More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Hitchcock - the man and the movies

Go down 
+11
Makeshift Python
Salomé
Campbell4
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
hegottheboot
trevanian
Harmsway
j7wild
bondfan06
colly
The White Tuxedo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Looks good. The acting looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Looks watchable at least.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:19 am

Trying to resume my long delayed Hitchcock countdown.

Stage Fright (1950)

Surprisingly good. Really liked Wyman for the most part, though Alastair Sim pretty much stole every scene for me. And so a Hicthcock film features a man on the run wrongfully accused of murder, except...
Spoiler:

Can't blame Hitch for not pulling such a small twist again otherwise peeps might expect it. Lesson: Never believe a flashback sequence when the "wrongfully accused" character explains it.

Notorious
Rebecca
Lifeboat
Rope
Foreign Correspondent
Stage Fright
Spellbound
Suspicion
The Paradine Case
Under Capricorn
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:11 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:39 am

Well I'm certainly interested in a Hitch discussion, but what aspect of the man do you want to focus on?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:42 am

His lovely pair of tits.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:44 am

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:18 am

Its an irrelevant criticism anyway, any work of art will be a reflection of the realities of the day.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:38 am

x

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:13 am

Oh Bidisha. Wouldn't wanna be ya.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:05 am

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:13 am

I have to eat in a couple of hours, Ambler... blink
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:49 am

Do they read de Sade in Illinois?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:22 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 11:19 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
For sometime now, Prisoner Monkeys and I have been working on a remake of that piece of shit Vertigo. We got rid of its rampant misogyny and made it sexier for the burgeoning teen market. We introduced plenty of social justice to attract the Hollywood A-listers and now we have an exciting and topical plot direction. It's fresh and new yet still remains true to the original.

High fucking five.

Quote :
An 18-year-old woman who was apparently "obsessed with necrophilia," has been accused of having three-way sex on top of the corpses of two men she and her sexual partners allegedly murdered.

A police investigation into a brutal double murder in the town of Joliet, Illinois is said to have found that the bodies of 22-year-olds Eric Glover and Terence Rankins were placed in a pile after being strangled, so that Alisa Massaro could lie on them to have sex.

One of the men in the group of accused murderers, 24-year-old Joshua Miner, apparently said he was the long-term boyfriend of Massaro, adding that “for years back she wanted to have sex with a dead guy”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/necrophiliaobsessed-girl-among-double-murder-accused-in-threeway-sex-case-8513472.html

I like it. Just a few suggestions...

50 Cent or Sean "Puffy" Combs as Scottie Ferguson
Ellen Page as Judy/Madeline
Chris Hemsworth as Elster
Rosie Huntington Whiteley as Midge

Directed by J.J. Abrams, Paul Haggis or Bryan Singer
Score by John Ottman
Theme song by Ariana Grande and One Direction (lots of money-making potential when the soundtrack is released)

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:59 am

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 7:48 am

Last Hitch feature I watched was "Shadow of a Doubt". Such an underrated gem. I love the atmosphere, and the way the library scene was shot is masterful film-making.
Hitch also gives California a near magical property.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 12:19 am

And it has Teresa Wright.

Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 Teresa_wright

OOOGGNNN.....
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 7:48 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Seems Disney is interested in a whole slate of Hitch-inspired movies so Prisoner Monkeys will be pitching this update of Psycho:

Quote :
Teenager 'lost virginity to mother's corpse' after killing her with a hammer

I'm thinking Ryan Gosling as Kevin Davis, Halle Berry as Mother.

Eli Roth presents...

Salomé wrote:
Last Hitch feature I watched was "Shadow of a Doubt". Such an underrated gem. I love the atmosphere, and the way the library scene was shot is masterful film-making.

Underrated indeed. And it's unfortunate because it's one of his best films. I think it's miles ahead of NORTH BY NORTHWEST and even PSYCHO.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:27 pm

I like SHADOW OF A DOUBT, but it's ruined Dimitri Tiomkin's awful score. For that alone I'd never put it above PSYCHO or NORTH BY NORTHWEST.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 4:01 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Control wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Seems Disney is interested in a whole slate of Hitch-inspired movies so Prisoner Monkeys will be pitching this update of Psycho:

Quote :
Teenager 'lost virginity to mother's corpse' after killing her with a hammer

I'm thinking Ryan Gosling as Kevin Davis, Halle Berry as Mother.

Eli Roth presents...

Salomé wrote:

Underrated indeed. And it's unfortunate because it's one of his best films. I think it's miles ahead of NORTH BY NORTHWEST and even PSYCHO.
"North by Northwest" was a very well-made film, but I always deemed it a Hollywood rehashing of "The 39 Steps", which I much prefer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 3:52 am

x

Back to top Go down
Staugust
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Staugust

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:29 am

http://jamesbondmemes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/north-by-northwest-bond-connections.html
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:30 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:
Frenzy

what can I say but for a start you have a fine opening shot of London. For someone who cares about such things, the glimpse of old London is something. Such as the shots of Covent Garden back in its market days.
As for the film itself, it's not too bad but it doesn't feel right. More like any British made film of the era than a Hitchcock film. For what it's worth Ron Goodwin, a quiet favourite of mine, does enough of a job but I'd like to re-listen 'out of movie' to get a better taste.
And then there's Barry Foster. Part of me will always think of him in his Battle of Britain role ("SILENCE! In Polish!") but here he's on form. Reading about him ended up making me want to seek out Twisted Nerve.
Overall not a bad film but as I say not vintage Hitchcock. The inspector and what passes as dinner were good, the villain risable, the innocent man so-so and the locations, good.

A 'shout-out' to Foster's scene in the lorry as he tries to find his pin and fighting the stiff foot of the corpse.

Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 FrenzyHS

I like FRENZY a lot more than TORN CURTAIN, MARNIE or even THE BIRDS. I always find it fascinating to watch, say, VERTIGO and then follow it with something like FRENZY. The shift is unbelievable. And it's not like the type of the shift that you'd find with THE 39 STEPS vs. VERTIGO. Something had gone seriously wrong at the end of his career.

Hitchcock was a tragic case. One of the 20th century's greatest and most successful artists, brought down by pop music and the short attention spans of teenage theater goers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock - the man and the movies   Hitchcock - the man and the movies - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hitchcock - the man and the movies
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next