More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

American politics and news thread 2.0

Go down 
+20
Salomé
Prisoner Monkeys
GeneralGogol
tiffanywint
HJackson
saint mark
Tubes
Lazenby.
Loomis
Prince Kamal Khan
Drax
Largo's Shark
Hilly
Control
Makeshift Python
CJB
Blunt Instrument
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
The White Tuxedo
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

American politics and news thread 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 am

American politics and news thread 1.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
Python wrote:
She has a point, why is it inappropriate?

Everything about it goes against Mormom beliefs and teachings. I mean, why exactly would anyone expect them to embrace it, air it, laugh at it, enjoy it?

Who cares? They can just switch the channel. Not everyone in the Salt Lake City area is a Mormon or is against homosexuality. I don't agree with Pat Robertson or The 700 Club, but I don't demand it be taken off the air so that nobody can watch it just because of what I think.

Well, KSL cares, and that's why they're not airing it. A local affiliate is going to pick up the show, but honestly, the controversy can only do this show some good and give it some much needed publicity, because it looks bad and is likely to get cancelled quickly.

The way to show gay people being normal and raising families is to show gay people being normal and raising families, NOT drawing attention to them as being a gay family. The problem with Hollywood is that they know no subtlety. They don't know how to make such a program without using the sledgehammer of tolerance to beat people over the head with. Not to mention the lazy writing with lines such as "I figure love is love". Wow! So insightful!

Watched the trailer. Looks awful and annoying, but I wouldn't call it offensive. I can't stand NBC, it's programming, or it's late night shows. I can't stand it's "bright and happy" style where everything and everyone is overlit to the point of looking like plastic.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:48 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Python wrote:
She has a point, why is it inappropriate?

Everything about it goes against Mormom beliefs and teachings. I mean, why exactly would anyone expect them to embrace it, air it, laugh at it, enjoy it?

Who cares? They can just switch the channel. Not everyone in the Salt Lake City area is a Mormon or is against homosexuality. I don't agree with Pat Robertson or The 700 Club, but I don't demand it be taken off the air so that nobody can watch it just because of what I think.
This. Nobody is forcing people in Utah to watch it. Instead, the station just comes off as homophobic, but I doubt they care.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Interesting piece for those who accuse The New York Times of being incessantly liberal:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/26/international/middleeast/26FTE_NOTE.html?pagewanted=all

On the other hand, look at this Fox News nutjob try to politicize Neil Armstrong's death with some bizarre, racist shit about Obama and Muslims:

http://www.thedailydolt.com/2012/08/25/fox-news-analyst-monica-crowley-finds-way-to-politicize-neil-armstrongs-death/
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

On the other hand, look at this Fox News nutjob try to politicize Neil Armstrong's death with some bizarre, racist shit about Obama and Muslims:

http://www.thedailydolt.com/2012/08/25/fox-news-analyst-monica-crowley-finds-way-to-politicize-neil-armstrongs-death/

She should have let Neil Armstrong be remembered for his life. It's unfortunate that she's politicizing everything in the exact same way liberals do. However, what she said is absolutely not "racist" or even "bizarre". It's exactly what NASA said:

"A few days ago, in Cairo, Bolden told Al Jazeera that when he became the NASA administrator, President Obama charged him with three things: "One, he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science and engineering — science, math and engineering.""

And liberals wonder why so many people continue to think that Obama is secretly a Muslim.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2010/07/white-house-nasa-defend-comments-about-nasa-outreach-to-muslim-world-criticized-by-conservatives/
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Interesting piece for those who accuse The New York Times of being incessantly liberal:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/26/international/middleeast/26FTE_NOTE.html?pagewanted=all

I think you meant to link to the latest NY TImes editorial, where the out-going editor admits they are a liberal publication:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/departing-nyt-public-editor-progressive-worldview-bleeds-through-the-fabric-of-the-times/
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

She should have let Neil Armstrong be remembered for his life. It's unfortunate that she's politicizing everything in the exact same way liberals do. However, what she said is absolutely not "racist" or even "bizarre". It's exactly what NASA said:

"A few days ago, in Cairo, Bolden told Al Jazeera that when he became the NASA administrator, President Obama charged him with three things: "One, he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science and engineering — science, math and engineering.""

