More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site

Go down 
+6
Fort Knox
James Bond
James. C
Jack Wade
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lazenby.
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site Empty
PostSubject: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:41 am

https://sites.google.com/site/bondandbeyond007/

That's the link. We've only one page set up, just so that there's something there (a rare and unbiased Laz review of a modern Bond film, no less), but there's all kinds we can add on to here, all kinds of sections, links, articles, news, etc. There's a convenient link to these forums placed on the page so that people can come here directly from there, and I'll have a link to the sister site put on this forum page here. Hopefully something can come of this, and everyone's input regarding content or any other ideas are of course very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:10 am

Nice work :)
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:12 am

FieldsMan wrote:

Cheers mate. You can submit a War And Peace length article about how TWINE is somehow not crap, and guess what? We'll actually publish it!! Complete with pain face photos, of course. :)
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:33 am

Nice. A good start.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 am

Lazenby. wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

Cheers mate. You can submit a War And Peace length article about how TWINE is somehow not crap, and guess what? We'll actually publish it!! Complete with pain face photos, of course. :)

In due time, I'd love to! But at the moment, I'm buried... with work. ;)
Back to top Go down
James. C
Cipher Clerk
James. C

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:34 pm

Excellent review, Lazenby.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Looking good so far, I shall be eagerly looking forward to seeing how the site develops over the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:21 pm

I've just been thinking over all of this "sister site" or "blog" stuff. I know I've been in favour of this idea as a platform to showcase writing and articles and the presentation is excellent, but (and in my position it's difficult to say this without sounding negative) isn't this something that can be done right here on the forums? And would presenting our best articles on another page simply reduce the amount of quality articles going onto the forums here? The only way to counter that problem would be to have the articles posted both here AND there, which would make the sister site pointless if it's just carrying posts which can be viewed here.

If we were becoming journalists here with a view to posting up-to-date news and trying to beat other sites to Bond scoops, this project would make more sense to me. But right now we don't seem to be equipped nor motivated enough to go down that road. Does the internet need another site reporting Bond or other entertainment news when there are already hundreds of other sites far better connected to do it than ourselves? I don't wish to diminish people's hopes for this project, but I have to be honest and realistic, and I don't want to have people putting in all kinds of effort towards this project only for it to amount to very little.

In short, I'm just not 100% sold on having two sites both devoted to discussing the same things. Instead of complimenting these forums, a sister site could (long term anyway) just result in us ending up with two medium-sized discussion platforms instead of just one big platform as we have here.

Right now, I'd just like to hear some suggestions as to what kind of different things a sister site could bring that we don't already have here on the forums.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:24 pm

I agree completely. Keeping the forum going seems hard enough.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Keeping the forum going seems hard enough.

Exactly. None of us are full-time workers on these forums and there is no profit in it to motivate people to act as such. Now I won't pretend to know the full story of what happened at MI6 Forums as I wasn't a member there, but judging from posts made here there seemed to be some kind of disconnection between admin and members, at least in that none of the members seemed to have even been informed that the forum was closing and that all of their work would be lost. Were the news pages at MI6 too time-consuming or too important when compared to the accompanying forums to the point where a severe disconnect or lack of trust occured between admin and members? I don't know, but I could definitely see such a scenario being possible because it's asking the head of the site to do two very big jobs at once. I wouldn't want that happening here.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:40 pm

In MI6's case, they had a magazine (still do - now they've even got an entire site devoted to flogging it you), yet practically none of the active members of the forums subscribed to it. Bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:22 pm

Even if we're going to keep the same colour scheme and layout, we need still a main pages. Reviews or better yet, interviews. If anyone could pull the later off its Jack Wade, who has industry connections.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:37 am

I was thinking the other day, what about HMSS? Do they have a forum?
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:43 am

This is their front page. Do you have a death wish for BAB?

Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site Splash
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:45 am

I was thinking of their blog. laugh
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:45 am

Sharky wrote:
Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site Splash

Did some tux-clad kid get his grandpa in a jumpsuit and his grandma in a bikini?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:22 pm

We should launch a blog on Tumblr. It's easy to use and anyone who makes an account can submit posts.

I've also reserved the bondandbeyond.tumblr.com URL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site   Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site Empty

Back to top Go down

Bond And Beyond's New "Sister" Site
Page 1 of 1