More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?

Go down 
+27
trevanian
CJB
James. C
GeneralGogol
jet set willy
Jack Wade
Walecs
lachesis
Seve
MBalje
James Bond
Ravenstone
Lazenby.
groucho070
Moore
Perilagu Khan
Loomis
Vesper
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Harmsway
The White Tuxedo
Makeshift Python
Gravity's Silhouette
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
Largo's Shark
Control
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What did you think of Adele's song?
Excellent (ranks among the best)
What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Vote_lcap10%What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Very good (ranks among the upper echelon)
What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Vote_lcap43%What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 18 ]
Good/Average (ranks among the middle of the pack)
What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Vote_lcap31%What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 13 ]
Fair/Below Average (ranks among the lower tier of songs)
What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Awful (ranks at the bottom of the list)
What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 42

AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:20 pm

What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Peterfranks

"Who is your ass?"
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:39 pm

jet set willy wrote:
More importantly, who is the nice ass on your avatar?

My hips are sealed on that one....

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:08 am

Adele's Skyfall will debut at #8 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles in the USA when it's updated on Thursday. It's her highest debut to date.

The British singer's first studio recording since 2011's 21 album sold 261,000 copies over 3 days of sales since its release Thursday night.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2012/10/10/adele-skyfall-debut-week-sales/1624883/
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:06 am

I gave "Skyfall" a couple of listens since Friday, and it has quite grown on me. Not top five Bond theme material, but easily the best since "GoldenEye." The orchestration is going to give a lot of viewers of Skyfall goosebumps. I got over my problems with some of Adele's diction. Her youtube video really drills home the lyrics. Some of the rhymes I think still suck, but still better than Jack White's "slick trigga finga for her majesty." I found some of Adele's singing on 21 too nasal, and thankfully here she is cool and confident. And haunting. Too bad everyone will have heard the song before going to the cinema.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:03 pm

GeneralGogol wrote:
I gave "Skyfall" a couple of listens since Friday, and it has quite grown on me. Not top five Bond theme material, but easily the best since "GoldenEye." The orchestration is going to give a lot of viewers of Skyfall goosebumps. I got over my problems with some of Adele's diction. Her youtube video really drills home the lyrics. Some of the rhymes I think still suck, but still better than Jack White's "slick trigga finga for her majesty." I found some of Adele's singing on 21 too nasal, and thankfully here she is cool and confident. And haunting. Too bad everyone will have heard the song before going to the cinema.

I've listened to it a lot as well. I think if the title sequence is done right it could improve my opinion of it, though I think the song is nice already. Based upon the song, I'd like to see a title sequence similar to ALL TIME HIGH, with silhouettes flying through the air, or Bond and a Bond Girl spinning or swinging. In that respect, part of Adele's song is classic. I find it more similar to ALL TIME HIGH or NOBODY DOES IT BETTER or MOONRAKER, so I"d like to see a title sequence that reflects the tempo and pace of the song.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Just briefly browsed through the new issue of People magazine at the grocery store because it had Adele on the cover. A few new pieces of information came out that I have not seen elsewhere. According to the story, Adele only recorded the song six weeks ago, which means if true, she recorded the final version sometime in late August or early September. We all know that a year ago she was on some British television show and let it drop she was recording a "theme", but refused to elaborate on what that theme was. So I'm wondering if she ever recorded that theme and if so, was it the same song as she recorded six weeks ago or were there substantial differences.

The article also said that Adele was hesitant to tackle the theme song because of the enormous expectations (which I've read elsewhere), but the quote from Barbara Broccoli was the most telling: "She was worth the wait." My questions would be: how long was the wait? And did they accept contributions from any other artists (and by "other artists" I mean: Was Muse on speed dial? Were Muse's calls to EON put through to Babs right away or was Matthew Bellamy put on hold?) Was there a real chance that Adele was going to turn them down? It doesn't seem that way. I think she was in the bag all along, and that a lot of this hesitation has been manufactured in order to tease the audience.

Nonetheless, People's latest pictures of Adele show her to be quite pregnant, and I don't imagine there's going to be any video to the song that includes Adele. It would be a bit odd for a pregnant woman to be belting out a love song to James Bond with a 10lb bun in the oven.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 12:15 am

I'd be disappointed if there's no official video to this song...
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:55 pm

No. 2 this week in the UK....highest ever, alongside AVTAK!!!! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
I'd be disappointed if there's no official video to this song...
Have to imagine there will be, given the monstrous publicity push for the film and how popular the song is already.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Good piano cover.

