More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)

Go down 
+21
Louis Armstrong
FourDot
HJackson
Control
dr. strangelove
Hilly
Manhunter
jet set willy
lachesis
bondfan06
Makeshift Python
Jack Wade
Harmsway
Largo's Shark
The White Tuxedo
Blunt Instrument
Prisoner Monkeys
Tubes
Fairbairn-Sykes
tiffanywint
Gravity's Silhouette
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Control wrote:
Caine and Freeman on Joseph Gordon-Levitt's acting abilities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOTXVFVguf8&t=6m9s

Eh.....was that supposed to be some sort of smoking gun that showed that Caine and Freeman don't think he's a good actor? It could also just be a couple of stars that have been sitting down 8-12 hours all day for days on end doing these press junkets and have gotten tired of the same questions being asked by no-rate local television reporters and can't feign surprise anymore.

JGL will return in 2015 as NIGHTWING. Might as well learn to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Control wrote:
Caine and Freeman on Joseph Gordon-Levitt's acting abilities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOTXVFVguf8&t=6m9s
Eh.....was that supposed to be some sort of smoking gun that showed that Caine and Freeman don't think he's a good actor?
laugh

No. It was obviously a joke.

JGL will return in 2015 as NIGHTWING. Might as well learn to deal with it.
Doubtful. I don't see WB taking a risk marketing a Batman movie without "Batman" or Bruce Wayne as Batman. It doesn't make much sense to do that from a business standpoint.

Plus, why do people think the reboot is forced to pick up where "Rises" left off? It doesn't appear as if Nolan is going to be significantly involved with the reboot at this point so I don't see any indication that it will have to continue that story. It shouldn't do that and it's best that way.

Last edited by Jack Wade on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
And he casted Anne Hathaway, so no.
I don't like her. She's too ambitious.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Louis Armstrong wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
And he casted Anne Hathaway, so no.
I don't like her. She's too ambitious.
Same here. He should have got Gemma Arterton instead.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

Doubtful. I don't see WB taking a risk marketing a Batman movie without "Batman" or Bruce Wayne as Batman. It doesn't make much sense to do that from a business standpoint.

It wouldn't be a Batman movie. It would be a Nightwing movie.

Honestly, I don't see where the big risk is. Is it any riskier to let Jonathan Nolan write and direct a Nightwing movie using actors that have established credibility with the audience and within a pre-fabricated universe than to let Jonathan Schumacher direct a Batman film? Or to hire an unknown French f/x artist to direct Catwoman? Puhleeze. The real risk involved here is WB making the smart decision to move forward with a JGL-Nightwing film. We've seen WB make the dumb decisions; I want to know if they've got the stones to take what Christopher Nolan gave them and move forward with it.

Quote :

Plus, why do people think the reboot is forced to pick up where "Rises" left off? It doesn't appear as if Nolan is going to be significantly involved with the reboot at this point so I don't see any indication that it will have to continue that story. It shouldn't do that and it's best that way.

I don't think a "reboot" without JGL would pick up where RISES left off. Just the opposite, really. I think without JGL and Nightwing/Robin we're going to get yet another retelling of Batman's origin story. Been there, done that...don't need it. I'd like to see films continue on in the current Nolan universe/timeline. I guess Bale/Batman could come back; there's nothing in the story that completely writes him out. But I'd rather the series move on with JGL and Nightwing.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Per the reports/rumors, everything WB is doing with DC superheroes now is about moving towards a JUSTICE LEAGUE film (they even pushed for the next game in the ARKHAM ASYLUM/ARKHAM CITY series to include some of the standard JL members).

I think it's highly unlikely that they'll push forward with a JGL flick for that reason; they're going to want Bruce Wayne as Batman to feature.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

It wouldn't be a Batman movie. It would be a Nightwing movie.

Honestly, I don't see where the big risk is. Is it any riskier to let Jonathan Nolan write and direct a Nightwing movie using actors that have established credibility with the audience and within a pre-fabricated universe than to let Jonathan Schumacher direct a Batman film? Or to hire an unknown French f/x artist to direct Catwoman? Puhleeze. The real risk involved here is WB making the smart decision to move forward with a JGL-Nightwing film. We've seen WB make the dumb decisions; I want to know if they've got the stones to take what Christopher Nolan gave them and move forward with it.
Yes, it is riskier, because those films had much more marketable and established characters. People want Batman arguably now more than ever. It makes no sense to ditch that for Nightwing.

Nolan's arc is done and I get the impression he doesn't really want it to be messed with. Just because "Rises" introduces Nightwing doesn't necessarily mean it was intended to be the jumping-off point for whatever comes along to succeed it. If someone wanted to continue this arc with Nightwing, I think it would be best suited for animation or comic books.

Harms is right. With Nolan's story out of the way, it clears the path for WB to start new with Batman so it can get a Justice League film out there. I guess that means it could still go forth with a separate Nightwing film but I don't think there's going to be much demand for that.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:56 am

Harmsway wrote:
Per the reports/rumors, everything WB is doing with DC superheroes now is about moving towards a JUSTICE LEAGUE film (they even pushed for the next game in the ARKHAM ASYLUM/ARKHAM CITY series to include some of the standard JL members).

I think it's highly unlikely that they'll push forward with a JGL flick for that reason; they're going to want Bruce Wayne as Batman to feature.

Looks like we're gonna get something crapass. Pity. Why not just make a standalone JL film?
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:24 am

The Justice League approach is idiotic and simply will. not. work for DC/WB.

