More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What Bond track are you listening to?

Go down 
+12
GreatKenji
Moore
Krilencu
Walecs
Control
Largo's Shark
bitchcraft
Hilly
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Toppers
GeneralGogol
Makeshift Python
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 8:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 7:42 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:

I still think one is a lot better than typically credited. I'm thinking of the strain of thought saying Lang's tune should've been the title one. I like Crow as a singer-songwriter generally, and that transfers over to her "Tomorrow Never Dies."
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 7:43 pm

Honestly, I don't care much for either song, and I think Arnold's TND score is the most overrated in Bondom.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 7:56 pm

It is impossible to overrate Barry, and I suppose somewhat difficult to overrate any of the one-timers. TND and CR seem to be Arnold's most praised. I'd probably take TND over CR but for bombastic Bond I think he did it better in DAD. I think overall QOS is his best work.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 4:29 am

Somerset wrote:
It is impossible to overrate Barry, and I suppose somewhat difficult to overrate any of the one-timers. TND and CR seem to be Arnold's most praised. I'd probably take TND over CR but for bombastic Bond I think he did it better in DAD. I think overall QOS is his best work.
Yes to everything above.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 4:29 am

Somerset wrote:
Yes to everything above.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 7:13 pm

One of the greatest themes ever concocted.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 5:16 am

Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 5:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 8:56 pm

IMO, Knight's voice is too rough for a Bond track. It just doesn't fit. Not a terrible song, though.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 3:56 am

It sounds like she says "Licence to catch" in places?
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 5:08 am

Just listened to GF and YOLT on vinyl. The latter is still one of my favorites.

Oddly enough, I've been a vinyl collector for 10+ years and a Bond fan for 20 + and yet never really pursued collecting them all on vinyl. These are the only two in my collection. Perhaps that will be my next pursuit!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 2:13 pm

On loop in my little brain.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 4:28 pm

I'm not a huge David Arnold fan, but I must say that "Crawl, End Crawl" at the end of QoS is one of that film's few undoubted highlights. How ironic then that "Another Way to Die" is far and away the worst Bond title track. The musical bookends could not be farther apart in terms of quality.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 4:29 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:

On loop in my little brain.

That's a marvelous track, alright. In fact, TLD's score in general is top shelf.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 6:57 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I'm not a huge David Arnold fan, but I must say that "Crawl, End Crawl" at the end of QoS is one of that film's few undoubted highlights.
I think it is my favourite end credits of the whole series.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 14, 2023 8:17 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
I'm not a huge David Arnold fan, but I must say that "Crawl, End Crawl" at the end of QoS is one of that film's few undoubted highlights.  
I think it is my favourite end credits of the whole series.

Mine, too, although I also like "If You Asked Me To" from LTK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Bond track are you listening to?   What Bond track are you listening to? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Bond track are you listening to?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3