. These people still can't feed themselves or build a society that doesn't implode into civil war. And Bono is trying to get people to buy stuff from his Red campaign so that he can stop AIDS from spreading, but I think people have started to catch on and aren't as willing to part with their money this go-round.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Some of the best-paid people I know work for charities, it's a global industry that pays no taxes. Must feel good to have someone else's cake and eat it.

As for Live Aid, the main beneficiaries were the bands who watched their record sales rocket afterwards. Fortunately for them, there will always be gormless cretins such as St George with their brain-dead 'end poverty now' slogans.

Feed the world? Pop will eat itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle East politics thread   Middle East politics thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle East politics thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2