Back to top Go down
James. C
Cipher Clerk
James. C

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:27 pm

That's a stunning rendition, even the camera work is much better than the standard one-shot-above-the-piano.

Thanks LS :)
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Is it my hearing, or is her diction bad? Only to me, it sounds like she's singing, "Let the skyfaw, when it cwumbowls..."
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Is it my hearing, or is her diction bad? Only to me, it sounds like she's singing, "Let the skyfaw, when it cwumbowls..."
I think its her cockney accent.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Doesn't sound like an accent, more a speech impediment. Certainly doesn't sound like any Cockneys I've met.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:16 pm

I really don't hear it the way you spell it.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Maybe it's something else impeding the diction then. It definitely doesn't sound like 'sky fall' or 'crumbles' to me.

Still, I try not to listen to it if I can avoid it. It doesn't get any better the more I hear it.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Ravele's right about Adele. I've never heard that kind of pronunciation in her other songs. Sounds like she's got a cold, dentist gave her an anaesthetic, or ate apple crumbawl as she sang it.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Ravele's right about Adele. I've never heard that kind of pronunciation in her other songs. Sounds like she's got a cold, dentist gave her an anaesthetic, or ate apple crumbawl as she sang it.
It sound like `Cwubawl'.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:

Ooo I've got a new nickname! I like it! :lol!:

I'm glad it's not just me. I shall stop sticking my finger in my ear and waggling it about in case it was me ;)

I didn't like Another Way To Die, but I did think it had a good main riff. The rest of the song was pants, not a hummable song at all. Sort of the same with this song - some good parts in the backing, but weak vocals and lyrics.

It's been playing constantly on the radio this week, and everyone at work is complaining about it, cus no-one can stand it. laugh
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Ravenstone wrote:

I'm glad it's not just me. I shall stop sticking my finger in my ear and waggling it about in case it was me ;)

It's not just you, but I'm hearing something slightly different. At the first chorus it sounds like she's saying "Zat Skyfall".

Let the Skyfoal
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
And face it all
At Skyfall
Zat Skyfall
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 5:31 am

Usually avoid listening to Bond songs until I see the film (God knows why), but I happened to catch this on the radio.

Nice vocals and melody. Lyrics were... eh, can't complain after slick fingering or whatever in AWTD. Passable overall. Definitely has a Bondian sound to it, though as mentioned, not overly bombastic or cliched.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:22 am

jet set willy wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
It sound like `Cwubawl'.

This thread is beginning to read like the holdup sequence in TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN. I keep expecting to see, "Apt natural, I have a gub."

My wife heard it once and won't listen again. And she loves damned near all of Adele's stuff (tried to get me to take her to see Adele years and years back, when she was in Portland way before she hit big.) She can't figure out why Adele doesn't really get to cut loose, or why the tone, unless it is linked to the film's content -- and even if it is, she still doesn't like it.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:47 am

Ravenstone wrote:

No, I'm not a fan of her phrasing at all, in this track and others. Lord knows it took me months and a lyric search to decipher the lyrics to 'Rolling in the Deep'
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:03 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Good piano cover.

This is good. Makes me think the song would probably sound a lot better live than it does in the recording.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:33 pm

trevanian wrote:
She can't figure out why Adele doesn't really get to cut loose, or why the tone, unless it is linked to the film's content -- and even if it is, she still doesn't like it.

I can't stand Adele, but I always thought she was a bit ballsier than this rather weak vocals.

I don't mind people singing in accents, but I can't stand bad diction, lazy phrasing, and poor breath control. One of the worst was that Martine McCutcheon bird with her 'this is mah mo-ment, this is mah per-fek - mo-ment - wiv ooo...'.

Oh and the Coors and their complete inability to pronounce the letter 'r'. Sounds like they're mimicking Frank Muir.

And I hate it when the word is split so they can snatch a breath. Sometimes it's done for effect, rather like staccato phrasing, but most of the time, it's lazy singing and poor breath control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?   What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think of Adele's "Skyfall" theme?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next