And liberals wonder why so many people continue to think that Obama is secretly a Muslim.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2010/07/white-house-nasa-defend-comments-about-nasa-outreach-to-muslim-world-criticized-by-conservatives/
If Obama wanted to find a way to reach out to Buddhists, would people think he was secretly Buddhist?

And who cares if Obama wants NASA to reach out to different cultures? We've sent people of different nationalities into space in our space shuttles before.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:21 am

Fox News viewers are probably up in arms over this:

American politics and news thread 2.0 A1QYmuCCEAANd1T
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:23 am

laugh

Maybe he's thinking that if he's out of a job later in the year, he's gonna go out with a bang. Literally.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:43 pm

If Obama can't keep up, I know someone who can come through in a flash.

American politics and news thread 2.0 057
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

If Obama wanted to find a way to reach out to Buddhists, would people think he was secretly Buddhist?

And who cares if Obama wants NASA to reach out to different cultures? We've sent people of different nationalities into space in our space shuttles before.

Well, Obama didn't attend an all-Buddhist school when he was 10 like he did when he attended that all-Muslim school in Jakarta and his father wasn't an out-and-proud Buddhist, and Obama hasn't participated in militant Buddhist marches like he has with Muslims, so it's quite clear that the backstory that would lead people to suspect him being Buddhist isn't quite the same narrative as the Muslim backstory, which he most definitely has. In fact, I remember in an interview a few years ago he referenced his "Muslim faith" and the interviewer (presumably someone at MSNBC or CBS...can't remember who) had to correct him. I concede it's possible that it was an innocent slip of the tongue (although I've never heard of anyone forgetting what religion they are), but I also concede it's entirely possibly that he is very sympathetic to the modern-day Muslim cause, even if he's not an out-and-out Muslim himself.

Any which way you break it down, the goals of NASA should have nothing to do with reaching out to people's different religious beliefs. NASA has taken people from various countries on board shuttle missions, but never have they been picked because of which God they worshipped. It is a total perversion of NASA, and if George Bush's handpicked NASA administrator had made a statement saying that NASA should first and foremost be reaching out to Evangelical Christians in order to help them bolster their case that the universe and life in it was created and did not simply evolve, liberals would have an aneurysm.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how Monica Crowley's tweet (which referenced the exact words of Obama's NASA administrator) was "racist". Please, do tell.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:04 pm

I'm still waiting for you to explain how Monica Crowley's tweet (which referenced the exact words of Obama's NASA administrator) was "racist". Please, do tell.
It's more hyperbolic, xenophobic paranoia from the loonies on the far right. Just trying to spread fear to all of their sheep.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Making peace with Muslims is surely a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Must... destroy... everything.

Jack Wade wrote:

laugh
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
It's more hyperbolic, xenophobic paranoia from the loonies on the far right. Just trying to spread fear to all of their sheep.

That doesn't really answer the question, does it?. How was it racist? I'll give you hyperbolic and xenophobic, but where does racism come into this? Shirley you can't be saying that any criticism of the Obama administration, no matter what the criticism, is wacist?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Python wrote:

There can never be peace with the Muslims because Islam is, at its core, totally in opposition to everything that the United States stands for and believes in. This is what they want us to do:

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Dude, not all Muslims are terrorists.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Python wrote:
Dude, not all Muslims are terrorists.

Who said they were?
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:11 am

Python wrote:

There can never be peace with the Muslims because Islam is, at its core, totally in opposition to everything that the United States stands for and believes in. This is what they want us to do:

:roll:

You serious? Not all Muslims want us to die. Not even close.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:28 am

Still waiting for Jack Wade to explain how Monica Crowley's NASA tweet was "racist".
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Hall & Oates will not tolerate a Super PAC being named after them.

http://politicker.com/2012/08/hall-oates-got-rid-of-the-super-pac-that-was-named-for-them/
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Still waiting for Jack Wade to explain how Monica Crowley's NASA tweet was "racist".
I already explained myself. It's racist because she's shamelessly using someone's death to pander to the far right's fear of Muslims. (And no, it's not because it's any critique, it's because it's another baseless accusation about Obama being Muslim being used to stir up the hillbillies on the right who get riled up by that sort of thing.)

