More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Bought?

Go down 
+49
Thunderpussy
Vesper
Agent OO7
Carruthers
Xenia93
Agent007391
General Yuskovich
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Big Boss
00Twelve
CJB
j7wild
hegottheboot
TedHeath
Santa
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
FourDot
lachesis
Manhunter
trevanian
saint mark
Harmsway
Lobelia Overhill
Louis Armstrong
Aston_Martini
tiffanywint
Blunt Instrument
Lazenby.
Tubes
Salomé
bondfan06
G section
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
MBalje
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Trevelyan
HJackson
Prince Kamal Khan
Hilly
colly
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:08 am

trevanian wrote:
At a place called GROCERY OUTLET, I found a copy of an EXORCIST box set; has both cuts of the first film, plus a side of extras, the second and third films, and then both versions of the fourth film.

All for ten bucks! Even though I already had EX 3, it seems a steal. Now I can see the Schraeder.

I saw a collection for 10 bucks that included THE NINTH CONFIGURATION.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:47 pm

The Stranger.

Orson Welles one not that John Cena nonsense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
trevanian wrote:
At a place called GROCERY OUTLET, I found a copy of an EXORCIST box set; has both cuts of the first film, plus a side of extras, the second and third films, and then both versions of the fourth film.

All for ten bucks! Even though I already had EX 3, it seems a steal. Now I can see the Schraeder.

I saw a collection for 10 bucks that included THE NINTH CONFIGURATION.

I've already got 9th, but that is pretty amazing too. Be nice if they offered a disc that had all the versions, I think the one I saw in theaters was about 117min, but there is a 90min and a 2h20m also, supposedly.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:50 am

Taking a break from being enthralled by 2001. Randomly checked Amazon.com for something and I jumped on this: http://www.amazon.com/America-Lost-Found-Criterion-Collection/dp/B003ZYU3SC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330915709&sr=8-1

The BBS Story boxset from Criterion. I have been eyeing this fucker since 2010 (to buy or not to buy), and 2012 is the year I make contact. I saw it for 66.88, which is about 50% the SRP if not on the nose. Fuck it, I jumped at it.

What I originally checking was the Alien Blu-ray prices. I'll probably pick up the first two when I can catch them at 9.99 or something. And I want to get the third as well. The fourth one I'm quite content with not buying, I've got the Quadrilogy DVD boxset anyway.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:17 pm

I got my BBS Story set today! And it was delivered by a really hot UPS girl. I should have offered her a package.

Anywho, I am excite.
Back to top Go down
TedHeath
Cipher Clerk
TedHeath

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Just bought The Untouchables on Blu-Ray.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:54 pm

TedHeath wrote:
Just bought The Untouchables on Blu-Ray.

Watched that only last night (on 'ordinary' DVD) ... cracking entertainment. :)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Close Encounters Collector's Edition for a nifty price.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 41J4N74mBeL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:41 pm

V: THE ORIGINAL MINISERIES for 5 bucks at Target. Ain't seen it.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:39 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

Hope you like it. It's one of those things where if you can suspend disbelief on some MAJOR issues, you'll love it. And if you can't, it'd probably be like Trek09, but tracked with a Bernard Herman NbNW knockoff score.

It amazes me just how well that miniseries suckered me in (when it was first run and ever since), given the aforementioned, but I've probably seen it a dozen times, and there is a 20min section in part 2 that I have watched (on VHS and DVD) at least 150 times, just cuz it all works so well and because there wasn't a soundtrack album available for a long long while (it is a Herman knockoff, yeah, but I actually like it better.)

You'll be able to tell which shots DreamQuest did vs other FX companies ... there are a number of amazing matte-line-free daylight effects shots that even have ship shadows moving on the ground ... but then there is the occasional shot where every ship has a LOGAN'S RUN sized matte line around it, which is obviously done by the other companies.

There's an okay commentary from writer/producer (who also did Bixby HULK series and the 2nd SHORT CIRCUIT movie), but what amazed me about it was he gave his email at the end of the commentary, encouraging feedback and questions.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:19 am

trevanian wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Hope you like it. It's one of those things where if you can suspend disbelief on some MAJOR issues, you'll love it. And if you can't, it'd probably be like Trek09, but tracked with a Bernard Herman NbNW knockoff score.

It amazes me just how well that miniseries suckered me in (when it was first run and ever since), given the aforementioned, but I've probably seen it a dozen times, and there is a 20min section in part 2 that I have watched (on VHS and DVD) at least 150 times, just cuz it all works so well and because there wasn't a soundtrack album available for a long long while (it is a Herman knockoff, yeah, but I actually like it better.)

