More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Roy Hodgson for England

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

Roy Hodgson for England Empty
PostSubject: Roy Hodgson for England   Roy Hodgson for England EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:41 am

Utter disgrace if the FA decide to go for Hodgson, who has proved himself as a manager that can cope with regulation battles with medium talent players, but at big clubs where ego managing is required, he is totally out of his depth.

Redknapp was the obvious no.1 choice, the same way Cloughie was years before, and both times the FA fucked up.

I am really not looking forward to the Euros now, and part of me wants England to fail, just to sit back and watch the fireworks and see the whole thing blow up spectacularly in the FA's face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson for England   Roy Hodgson for England EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Bit harsh on Hodgson. He might do, might as likely not. But it's no surprise the FA cockup. Their destructive streak goes deeper even non-league level.

Rather not old Twitch anywhere near England. Man's got as much loyalty as a prostitute.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson for England   Roy Hodgson for England EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Hilly wrote:
Bit harsh on Hodgson. He might do, might as likely not. But it's no surprise the FA cockup. Their destructive streak goes deeper even non-league level.

Rather not old Twitch anywhere near England. Man's got as much loyalty as a prostitute.

I know you are saying that being a Pompey fan, but that shouldn't be a reason for him not to have the England job.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson for England   Roy Hodgson for England EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:32 pm

jet set willy wrote:
Hilly wrote:

I know you are saying that being a Pompey fan, but that shouldn't be a reason for him not to have the England job.

Not just as a Pompey fan. He didn't exactly leave West Ham, Bournemouth and Southampton in good nick. Doesn't have the international clout that some say Hodgson has. Sure, Switzerland aren't exactly world winners (neither are we and never will we be for a while yet) but he did alright with them and overseas. All very well for some idiot players to get on Twitter to espouse their views but it'd help beyond the managers, if the players actually looked like they cared or tried.

But the doomsayers will get their shot next year I'd wager. We like to put people like Hodgson down in this country so let's let Twitch take Spurs so far next season and then quit. Only a matter of time being football and all.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson for England   Roy Hodgson for England EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Hilly wrote:
jet set willy wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Not just as a Pompey fan. He didn't exactly leave West Ham, Bournemouth and Southampton in good nick. Doesn't have the international clout that some say Hodgson has. Sure, Switzerland aren't exactly world winners (neither are we and never will we be for a while yet) but he did alright with them and overseas. All very well for some idiot players to get on Twitter to espouse their views but it'd help beyond the managers, if the players actually looked like they cared or tried.

But the doomsayers will get their shot next year I'd wager. We like to put people like Hodgson down in this country so let's let Twitch take Spurs so far next season and then quit. Only a matter of time being football and all.

I personally thought Redknapp may have the attributes it takes to manage that shower of prima donnas. I don't think the England manager necessarily has to have had European success, or won a bucket load of trophies to be suitable for the role. Managing the England players is unique, a job like no other, mainly because our England players all have huge ego issues. I think Redknapp could handle that fairly well.

They'll eat Hodgson alive and spit him out with no respect or dignity left in tact once the Euros is over.

That's just the players. God knows what the press will do to him. We thought Graham Taylor's turnip was bad, I'm guessing we haven't seen anything yet....
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson for England   Roy Hodgson for England EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Let's give the man a chance. Shooting him down before he gets going isn't to help. Sure the press, pundits, and armchair bandits will flay the man alive like McClaren but like Bond actors and that...let's see the man in action. If he fails, fine. Line him against a wall and shoot him. Imagine if he kops it of a heart attack on the touchline then we can usher Redknapp in.

I wondered a little while ago what if Redknapp came in and it was no different. It's just as plausible. So be it if European experience means bugger all but imagine if the Great Experiment was a failure. All because he's the favourite, seen as a good manager means nothing if translated into England job. Tottenham would get their millions in compensation at least.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson for England   Roy Hodgson for England EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:31 pm

I actually felt sorry for Hodgson today. At the beginning of the press conference he looked very nervous, rabbits in headlights style.

I really hope he does well for England. Part of me now is glad he has been given the job. I fear Redknapp may have given us another Keegan factor - likeable chappy blokey bloke who the fans and players all love, who is a motivator and who plays an exciting style, yet who would come unstuck at a tournament.

At least Hodge has done the international stuff before, which gives him a head start. I think he could be someone in the Bobby Robson mould, and we all know how well he did in Italia 90.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson for England   Roy Hodgson for England EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:47 pm

jet set willy wrote:
I actually felt sorry for Hodgson today. At the beginning of the press conference he looked very nervous, rabbits in headlights style.

I really hope he does well for England. Part of me now is glad he has been given the job. I fear Redknapp may have given us another Keegan factor - likeable chappy blokey bloke who the fans and players all love, who is a motivator and who plays an exciting style, yet who would come unstuck at a tournament.

At least Hodge has done the international stuff before, which gives him a head start. I think he could be someone in the Bobby Robson mould, and we all know how well he did in Italia 90.

what you about Knappers at a tournament is part of what I think. I know it's no serious thing but the Daily Mirror today reckons part of the reason for Hodgson was that Redknapp's missus didn't fancy the move to the Midlands. How true this is, I don't know but...his contract at Spurs ends next year so who knows. I feel for Hodgson really. Think he's a good bloke and manager (who else has kept WBA up this long in the PL) but...well, see him in action.

Makes me feel terribly British sometimes.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson for England   Roy Hodgson for England EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Feel sorry for Hodgson. The press don't want him, the players don't wan't him and the fans don't wan't him. When England inevitably crumble the blame will be placed solely on him. Personally, I think he's a better choice than Redknapp. There won't be such a 'fee holiday' or party atmosphere around the England camp with Hodgson in charge as there most likely would have been with Redknapp. Media will continue to pick the squad, though I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson for England   Roy Hodgson for England Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy Hodgson for England
Page 1 of 1