More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

B&B Banner/Theme

Go down 
+29
saint mark
Big Boss
AMC Hornet
lachesis
6of1
Moore
Vesper
j7wild
Toppers
tiffanywint
James Bond
Lazenby.
Blunt Instrument
Prisoner Monkeys
Louis Armstrong
The White Tuxedo
Hilly
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
Harmsway
Largo's Shark
Fairbairn-Sykes
Perilagu Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fort Knox
CJB
Makeshift Python
Control
bitchcraft
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

What banner design do you prefer?
Louis Armstrong and Sharky's pop art design (Bowie, Connery, Hendricks and Hitchcock)
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 Vote_lcap80%B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Skyfall's gunbarrel
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Neither
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:53 am

I can live with the colour scheme. Easy on the eyes. It kinda reminds of the menu background in GE64.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:31 pm

I like it.

Care to weigh in, Armstrong?
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:33 pm

I like it, too.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:33 pm

I also added a poll.

That'll give the administrators an idea of how many do and do not like it.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
I like it, too.

I like the new banner and also the new color scheme. It looks better than the baby/powder blue we've become used to.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm not 100% happy with it, TBH. I spent hours last night going over and over it, and it just never seemed to click together 100%. The colours of the Skyfall poster require the use of far too dull colours to match the forums up with the banner. When I have the time, I'm considering just blueing up the "and" on the banner and whitening the 007 logo, then going back to the blue colour scheme or a slight variation thereof. Unless anyone can think of anything better. I'd kill for a good background wallpaper for a start.

Thanks for all the kind comments though, much appreciated.

PS. Mr Brown, the buttons can be altered at any time, replaced with our own button designs if anyone has any ideas.

Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:16 pm

M wrote:
I'm not 100% happy with it, TBH. I spent hours last night going over and over it, and it just never seemed to click together 100%. The colours of the Skyfall poster require the use of far too dull colours to match the forums up with the banner. When I have the time, I'm considering just blueing up the "and" on the banner and whitening the 007 logo, then going back to the blue colour scheme or a slight variation thereof. Unless anyone can think of anything better. I'd kill for a good background wallpaper for a start.

Thanks for all the kind comments though, much appreciated.

PS. Mr Brown, the buttons can be altered at any time, replaced with our own button designs if anyone has any ideas.

Thank you for all the work you're doing on the site. Maybe I'm not particular or don't have a good eye for detail, but I like the changes. Love the background template, the color scheme, everything. Now, if we could just get signatures attached to our posts.....
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Tell you what, I'll give a weekend window for signatures. If they don't go down well, we'll get rid of them again. Sign away, all.

Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:56 pm

I understood signatures weren't too welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Hilly wrote:

I gathered that, but I don't know why, or if I did I forgot. They've been a staple of every message board and forum since the beginning of the WWW and Internet. I can't complain, though. We get a lot of latitude to be creative with our avatars here at B&B, so if foregoing a signature is part of the bargain, I can deal. But I'm not going to bother with a signature if I think it's only going to be temporary.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:02 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Hilly wrote:

I gathered that, but I don't know why, or if I did I forgot. They've been a staple of every message board and forum since the beginning of the WWW and Internet. I can't complain, though. We get a lot of latitude to be creative with our avatars here at B&B, so if foregoing a signature is part of the bargain, I can deal. But I'm not going to bother with a signature if I think it's only going to be temporary.

I think one reason was that it was about cluttering. Too much on the go. The old excuse on old MI6 was that you had the location bit to fiddle about with which was what most did. I did have a sig here when it got going initially but it was a picture of Anne Lockhart which probably looked ten times too big on everyone's screen anyway :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:36 am

Lets see how this goes.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:39 am

Trying out the siggie feature....you know I can't resist fiddling....

If allowed to stay on, they shouldn't be unwieldy and overshadow the actual size of the post (like one word responses, which are lazy and pathetic).

Looks better with 3-4 sentences in paragraphs.

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:57 am

My only word on signatures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

How about some more words. I hate signatures with a passion. They're pointless, tacky, and ruin the flow of discussions. It's like trying to have a conversation during a terrorist attack on the Vegas strip.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Sat May 19, 2012 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:01 am

I'm neutral. If we should have sigs maybe we should only have them in text. No images. You can throw in favorite quotes or links or mottos ect.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:03 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I'm neutral. If we should have sigs maybe we should only have them in text. No images. You can throw in favorite quotes or links or mottos ect.

I have no tolerance for them, they're stupid and pointless.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:06 am

We're here, We ain't goin' nowhere. We're movin' right next door to you.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:07 am

I don't mind them, as longs as they aren't excessive. Like mine.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:07 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
How about some more words. I hate signatures with a passion. They're pointless, tacky, and ruin the flow of discussions. It's like trying to have a conversation during a terrorist attack on the Vegas strip.

I don't understand that analogy at all 😕

Perhaps M can simply modify the 'Preferences' tab so that you can select 'turn signatures off' or something similar so you don't have to see them. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Makeshift Python wrote:
I don't mind them, as longs as they aren't excessive. Like mine.

Or mine.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:09 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Perhaps M can simply modify the 'Preferences' tab so that you can select 'turn signatures off' or something similar so you don't have to see them. Problem solved.

They're annoying. They're tacky. They get in the way. They ruin the flow because now everyone has to look at the same stupid shit over and over and over and over again.

I like the set up B&B had, though I can accept this new colour scheme. But signatures will kill the elegance of the layout.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Sat May 19, 2012 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:10 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Yeah, that would be a great function to disable stuff like that even for avatars for folks with low bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:13 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Yeah, that would be a great function to disable stuff like that even for avatars for folks with low bandwidth.

If I could turn them off for my view of the site, I'd roll with that. But as it stands, I think the signatures should go. Let's try to have a little more class than all of the shitty internet forums out there.

Yeah, I suggested having class and said "shitty" in the same sentence.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Sat May 19, 2012 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:14 am

I hate signatures, also. They really cause a lot of clutter.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:22 am

Sigh....did away with mine then....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

B&B Banner/Theme
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next