More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Adele rumours heating up....

Go down 
+7
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Largo's Shark
trevanian
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
Prisoner Monkeys
bitchcraft
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Adele rumours heating up.... Empty
PostSubject: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:39 am

http://top40.about.com/b/2012/09/13/adele-reportedly-recording-james-bond-theme-song-for-skyfall.htm

Quote :
Those who are eager to hear new music from Adele may not have to wait much longer. The Sun is reporting that she has been visiting the legendary Abbey Road studios where Thomas Newman has been recording music for the next James Bond film titled Skyfall. Thomas Newman has worked on soundtracks for the films Wall-E and The Shawshank Redemption. Adele has hinted in the past that she was asked to record the film's theme song. Skyfall is set to hit theaters November 9, 2012. James Bond themes have been recorded by major artists ranging from Paul McCartney to Madonna.

Shawshank had an awesome soundtrack...

According to sources, Adele's 21 is the fifth biggest selling album ever in the UK and has sold 10 million copies in the USA.(Got 6 grammy's, has 3 #1s).

If only 10% of the Adele faithful buy this song, Duran Duran will have company at the top with a #1 Bond song...
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:55 am

I'll still only believe it when it's announced. It doesn't matter how much circustantial evidence stacks up, the rumours are still coming from The Sun.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 6:47 am

At this point, even though it's from The Sun, I'd be shocked if it's not Adele.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Confirmed: Adele All Set for James Bond “Skyfall” Song

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/09/13/confirmed-adele-all-set-for-james-bond-skyfall-song

Roger Friedman is one of the best sources for industry insider information, apart from NIkki Finke of Deadline Hollywood. If Friedman says Adele is doing the theme song, she's doing the theme song.

Exclusive: I think I can confirm for you what I said some months ago–Adele is performing the theme song for “Skyfall,” the 23rd James Bond movie. As far as I know the song is called “Skyfall.” I think if anyone else had sung the theme song this year it wouldn’t have made sense. Adele’s sound is the quintessential James Bond sound. She joins Shirley Bassey, Paul McCartney, Carly Simon, Rita Coolidge, John Barry, Duran Duran and others on the long list of pop stars who’ve immortalized James Bond in song.
“Skyfall” will be Adele’s first new single since her album “21″ sold 7 billion copies in 13 different galaxies. The movie opens in London the last week of October, right when Adele will give birth to a baby, as well. The good news is, this should be an actual song with a melody and a hook, unlike recent tortures. More to come on this breaking news…
(PS I broke this news originally around May 21st on Forbes.com. The story has since been purged because Forbes only paid for one time use. And they still owe me money! But you can find the original reference just by Googling around.) Here’s one link that credited my Forbes story: http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/76363/Adele-Working-On-James-Bond-Skyfall-Theme-Tune-
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:29 pm

I don't know what she was watching, but my wife saw something on the tube this morning indicating Adele's current project could only be the END CREDIT song for SKYFALL because the title track would have been recorded months back (which would be in keeping with when the title shoot was being done, right?)

She usually watches ABC news if that helps any.

Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:43 pm

No, the title track is usually one of the last things done. Especially if the composer is involved in writing the song.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Yep, it's usually simultaneously or after the tiles have been done. In the Incredible Suite's recent interview with Daniel Kleinman, he talked about hoe nerve racking it is finally syncing the music up with the graphics, and hoping they fit.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:25 am

Nice. I'm happy with that! Is Newman composing it though?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:26 am

He is.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:39 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
the song is called “Skyfall.”

This makes me so happy. All of Bond songs should include the title in the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:52 am

Walecs wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
the song is called “Skyfall.”
This makes me so happy. All of Bond songs should include the title in the lyrics.
This is just the title of the film in the title of the song. For all we know, the actual song may not mention "Skyfall" at all, but rather limit itself to "the falling sky" or "the sky is falling" or some such.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:13 pm

True, but it's unlikely that the song won't have it's title in the lyrics. :)
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:37 pm

All in all, this is great news for the title theme...Adele is a powerhouse. We're talking huge, HUGE rotation on the majority of radio stations and music video channels 24/7. Compared to Another Way To Die, which couldn't even get an airing during the graveyard hours.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:01 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Compared to Another Way To Die, which couldn't even get an airing during the graveyard hours.
I'm pretty sure that you could write a book about QOS' flawed production, and that you could probably dedicate a couple of chapters to the title song alone.

