More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

"Modgate"

Go down 
+18
Seve
Fae
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Manhunter
GeneralGogol
Toppers
Vesper
Tubes
CJB
Fairbairn-Sykes
bitchcraft
tiffanywint
Makeshift Python
Lazenby.
trevanian
Hilly
Control
Largo's Shark
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:55 pm

What pics? :)
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Manhunter wrote:
I'd like to speak in favour of keeping Python as a mod, because I am sure no-one else would have made the pics on my recent LAST MOVIE post work. Hardly anyone seems to care in such cases. A mod not only needs to act on his own initiative when posters have problems of any kind, they also need to have the technical proficiency to do so. I doubt that all of the current mods have got these abilities, so I think that Python is one of the most important candidates for a continued service as a mod. :)

Thanks. :)

Largo's Shark wrote:
What pics? :)

This post: https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t1743p375-last-movie-you-watched-70

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 pm

I can but echo much of what has been said. All this in the open, slinging about, MI6 shadows etc. Too damned tired to think about it clearly. Though a second admin would make sense if Lazenby. ever is away for whatever reason as well as acting as his deputy.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Hilly's right. The sooner this (along with all of the other embarrassments) are hidden from the public eye, but viewable to members, the better. I suggest splitting this thread from Ambler's post (page 20) onwards
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Python's mod status is going nowhere, he's one of the best we have and he'll remain a mod as long as he wishes to be, unless or until he gives anybody sufficient reason to doubt his ability, which I'm confident will never happen. I can't make my position on that any clearer, and I won't be firing mods just to give other people kicks or to stir the pot. As I've said before, it's ok if any mods wish to stand down for any reason, but this is by no means a pressurising of mods to do so. If good mods want to remain mods, then we don't have a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Look, Laz, we've got 8 mods for a small community with barely 40 active members. Don't you think that's a bit disproportionate? As General Gogol says, shouldn't this place be mostly self-regulating? Do really need 8 mods just to clean up quoting and image errors, merge/split posts, add polls and sticky threads (which only the Admin can do anyway). We're not exactly getting bombarded by spambots here, nor are there being regular warnings handed out.

Christ, where's Scashy and his libertarian rants when I need him?

Lazenby.. wrote:
... just to give other people kicks or to stir the pot.

I don't believe it. 🇳🇴

That's why you I think I'm asking for all this? Purely to stir shit or play one side against the other? The Blofeld of Bond fandom? That's how little you think of me now?

I'm not joking any more or getting off seeing any of this happen to BAB. This isn't a prank or some f*cked performance art or whatever. This is because I care about this online community, and want to see it heading in a better direction. There ought to be a little accountability somewhere, beyond just me and Brandon.

If none of these mods are going anywhere, then at the very least could you consider asking for a sincere apology to both j7 and Ambler? That would be something, at least.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:17 pm

And at the same time, we could ask Ambler and j7 to sincerely apologise to everybody they've offended whilst here. They may have been victims of mod misbehaviour here recently, but they've never exactly been in any hurry to apologise when they've offended people.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:31 pm

This is not a two-way street. Ambler and j7 weren't mods, plain and simple. Mods have a responsibility and duty to be courteous, mature, polite, fair, and just. Why the f*ck should Ambler have to apologise?

Talk about blaming the rape victim.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Who owes Ambler an apology, besides maybe yourself? If so, feel free to do so. But I won't be telling others to. You made the multiple accounts to look as if they were Ambler aliases, so I'm not gonna blame people for thinking that any of those aliases was Ambler.

And Ambler doesn't have to apologise, my point was that other people shouldn't have to apologise to Ambler or j7 when the pair of then themselve the sames are never willing to do the same. This whole sorry and shitty affair is between you, Ambler, Brown and, if he ever comes back, j7wild. You and Control made mistakes that both yourselves and the rest of the forum have learnt a valuable lesson from. You've both already apologised, you're both no longer mods (of your own choice and at the demand of some others) and everyone's had a say in this debacle. What the f*ck is the point in dwelling on it and keeping the forums polluted with this sh**e for any longer?

In response to you believing that I may think little of you, I can assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. It's not necessarily you that's stirring the shit here, it's your master. But he's dragging you along with him, and everybody here knows you're better than that.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
Who owes Ambler an apology, besides maybe yourself?

The entire moderating team along with yourself. Your last two posts here practically warrant it on their own.

