More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Last television show you watched - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 12:59 pm

"The Haunting of Hill House".

It's not bad. I do think Mike Flanagan's talent lends itself more to a feature-length story than a mini-series, but the qualities that make his horror movies work are all on display here.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 1:50 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 am

"The Haunting of Hill House" was eight episodes of good TV followed by two jarringly corny episodes to close out the series. Having said that, episode five (the Nell episode) and six (the funeral parlor episode) might be the best thing I have seen on the small screen this year.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 11:18 am

Starting to watch Daredevil Season 3 which just rolled out on netflix.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm

This scene left me teary-eyed, almost unheard of but this one fucking did it. Can't wait to see how it develops now that Rick has left the show.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptySun May 05, 2019 8:53 pm

watching my Ironside first season boxset and in the bevy of guest stars Bond alumni past and future. In one, a young Don Stroud (alongside the legend that is John Saxon) and then in a later episode, Cec Linder three years after Goldfinger. Needless to say Linder can't catch a break, killed in the first few minutes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:44 am

The finale of Season 5 of the Beeb's superbly gripping police corruption drama Line Of Duty. I'd be delighted if Jed Mercurio was hired for Bond.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 2:14 am

Just did Afterlife.

Just as poignant as it is funny. Not perfect (Sandy's character arc seemed a little undercooked, for example) but still rather good.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Yep, I liked Afterlife and am looking forward to the next series.

Dead to Me
I clearly enjoyed it as I managed to get through a huge pile of ironing without realising it but I couldn’t work out where they could take the idea, so that last scene was very welcome - I won’t spoil it.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 9:36 pm

watching the new Poliakoff, Summer of Rockets

-classic Poliakoff in terms of how it looks, some of the characters but it's got a nice little cast. Toby Stephens actually acting properly (he has a tendency to ham in certain roles), Keeley Hawes, Julian Holloway briefly, Timothy Spall (looking a shadow of his old self) and nice to see Linus Roache back in a Blighty production.

Personally, I'd like to see Hawes in a Bond film. M at this rate but she could've been a good Bond girl to Brosnan back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 12:54 am

Santa wrote:
Yep, I liked Afterlife and am looking forward to the next series.

Didn't know there will be second season. Wonder how that will work. Seemed pretty self contained those 6 episodes. I suppose there is that romance between the nurse and Ricky's character, and his dad's health.

Hilly wrote:
Toby Stephens actually acting properly (he has a tendency to ham in certain roles),

He was excellent in Black Sails. So much so I wish he'd have been Bond instead of Craig (in an ideal world, Graves probably wouldn't exist and we'd focus on Col. Moon).
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 3:52 am

A second season of Afterlife has been confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 10:13 am

Hilly wrote:

-classic Poliakoff in terms of how it looks, some of the characters but it's got a nice little cast. Toby Stephens actually acting properly (he has a tendency to ham in certain roles), Keeley Hawes, Julian Holloway briefly, Timothy Spall (looking a shadow of his old self) and nice to see Linus Roache back in a Blighty production.

Personally, I'd like to see Hawes in a Bond film. M at this rate but she could've been a good Bond girl to Brosnan back in the day.

Is it worth an iPlayering, Hilly? It sounded quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 8:21 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Is it worth an iPlayering, Hilly? It sounded quite interesting.  

Depends on your tastes smile but I think so. I like Toby Stephens irrespective of my ham remarks, the cast outside of him seems good enough. All six episodes are up on the player (it's still three in on BBC2), and I'm two in. It's unfolding nicely. Usually Poliakoff only does features or two part stuff. Be interesting to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 11:12 am

I may well give it a go :) .