Based on what I've read around here, EON was pushing for Amy Winehouse to perform the theme. But Winehouse simply couldn't get a feel for it and went through several demos with Mark Ronson. EON accepted this, but then Winehouse went on a bender, culminating in a public meltdown - possibly that infamous performance in Serbia - and EON lost interest. By now, they did not have long to get soemthing together, and went back to the demos they had received when they opened themselves up to sumbissions. I'm also willing to bet that the fractured relationship with Winehouse somehow gave the film's sponsors a lot more power in the selection process, given that Coke was somehow able to debut the song as part of an advertising campaign.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:12 am

Should have just used this...far superior to AWTD...

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:13 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Should have just used this...far superior to AWTD...

Sounds like a drag act....
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:23 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
All in all, this is great news for the title theme...Adele is a powerhouse. We're talking huge, HUGE rotation on the majority of radio stations and music video channels 24/7. Compared to Another Way To Die, which couldn't even get an airing during the graveyard hours.

Uh, maybe, maybe not. I think it all comes down to the song. No matter how popular the group or singer may be at the time, if the song isn't considered commercial enough it probably won't get played on radio. Are there even any music video channels anymore?

Sheryl Crow and Garbage were both at their peak in popularity in the late-90's, yet neither one's title song was a mainstream hit in the U.S. A-ha was only 2 years removed from their big hit, Take On Me, and their song didn't get any significant radio or television rotation at the time.

Personally, I love Another Way To Die. It's one of my favorite songs. I probably listened to it on my Ipod everyday, multiple times, for at least 6 months after it came out. But it is a different type of sound, and radio tends to shy away from the unconventional.

And it's not like Alicia Keys was a nobody. If Alicia Keys isn't good enough for listeners, Amy Crackhouse sure as hell wasn't going to be.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:36 am

I'm betting Top 3 both in the USA and UK.

Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:04 am

Top 3? I'd say that's pretty unlikely. It would really have to pander to contemporary pop sensibilities to climb that high; if the SKYFALL anthem is anything like a traditional Bond song, then it'll have done well if it breaks the top 20.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:11 am

It's interesting how on different radio stations over the last few years in Australia, I've heard A View to a Kill, For Your Eyes Only, Live and Let Die and Nobody Does It Better quite frequently. Just the other day though, I heard We Have All The Time In The World. Modern Bond songs? Haven't heard them before on the radio. Though except for Madonna, the artists haven't exactly been the biggest stars. I reckon Adele has a chance of having the modern Bond song which will be played on the radio not just now, but in the future as well.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:17 am

Harmsway wrote:
Top 3? I'd say that's pretty unlikely. It would really have to pander to contemporary pop sensibilities to climb that high; if the SKYFALL anthem is anything like a traditional Bond song, then it'll have done well if it breaks the top 20.

What about Duran Duran's A VIEW TO A KILL?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:25 am

FieldsMan wrote:
It's interesting how on different radio stations over the last few years in Australia, I've heard A View to a Kill, For Your Eyes Only, Live and Let Die and Nobody Does It Better quite frequently Just the other day though, I heard We Have All The Time In The World..

Also interesting to note that they're not really traditional Bond songs (in which GOLDFINGER is often seen as the template for) , yet they're all considered classics.

David Arnold was dead wrong.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:10 am

FieldsMan wrote:
It's interesting how on different radio stations over the last few years in Australia, I've heard A View to a Kill, For Your Eyes Only, Live and Let Die and Nobody Does It Better quite frequently.
I walked into a pet store the other day just as A View to a Kill started playing over their speaker system.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:03 am

My store used to play "Die Another Day". Emphasis on the use of past tense, which makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:06 am

So did mine.. until I went postal.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adele rumours heating up....   Adele rumours heating up.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Adele rumours heating up....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next