I'm flabbergasted that they're more scared by Superman Return than they are encouraged by Nolan's efforts. The way forward for their properties is to isolate the characters and give a real filmmaker custody of it, someone who can write/direct/produce. Worry about making one film, and then if that one's a success persist with a sequel. Don't set up trilogies, do the Jonah Nolan thing of putting what you can in the film you're making, provided it is suitable.

If they try and emulate Marvel they're kidding. Green Lantern is more than good enough evidence to show that they can't just make these things by committee in a cookie-cutter fashion.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:38 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Harmsway wrote:

Looks like we're gonna get something crapass. Pity. Why not just make a standalone JL film?
We almost got one in 2008 with George Miller directing and Armie Hammer as Batman. Thankfully that fell through.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:44 am

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:47 am

I'm open to Armie Hammer, but in a different role. Holy crap is he wrong for Batman. I'm thinking Aquaman.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:57 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
Harmsway wrote:

We almost got one in 2008 with George Miller directing and Armie Hammer as Batman. Thankfully that fell through.

More like sadly. Give me Miller over Nolan any day.

BABE: PIG IN THE CITY is one of the finest films of the 90s, up there with Robert Altman's SHORT CUTS, Wong Kar-wai's HAPPY TOGETHER, and Whit Stillman's THE LAST DAYS OF DISCO.
I don't think the problem was George Miller so much as it was the cast. Hammer, Adrien Brody, Common ...
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Control wrote:
I wouldn't have minded if we get a glimpse of Alfred at that table, looking across and smiling, without showing Wayne. Then, anyone who had been paying attention would have caught on that he spotted Wayne, instead of blatantly showing him there with Selina Kyle. Pretty half-witted
The entire film is half-witted. Three hours of the stupidest shit I've seen in a cinema in a long time. Really drive home that Wayne survived, but please don't bother to explain how he got half way around the world and into a city disconnected from the rest of society, after escaping such a hellish prison (replete with flat-screen tellies and Doritos). Please don't explain how you can fix a broken back by punching it. Please don't explain how Bane knew the location of Wayne's top secret armoury. Please don't explain why every single police officer (sorry, 'not all of them...') piles into a small cramped network of tunnels. Were the Nolans drunk when they wrote this film?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:48 pm

HJackson wrote:
Really drive home that Wayne survived, but please don't bother to explain how he got half way around the world and into a city disconnected from the rest of society, after escaping such a hellish prison (replete with flat-screen tellies and Doritos).

laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:51 pm

How does he survive a newkler explosion?

DARK KINGHT 4: NUCLEAR WINTER
DARK KNIGHT 5: EUROTRIP
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Even if he ejected and engaged the autopilot, he would have been damn close to the blast.

That ending was pretty fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:53 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
How does he survive a newkler explosion?

DARK KINGHT 4: NUCLEAR WINTER
DARK KNIGHT 5: EUROTRIP

DARK KNIGHT 6: LOST IN CANCUN, PART 1
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:16 am

So good to be on these boards where people can recognise the glaring flaws...
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:45 am

HJackson wrote:
Control wrote:
I wouldn't have minded if we get a glimpse of Alfred at that table, looking across and smiling, without showing Wayne. Then, anyone who had been paying attention would have caught on that he spotted Wayne, instead of blatantly showing him there with Selina Kyle. Pretty half-witted
The entire film is half-witted. Three hours of the stupidest shit I've seen in a cinema in a long time. Really drive home that Wayne survived, but please don't bother to explain how he got half way around the world and into a city disconnected from the rest of society, after escaping such a hellish prison (replete with flat-screen tellies and Doritos). Please don't explain how you can fix a broken back by punching it. Please don't explain how Bane knew the location of Wayne's top secret armoury. Please don't explain why every single police officer (sorry, 'not all of them...') piles into a small cramped network of tunnels. Were the Nolans drunk when they wrote this film?
Well, I think we can kind of make sense of the "broken back" bit. I think he just had one fucked up vertebra which the dude punched back into place. Maybe it's like fixing a broken arm or something.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:29 am

I think he only dislocated a vertebrae.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:45 am

Random thought: The more I play "Batman: Arkham City," the less I like the Nolan films. It seems like these games get Batman; they get the universe and the characters, whereas the Nolan films feel more like crime dramas featuring Batman.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:09 am

Jack Wade wrote:
Random thought: The more I play "Batman: Arkham City," the less I like the Nolan films. It seems like these games get Batman; they get the universe and the characters, whereas the Nolan films feel more like crime dramas featuring Batman.

Nolan's is a specific take. I don't really play video games, but from what I've seen of that game that's basically what I'd want from a Batman movie. I want the character's motivations be grounded in a reality, not Batman's technology or the buildings of Gotham City.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:

Nolan's is a specific take. I don't really play video games, but from what I've seen of that game that's basically what I'd want from a Batman movie. I want the character's motivations be grounded in a reality, not Batman's technology or the buildings of Gotham City.
Totally, and I understand it's Nolan's take, but I feel like this take is a better one.

The games are dark, sure, but yet they present the characters in a "fun" way without ever sacrificing too much in the name of realism. A Mark Hamill Joker or a behemoth Bane, for example, can still work in a gritty and realistic world. That's why the games are great.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Harmsway wrote:
I think he only dislocated a vertebrae.

Which you can't punch back into place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (2.0)
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next