You'll be able to tell which shots DreamQuest did vs other FX companies ... there are a number of amazing matte-line-free daylight effects shots that even have ship shadows moving on the ground ... but then there is the occasional shot where every ship has a LOGAN'S RUN sized matte line around it, which is obviously done by the other companies.

There's an okay commentary from writer/producer (who also did Bixby HULK series and the 2nd SHORT CIRCUIT movie), but what amazed me about it was he gave his email at the end of the commentary, encouraging feedback and questions.

A good friend of mine in LA hangs out at his place a lot. Liking the V score more than NBNW? :shock:
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:02 pm

I actually don't love NbNW as a movie either. I can't get over how badly the plane crashing into the truck is cut together, for one thing, but the jokey/adventure tone seems almost Moore-like.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Benny's fandangoing score gives it an edge, like many of his collaborations with Hitch. A for V the series and its music? Derivative rubbish.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Sharky wrote:
Benny's fandangoing score gives it an edge, like many of his collaborations with Hitch. A for V the series and its music? Derivative rubbish.

Most folks only seem to have love for Harnell's TV HULK theme, not his UA logo work or V, which may explain why it took so long for somebody (STARLOG RECORDS maybe? I saw the ad in a STARLOG issue, maybe 15 years back) to issue a V soundtrack, which I've never actually laid eyes on.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:11 am

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 887090026208

One of my favorites if not my all-time favorite Danny Kaye comedy. A fun WWII adventure with Kaye in a dual role, ably supported by Dana Wynter, Wilfred Hyde White, Margaret Rutherford and Britain's answer to Marilyn Monroe, Miss Diana Dors.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:59 am

trevanian wrote:
I actually don't love NbNW as a movie either. I can't get over how badly the plane crashing into the truck is cut together, for one thing, but the jokey/adventure tone seems almost Moore-like.

I like Hitch's comedic/romantic style.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 55dayspekingquad

Classic "Eastern" about the Boxer Rebellion of 1900.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Prince Kamal Khan wrote:

Saw that a few weeks ago. Has its moments. Helps to have Niv in a film though.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:40 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 41J4N74mBeL._SL500_AA300_

My EL DORADO DVD arrived today. It's got a lot of stuff on it. Two commentaries, one by Bogdanovich. If it only came with a young Michele Carey.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Hilly wrote:
Prince Kamal Khan wrote:

Saw that a few weeks ago. Has its moments. Helps to have Niv in a film though.

Indeed. It also has Bond vets Walter Gotell and Milton Reid.

I think the GF trailer had the same narrator:

Trivia note: I believe it was the last movie screened at the White House during the JFK administration.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 3401-1:

The sequel to the original True Grit where the Duke utters to Katie the classic line: "We value a spirited woman almost as we do a spirited horse."
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 pm

I sense this is going to be a tough month on my wallet. Trying to catch up with what I missed recently, and also picking up some Blus of stuff I've been wanting to see again and think will benefit from that beautiful 1080p.

Got my package from Eureka yesterday morning with ACCATTONE, THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO MATTHEW, and THE INSECT WOMAN. Already watched ACCATTONE and it is brilliant - both the film itself and the quality of MoC's disc. Still gotta order REPO MAN, TWO-LANE BLACKTOP, LE SILENCE DE LA MER, and PUNISHMENT PARK from them, all of which I'm excited about but can wait a little for.

Just laid down an order for SCARFACE, MANHUNTER (both for rewatches), and BEFORE THE REVOLUTION on Amazon too, so hopefully they should be with me shortly.

Other shit I wanna get: 50/50, DRIVE, THE TREE OF LIFE, THE CONFORMIST, Artificial Eye's Mizoguchi set, and BFI's Pasolini Blus. Gonna have to restrain myself from buying some of this.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:25 am

Alien Anthology (Blu)
Chinatown (Blu)

I have been debating about the Alien movies. I had planned to at least get the first two, but I threw in and got the whole set for 60. I'd planned to see them shortly before PROMETHEUS is released. I'll watch 'em soon instead, and maybe again after I've seen the new flick.

I took a look at my old DVD's and ALIENS looks like ass. The Blu seems to be a big leap. But these are flicks I like to watch once a year, so it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:24 pm

I bought the Ultimate Edition of FRWL for $6 last week, brand new.

I'll never buy another Bond box set again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Bought?
Page 19 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next