More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Bought?

Go down 
+49
Thunderpussy
Vesper
Agent OO7
Carruthers
Xenia93
Agent007391
General Yuskovich
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Big Boss
00Twelve
CJB
j7wild
hegottheboot
TedHeath
Santa
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
FourDot
lachesis
Manhunter
trevanian
saint mark
Harmsway
Lobelia Overhill
Louis Armstrong
Aston_Martini
tiffanywint
Blunt Instrument
Lazenby.
Tubes
Salomé
bondfan06
G section
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
MBalje
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Trevelyan
HJackson
Prince Kamal Khan
Hilly
colly
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 9:34 pm

c

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptySun May 06, 2018 1:50 pm

c

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 1:11 pm

The first season of Californication - like the first two seasons of Weeds - is a bit of a gem buried in a worse long series, I could never pin what didnt work for me in later seasons.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Vesper wrote:
The first season of Californication - like the first two seasons of Weeds - is a bit of a gem buried in a worse long series, I could never pin what didnt work for me in later seasons.

I liked the first two seasons of "Californication". After a while I did think it became quite repetitive, which might be the issue here.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 6:19 am

DVD:
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
The Foreigner
Silence
Our Kind of Traitor

BluRay:
Birdman
Atomic Blonde
Phantom Thread
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Bought quite a few since my last post:

Postcards From The Edge
Closer
Holiday Inn
Papillon
The Hunt for Red October
Say Anything
Grosse Pointe Blank
The Tailor of Panama
Gravity (blu)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (blu)
Mission: Impossible
Mission: Impossible II
Mission: Impossible III
Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 10:21 pm

Quite the foraging party, Fields. Red October is notable, Tailor of Panama (if only Brosnan's Bond had been like his character in Panama) and Holiday Inn is first rate.

I got cheap copes of The Warriors and Who Dares Wins (Lewis Collins). About as good as it gets.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Hilly KCMG wrote:
Tailor of Panama (if only Brosnan's Bond had been like his character in Panama).

I don't know. He's a c*nt (which would have worked well for Bond) if a little too talkative from memory.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 10:38 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Hilly KCMG wrote:
Tailor of Panama (if only Brosnan's Bond had been like his character in Panama).

I don't know. He's a c*nt (which would have worked well for Bond) if a little too talkative from memory.

Well, somewhere in the middle maybe. colgate
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 11:57 pm

Criterion Sale pick-ups last week (all Blu-ray):
Belle de Jour
Naked Lunch
The Piano Teacher
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 2:09 am

The two Warner Bros. triple feature DVD sets of Randolph Scott westerns, Olive's Invasion of the Body Snatchers reissue with new and previously unreleased extras, and Indicator's Night of the Demon limited release. The latter is easily the best disc release of the year. They're doing a cheaper version with everything still included. The release is region free and includes hours of stacked extras and FOUR cuts of the film!(Which is one of the greatest horror films ever made for the uninitiated.)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Adding to the collection:

Sea Of Love
Wolf
Against All Odds
Babel
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptySat May 08, 2021 10:13 pm

Today I got a great deal on a digital HD copy of Day of the Jackal from Google movies for the tiny
price of £2.99 , I'm watching it now colgate
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptySun May 09, 2021 2:51 pm

Lonsdale is excellent in that! First time watching it, TP?
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptySun May 09, 2021 3:26 pm

No, I've seen it a few times. I think Roger Moore said he was also up for the role, but they wanted an unknown actor for the Jackal
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 11:07 am

That's interesting, as Fox demonstrates qualities as the Jackal that had me wondering what sort of Bond he might have made.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 5:35 pm

Danish animation film TERNET NINJA 2. Not quite as good as the first, but good fun nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 11:26 pm

A couple weeks back, found a factory-sealed copy of THE LONGEST DAY blu-ray/dvd steelbook for a couple bucks at a secondhand shop. Unfortunately, the blu-ray doesn't do anything. There's no load failure or error message, there's just nothing that happens, even after letting it load for 10 minutes, and I even tried the STARSHIP TROOPERS trick, where you plug a flash drive in to 'help' it load (only found out about that after buying and returning four copies of the latter.)

More annoying, when I tried contacting Fox about this to get a replacement disk (since it is obviously a manufacturing error), they took no responsibility or interest at all, saying it was between me and where I bought it (not that they have anything to do with the manufacturing error either.)

Anyway, the dvd plays fine, but I'm still PO'd. I got a used Criterion DVD of QUADROPHENIA the same day for three bucks, plus a DVD of PASSENGER 57 for a buck, so it was a pretty good haul.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 8:08 pm

ANT-MAN 3: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
RENFIELD

and a couple unseen:
EVIL DEAD RISE
THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS
anyone seen any of these?
Back to top Go down
Safari Suit

Safari Suit

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 12:50 am

Fearless Vampire Killers is a great film but kind of forgotten on tv, haven't seen it in years
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 4:36 pm

Waiting for Bringing up Baby to arrive in the mail. Very funny old screwball comedy featuring Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 5:26 am

Hawks is at the top (or near the top) of my favorite classic Hollywood directors. I even like Hatari. I think Bringing Up Baby starts his great run. Specifically the next three in a row just get better and better: BUB into Only Angels Have Wings into His Girl Friday.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 8:31 pm

Well, I may have to check those out, then.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptySat May 06, 2023 9:32 pm

Only Angels Have Wings is great but more a dramatic piece. HGF is an absolute classic top shelf screwball. Baby was definitely very much a warm-up lap. Every shot in HGF is densely packed, and it steps on the gas and goes for 90 min, no let up. Masterclass in pace. Highly recommend.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 EmptySun May 07, 2023 12:01 pm

HMV had recent horror flick X for £2.99 and the 3rd of the Gerard Butler ' ... Has Fallen' actioners (Angel) for the princely sum of 99p (both new standard def DVDs).

Figured that even if I don't enjoy them that much, I won't have spent a packet to find that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Bought?
Page 33 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next