More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How this site should look, etc.

Go down 
+10
Moore
retrokitty
Largo's Shark
Fort Knox
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
Control
colly
Lazenby.
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

How this site should look, etc. Empty
PostSubject: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:30 am

I've just sent an e-mail to the mod of the site, with the news that this place will hopefully be back on track, so hopefully we can have any alterations sorted out if necessary.

If anyone has any suggestions as to improvements that could be made here such as ease of use, layout etc, maybe we can post any ideas here. This place can be as good as we choose to make it. I'd guess that mods will be needed as well if the place takes off, so hopefully quite a few of the best MI6ers can contribute big-time to this place.

Anyway... ideas, if any?
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:34 am

I might be missing it - but there doesnt seem to be a "new posts" button when you're looking in a thread.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:45 am

I just click on "View posts since last visit" in the top right hand corner on the front page, it brings up all of the latest posts.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:32 am

I'll offer a few comments on this matter...

- Perhaps the owner could decrease the height of the top banner. In my opinion, it seems a bit too large for the forum.
- Change the forum background to black, or a steel grey.
- Continue to permit free speech. Swearing here and there really doesn't kill people. As long as we're keeping it on a respectful level, then I think it's fine. Same goes for the casual jokes.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:43 am

colly wrote:
I might be missing it - but there doesnt seem to be a "new posts" button when you're looking in a thread.

To clear up... by clicking on that "actions!" button - you can access it when not on the homepage. 8)
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:47 am

colly wrote:
colly wrote:

To clear up... by clicking on that "actions!" button - you can access it when not on the homepage. 8)

Nice find Colly, cheers. 8)

Mr. Brown wrote:

- Perhaps the owner could decrease the height of the top banner. In my opinion, it seems a bit too large for the forum.
- Continue to permit free speech. Swearing here and there really doesn't kill people. As long as we're keeping it on a respectful level, then I think it's fine. Same goes for the casual jokes.

I'll second that.

As for the banner, we should nick this just to p*** them off:

How this site should look, etc. Britishendup

Besides, it's not like they'll be needing it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:30 am

No, let's not put the KTBEU banner up.

That site is long dead. We can only carry its spirit. Let's leave it in peace and embrace BOND AND BEYOND! She would have wanted it that way.

But I do agree that the banner should be resized. And somebody PLEASE replace NSNA Connery with Connery in his prime 1960s/EON era.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 am

I'm liking this site.

I agree with what Brown said, except that I like the background. Also, how about an image of Ian Fleming on the banner?

And the ads. Is there any way of getting rid of those ads? I really don't want to start trading Forex with eToro....
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:46 am

Mr. Brown wrote:

I agree on the banner, but I like the rest of the look. I like the look of the actual areas where the text is. I don't want that to be black. God no, I don't want a CB.n look!
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:53 am

I assumed Brown meant for the borders to be black, instead of the Bond designs. I like the text area as it is too, FWIW.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:11 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
I just click on "View posts since last visit" in the top right hand corner on the front page, it brings up all of the latest posts.

Yes, but this is just for the posts in that section. So, if I was to click into this post, and then click onto "View posts since last visit" it'll just be posts within the Enquries section. It'd be easier if one could click onto View Your Posts from every page....

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Also, I demand that Laz keeps his current avatar. laugh
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:49 pm

I've reduced the size of the top banner and made it a bit more simple, but it could still be a lot better. Any artists out there? We need a quality banner around the same size, kept within the colour scheme of the site if possible but something really classy. Also if anyone can suggest backgrounds if the James Bond logo isn't to everyone's liking then that would be great as well.

All suggestions very welcome. The site is what we make of it.

Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:52 pm

The 'view latest posts' or 'view previous posts' features should be much larger, and accessible while in-topic, at the top of the page. They were the two buttons I used the most back on the old MI6.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Sharky wrote:
The 'view latest posts' or 'view previous posts' features should be much larger, and accessible while in-topic, at the top of the page. They were the two buttons I used the most back on the old MI6.

I'll look into that and change it if I can. I agree that it could do with being a bit clearer.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:35 am

Our tagline should be "All the cool kids are doing it."
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:53 am

I do a bit of graphics and photoshop these days so I'd be happy to draft up a banner or two if anyone wants me to give it a try...
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 am

It's too big, as I went from the old banner size, but...

How this site should look, etc. Annex20-20Connery20Sean20Thunderball_NRFPT_02

I was gonna do a burnt orange text.

What I think would be cool is a collection of banners this size...

How this site should look, etc. Bondandbeyondbanner

One for each Bond, and they pop up at random. Maybe. I think something very understated would be best. Very simply font. Like ariel. Or whatever white font was used in the old title sequences. I don't want see a photoshop job of all six actors in one banner. I'll try to look for good images to base these on. I think they should be simple and black-and-white.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 am

retrokitty wrote:
I do a bit of graphics and photoshop these days so I'd be happy to draft up a banner or two if anyone wants me to give it a try...

That would be brilliant Kitts. 8)
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:08 am

Maybe in the "BEYOND."

The E and Y are silhouetted in circles, like the gunbarrel circles that go across the screen. And the O has a silhuolette of Bond in the gunbarrel.

Or not.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:10 am

Well, I always think it's great to brainstorm and draft and brainstorm again. I like simple... So put out your ideas and maybe through the week I'll give it some time and draft a few things out. With some of the programs I have at the office, once the text is chosen, I can alter existing fonts so that they are unique to just this site.

And I do like the way you are thinking with the ooohs.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 am

How this site should look, etc. Breast

At least we've got that settled.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:26 am

Here's a quick 'un:

How this site should look, etc. Banner10
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:29 am

How this site should look, etc. Banner006

Maybe a burnt orange (that color again) text. Or a goldenrod.

How this site should look, etc. Goldenrod

How this site should look, etc. Chris
"I love goldenrod!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How this site should look, etc.   How this site should look, etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

How this site should look, etc.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next