More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Making a commitment; critical mass

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Salomé
GeneralGogol
Vesper
Chang
Fairbairn-Sykes
Louis Armstrong
lalala2004
Moore
CJB
colly
Tubes
Hilly
The White Tuxedo
Lazenby.
Makeshift Python
Control
Fort Knox
retrokitty
Jack Wade
Fae
Largo's Shark
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:41 am

I like it, Tux.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:44 am

Second that, looks like good lineup.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:45 am

I wanna get this stuff sorted out very quickly. I need food right now though, so it's hard to think. laugh Shall have to eat soon.

Anyway, I'm gonna try to finalize a layout. Because I'm like Stalin.

If I'm being too aggressive or assertive let me know.

I'll have you purged, but I'll appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:58 am

Jeebuz... the Generalissima of the Red Hippy Army leaves for a few hours and you guys start raging on Communism?

Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 128866254077856180

First of all... Mister Brown... if you are eating at 5 pm in NYC, you must be getting the senior discount... You should be eating after cocktails at a reasonable 8:30 pm.

Second... Yea, group the fan stuff together. I like to see it but won't wander into other sections. I try to get to fan fiction and posters and stuff but rarely get to the movies... so I'll notice threads like that more if they are together.

I like the system so far.

Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:44 am

I don't think there's enough fan content to warrant the separate fan sections.

On that note, I'm sure this has been said, but lets avoid the OVER-SECTIONING that Studio B did -- I mean, if I wanna open a thread on Hammer Horror movies in the Non-Bond Films section, fine -- but there doesn't need to be an empty ghost section on it already waiting for me. Frankly, we're a small bunch so our interests outside of Bond are likely to be diverse -- there only needs to be one Hammer Horror thread, not a whole section for the multitude of threads on it that won't open.

I think maintaining a Bond focus is essential because, well, it's a focus. Bond is the glue that holds us together. Would Ambler ever be friends/talk with me in real life? Doubt it. But we know each other because of James Bond and the internet. We're not a big enough group to be the catch all arts and culture thing Studio B tried for.

I'm sure these points have been raised already.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:53 am

In defense of Studio B., we still planned on doing a lot more tweaking before the plug was pulled. There was some good material being posted there, but not enough interest. Bond & Beyond has reappeared exactly at the right time.

The subforums were a problem there, though, simply because there were so many of them. Keeping it simple over here will probably be M's best bet.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:00 am

Yeah, and it was a different climate when Studio B was made and I think it was Brown's first crack at a forum. Just wasn't meant to be. I'm sure Brown learned a lot of things as a mod when running Studio B. You can think of it as a proto-Bond and Beyond.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:03 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
In defense of Studio B., we still planned on doing a lot more tweaking before the plug was pulled.

Oh, I totally agree. But, no offense, things got almost too "mature" (read: pretentious) too fast and I felt overwhelmed and in over my head. Also it didn't help that it was I believe at the time of the Trek boom and key people like Tux weren't there. But I thoroughly believe Studio B could've been greater and I would've stayed on if it hadn't been suddenly gone one day.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:10 am

Just another case where "sh*t happens".

But, as Python pointed out, I did learn a bit about what's behind-the-scenes on a forum. Ambler did, too, I think.

One thing I would like to ask, though, is about the stability of ForumMotion.com. If it's open source, like IPBFree was, there could be some room for concern. I just don't want to see this place going belly-up abruptly, ultimately leaving us all with no place to go.

It'd be a shame if people had to resort to getting used to nuMi6...
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:12 am

Mr. Brown wrote:

It'd be a shame if people had to resort to getting used to nuMi6...

Not gonna happen. I feel rooted here already, comfortable. Much more than I did at Studio B, where, despite my frustrations with the immaturity at MI6, I still kept a foot in the door. Now? I'm done. I can never go back.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:14 am

I wouldn't worry too much about Forumotion, TBH. IIRC, M once mentioned something about a footy site on Forumotion which had been there for years.

Anyhow.... If we can have a final layout list stuck here in the next few hours, then it should be implemented later on, as I've left an e-mail with admin to check out this thread.