The terrific Killing Eve returns to Beeb 1 tonight. And whilst the David Tennant and Michael Sheen-starring adap of Pratchett and Gaiman's Good Omens looks like tremendous fun, I refuse to pay for Amazon Prime so I'm glad it was a co-production with the Beeb. Means it'll be on there at some stage.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 4:16 pm

I'll have to check out Killing Eve. Heard that it's good, if a little overrated. More curious to see it because of the Bond 25 connection in Waller-Bridge than anything else.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 4:18 pm

Quite enjoying WARRIOR on Cinemax

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Quite enjoying WARRIOR on Cinemax

It's great. It's like the poor man's Deadwood with added martial arts. ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 11:17 am

BTW, what did you make of Joanna Vanderham as a potential Bond girl? She plays Penny Blake on "Warrior".
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Salomé wrote:
BTW, what did you make of Joanna Vanderham as a potential Bond girl? She plays Penny Blake on "Warrior".

I didn't know that! I wouldn't mind at all, her sex scenes with Ah Sahm are exciting to watch. drool
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 pm

Dug into my prized Batman DVD boxset.

Adam West my-man. And who but who is in this first episode, Jill St. John. Yes, five years before DAF but a knockout. Around the same time as Tony Rome. She remains the distinction as far as Batman '66 went, in that she dies in the second part of the first episode. Outside of a henchman dying off screen, the only fatality in the West series. It's pure silly fun, Gorshin is just a riot as the Riddler (the original aim was to have the Joker but something about Romero not being available). There's also, in this episode alone, a 'darker' edge if such a thing is possible with Batman boogieing in a nightclub. JSJ's death into the Bat-reactor and certain other elements. In this episode alone you believe that the Riddler is quite capable of going on a serial murder spree.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 am

It's interesting to note how Batman has been presented down the years ... apparently at first on the page he was armed and gunned down the opposition, then they decided that made him no better than the crims and stopped it. The 60s show and movie are of course camper than Christmas, then we had the Burton flicks with Michael Keaton ... darker, but still with a fantasy element. And then back to camp with the Kilmer and Clooney efforts before returning to darkly down-to-Earth with the Nolan/Bale trilogy (and arguably with Affleck, although I can't speak from experience as I haven't watched any of the movies with him).

The just-ended prequel show 'Gotham' had a tone akin to a mixture of the Keaton and Bale movies. Personally, I'm happy with 'dark' when it comes to Bats ... it seems to fit. But not with Superman ... if 'truth, justice and the American Way' is too corny/cheesy an idea nowadays, fair enough. But spare me replacing it with 'darkness' with a character who is an virtually indestructible alien who can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes etc for God's sake.
Back to top Go down
T.A. Ferguson
Cipher Clerk
T.A. Ferguson

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 12:49 pm

Not to mention the whole Superman/love life/ Lois Lane foolishness that we're always beat over the head, with. Come on, how's that supposed to work? If he tried to doink her, he'd kill the hell out of her, she'd be ground into the bed sheets.
Yet, I've heard the argument, that he could just lay there and she'd get on top and ride him at a full gallop......
Yeah well ok, I guess, but when he orgasms he'd still kill her because he'd go off like a pressure washer tearing through a loaf of bread....

Last television show you watched - Page 34 Omegam13
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Funny you should say that ... there was an 'explosive ejaculation' scene in the original cut of the Will Smith 'alcoholic superhero' flick Hancock, but it was amongst scenes that got cut to get the rating down from R to PG-13.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
It's interesting to note how Batman has been presented down the years ... apparently at first on the page he was armed and gunned down the opposition, then they decided that made him no better than the crims and stopped it. The 60s show and movie are of course camper than Christmas, then we had the Burton flicks with Michael Keaton ... darker, but still with a fantasy element. And then back to camp with the Kilmer and Clooney efforts before returning to darkly down-to-Earth with the Nolan/Bale trilogy (and arguably with Affleck, although I can't speak from experience as I haven't watched any of the movies with him).

The just-ended prequel show 'Gotham' had a tone akin to a mixture of the Keaton and Bale movies. Personally, I'm happy with 'dark' when it comes to Bats ... it seems to fit. But not with Superman ... if 'truth, justice and the American Way' is too corny/cheesy an idea nowadays, fair enough. But spare me replacing it with 'darkness' with a character who is an virtually indestructible alien who can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes etc for God's sake.                  

did you watch the animated series by Bruce Timm?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 34 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37 ... 41  Next