The bigger issue here is why you think it's appropriate to say all Muslims want us to die. Those Muslims who do think that are part of a small minority, and, frankly, it's a bit insulting to the majority of Muslims who are peace-loving and have to deal with those ignorant stereotypes on a daily basis.

If you were joking, well, do better. Post a clip from "Team America" or something instead.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
I already explained myself. It's racist because she's shamelessly using someone's death to pander to the far right's fear of Muslims.

Since there are white muslims, Asian muslims, latino muslims, how exactly is her tweet wacist? You could say it was "Islamaphobic", but nobody mentioned anything about race except you. And Obama is half-white and raised by white people (his black father having abandoned the family when Obama was a toddler). He acts white, he dresses like a white person, he speaks with "no discernible negro dialect"....which part of Obama was offended by Crowley's remarks? His black half, his white half, both or none at all?

Quote :
(And no, it's not because it's any critique, it's because it's another baseless accusation about Obama being Muslim being used to stir up the hillbillies on the right who get riled up by that sort of thing.)

I love how you fight discrimination and bigotry and stereotyping with a bit of your own. "Hillbillies" are good folks. They're country people. Simple...don't ask for much. They probably don't have access to the Internet and if they did they wouldn't be reading Monica Crowley. Truth is, I'm starting to believe that Obama is indeed a Muslim; he's certainly a Muslim-sympathizer, and it's precisely because of the over-reaction and the constant accusations of "Racist!" by your people that have gotten me to thinking maybe there is something to Obama being Muslim. He's definitely not Christian. No real Christian could have sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years and listened to that hateful bile get spewed and still claim to be Christian, and Obama only threw the Reverend under the bus when he became a political liability. Obama rarely goes to church and he never talks about Christ, but he's always so concerned about how Muslims in other countries feel about themselves and their 'historic contribution to science and math.'

Quote :

The bigger issue here is why you think it's appropriate to say all Muslims want us to die. Those Muslims who do think that are part of a small minority, and, frankly, it's a bit insulting to the majority of Muslims who are peace-loving and have to deal with those ignorant stereotypes on a daily basis.

You're not going to lay that "peace-loving Muslims" crap on me, are you? You see, I'm not so sure "those Muslims" are really part of "small minority". The ones who want to bring the world to its knees and destroy the Great Satan, yes, they may be a statistical minority, but "mainstream" Islam is fully at odds with Western society, there is no integration possible with them into Western society, and its resulting in a lot of the clashes between cultures that you see taking place in France, England and the United States. Please explain to me how a "small minority" of Muslims managed to hijack an entire religion and give it such a bad name? Mainstream Muslims have not done what the passengers on United Flight 93 did: fight back against their hijackers. So, please, spare me the sanctimonious babble.

Quote :
If you were joking, well, do better. Post a clip from "Team America" or something instead.

I was not joking. I was thinking more of Iran and Hezbollah and Afghanistan, etc...when I made the comment, but I still stand by it. As I said before, modern day Islam cannot function in western society without the western civilizations capitulating, which is why Sharia Law is already being discussed among legislators in different countries as a way to allow the Muslim people to police themselves, in essence separating themselves from the rest of society and creating a second-class citizenry.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:10 pm

For Wade.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

This. Nobody is forcing people in Utah to watch it. Instead, the station just comes off as homophobic, but I doubt they care.

Why should the local affiliate give Ellen Barkin a platform with which to spout her hateful rhetoric? Like this:

C’mon #Isaac! Wash every pro-life, anti-education, anti-woman, xenophobic, gay-bashing, racist SOB right into the ocean! #RNC

I"m not a Republican, but I am "pro-life" and I find her sentiment very destructive. It's one thing to be "pro-choice", but to slam people for wanting to protect innocent human life? She's basically called upon a hurricane to kill thousands of people she doesn't agree with. Another classy, illustrative, wonder example of the loving, caring, "tolerant" Left in this country.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/ellen-barkin/2012/08/28/ellen-barkin-hopes-hurricane-kills-every-pro-life-xenophobic-gay-bashing-sob-rnc#ixzz24rFitpV4
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:41 pm

The Muslims at the convenient store down the street must want me to die because they continue selling me cigarettes.

They're friendly about it, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

American politics and news thread 2.0
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next