I need to go get my ass off to sleep. :sleep:

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:31 am

Lazenby. wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about Forumotion, TBH. IIRC, M once mentioned something about a footy site on Forumotion which had been there for years.

Anyhow.... If we can have a final layout list stuck here in the next few hours, then it should be implemented later on, as I've left an e-mail with admin to check out this thread.

I need to go get my ass off to sleep. :sleep:

There is a layout thread! :)
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:33 am

But here is what I put together.

Welcome to Bond and Beyond
-New Member? Introduce Yourself Here.
-Enquiries

Latest News
-Bond 23 News
-Bond News in General
-Bond Screenings & Events News

The World of James Bond
-The James Bond Films: Dr. No - Quantum of Solace
-Bond 23 and Beyond
-Bond Music
-Bond Cast & Crew
-Literary Bond
-Bond Video Games
-Bond Home Video/Collectables/Merchandise

Fanzone
-Fan Media - Art/Audio/Video
-Fan Fiction
-Polls and Surveys

General Discussion
-General Discussion
-News & Current Events
-The Stainless Steel Delicatessen
-Film (Non-Bond)
-----The Multiplex
-Television
-Music (Non-Bond)

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:37 am

I like it, but perhaps Actor & Actresses and Directors & Crew could be merged into one? I'm starting to think with our current numbers we should have things a bit condensed. At least that's how I'm starting to look at it.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:42 am

No bar and no tits? Can't we have a Titty Tiki Bar to house the after-hours crowd?

Maybe just have and after-hours section to house the bar and Baker Street stuff.

And I don't mean uncovered boobs but I loved ambly's thread on the salute to breasts at the old place.

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:43 am

retrokitty wrote:
No bar and no tits? Can't we have a Titty Tiki Bar to house the after-hours crowd?

Maybe just have and after-hours section to house the bar and Baker Street stuff.

And I don't mean uncovered boobs but I loved ambly's thread on the salute to breasts at the old place.

This sounds fun. I'll bring the cheap liquor and cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
Chang
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chang

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:44 am

A T&A section is a must.
Preferably with suitable images to boot.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:46 am

Chang wrote:
A T&A section is a must.
Preferably with suitable images to boot.

Well, we did once know this bloke called j7wild...
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:53 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I like it, but perhaps Actor & Actresses and Directors & Crew could be merged into one? I'm starting to think with our current numbers we should have things a bit condensed. At least that's how I'm starting to look at it.

I'd thought about it, and I'll put edit the list.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:56 am

Insufficient mass in this place, I think. People either need to post more or we need more members.

Both would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:18 am

More members. We have the braintrust, now we need the plebs. Open the flood gates.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:05 pm

I think a 'quick reply' function on the bottom of the page (like with Cb.n) could help increase the post quotient. As of now, the format does help thinking before you post, but it also kills intuitive improvisation, the secret of genius.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:45 pm

I've activated the quick reply feature, it should be directly underneath this post as you read it. I've been looking into other suggestions and trust me if they can at all be implemented then they will be.

Regarding new members, the gates are actually open right now and have been for the past week. The forums may have to go a lot more public to bring in new members. I've no problem with this if anyone wants to place links on other forums, maybe the most popular cinema or James Bond places on Facebook or film magazine forums. This is all fine by me as long as somebody can send me a PM as soon as an unwanted member shows up, then I can simply have their account deleted immediately.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Oh, I was wondering why the reply box was now on the bottom of the page. I had a minor freak-out (I'm one of those "oh no, change!" people).
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Oh, I was wondering why the reply box was now on the bottom of the page. I had a minor freak-out (I'm one of those "oh no, change!" people).

If any changes meet with too many "oh no's", then they can always be changed back. We'll just see how some things work, and if they don't then they can always be switched back.

Also, the forums are now completely viewable without having to log in or register. Again, this can always be switched back if it causes problems. The only section I've restricted to "Members Only" is the late night bar. Perhaps this "Forbidden Fruit" section can be used as an incentive to get people to register rather than just browse. But either way, it's a section which is probably prone to a few potentially risque posts or images, so to cover our backsides a bit I'll keep that section to "Members Only", at least for the time being.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Making a commitment; critical mass
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next