Nevertheless, I've learnt that trying to convince Laz that he and the mods should show at least shred of humility, is as easy as selling ice to Eskimos. Assuming he hasn't flown back to China, I'll let Ambler do the rest of the talking for himself.

FWIW, I've already apologised to him in this very thread, if you care to scroll back a few pages.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:48 pm

If it helps, I apologize to Ambler for assuming he was making those duplicate accounts along with my fellow mods. I never had any quarrels with him and even when I assumed he was making those duplicate accounts I still looked forward to his true return to the forums. It's a shame that all this nonsense happened and drove good members like Ambler away when we most wanted him back.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks, Python. You're a good man.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm both regretful and apologetic for some of the things I've felt I've had to say in this thread, but look at it from my POV. I came in here for the first day as admin and immediately get called upon to fire a pile of mods. What the hell would anybody else do in my position? Had I waltzed in and just fired a pile of mods, I'd have been labelled a c*** straight away and lost any respect I have straight away from many members here. I didn't for one second condone the actions of the mods who misbehaved, but nor did I come down on them like a shitload of bricks either, mostly because the debate on mod behaviour and what the ramifications should be was still ongoing from the tenure of M as admin, but also because I knew that those responsible were genuinely sorry and had even offered to step down, despite being f*cking brilliant contributors to these forums since day one.

My aim coming in surely had to be to try and keep peace and move forward, not to have the forum erupt in shitstorms and division over firings.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:41 am

Just a shout out to apologise to Ambler. Would be great for your return, buddy! :)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Indeed I'd like to add a further apology to the one made elsewhere. Believe it or not Ambler, I do feel guilty about remarks made. Things conspired in some air of paranoia to make me think it might be you and in the end aspersions were made upon your character of which I sincerely apologise.

And to all in general, I'm tired of the situation, let's get on with tihngs.

Lemon out.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 am

Brief read over ... and you have too many mods.

Seriously.

Message the mods who haven't been active, give them two weeks to respond and if not just cut them off. If they come back you can reappoint them. It really isn't that complicated. At most you need 4 or 5 mods. No more. Especially if you explain to them why you are doing this.

Jesus what a clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
I don't think Laz wants any mod to resign here, but if you want Ambler to ever return, I'd say it's a must.

Python wrote:
As I said earlier, I'd prefer to remain a mod but if Lazenby wants my resignation then I'll comply. I'd also like to know who wrote that "I'm a c***" bit on j7wild's post, as I was the one that edited it out.

Correct me if wrong here, but doesn't the c word rarely ever get used in Canada and the States? That would narrow it down to one of our British or Australian mods.

the "C" word is known and used in the antipodies, but only as a serious insult, not casually bandied about like it is in Britain
;)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Fae wrote:

Jesus what a clusterfuck.

succinctly, accurately, put Ms Fae
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:21 am

Python wrote:
If it helps, I apologize to Ambler for assuming he was making those duplicate accounts along with my fellow mods. I never had any quarrels with him and even when I assumed he was making those duplicate accounts I still looked forward to his true return to the forums. It's a shame that all this nonsense happened and drove good members like Ambler away when we most wanted him back.

Me too, but I'm not going to apologize for being fooled by Sharky. The deception was masterful. Yes, Sharky was a bad boy. Incorrigible.

As for Ambler, I have long been on record as being a disciple. Ambler and Khan are the first two persons I "met" on the old Mi6 board. They alone were enough to make me stick around. They are the two smartest people that I know. My life and world view have been accordingly enriched"Modgate" - Page 3 3154391645

Ambler impresses even when he is being a real bastard. That's hard to do.

Long live Ambler!!! "Modgate" - Page 3 3012860531 May he continue to grace us with his often cantankerous, ribald, provocative, yet always eloquent presence.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:39 am

tiffanywint wrote:
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Just what the hell are you posting there, Tiff? laugh
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:50 am

Curious.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:52 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Just what the hell are you posting there, Tiff? laugh

Right over my head. Whoosh. Unless you are stirring it up again. :bom:
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:56 am

Am I the only one who' seeing this?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:19 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Am I the only one who' seeing this?

I don't know what's going on. If you are seeing that red notice, I don't know why. I just made a post visible to anyone viewing the thread.

A similar red notice appears in one of Python's posts on the previous page too.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:11 am

It could be the long day at work but I'm also seeing a red notice -ONLY ADMINS CAN SEE THIS IMAGE.

Not...not...a picture of Lucy Pinder surely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Modgate" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Modgate"   "Modgate" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Modgate"
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next