More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:52 am

Sounds good. There's a chance I did read it, but I might just need to see a chapter or two to jog my memory. ;)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:01 pm

coco1997 wrote:
Sounds good. There's a chance I did read it, but I might just need to see a chapter or two to jog my memory. ;)

Give me a day or so, I might repost the whole thing in bits rather than re-edit. It wasn't my finest effort. Written when I was giving up on writing FF in general.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Sounds good. Appreciate it. :)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:05 pm

well, here's the ending. Yes, it's not all that but it's an ending. A capping if you will.

--

Epilogue
“You know My Name”

Berlin

The wall had come down in the time that followed the Engel-Stadt operation. Gradually Berlin and Germany itself came together, ending not only the Cold War but also the Second World War through the machinations of treaties and technicalities.
All this had been a blur to Bond who lay in that place in West Berlin for agents that were either on their way out to the M in the sky or were so beyond repair that they would never serve Her Majesty again.
Bond fell into neither category. He lay in bed reading a day old copy of the Timesand looked up as Tanner walked into his private room. He wore a trenchcoat and vivid red scarf. “James, you look well.”
“Thanks. I wondered if I was getting visitors,” Bond chuckled. “No grapes?”
“Certainly not, 007,” said M walking in a moment later. He had his pipe in mouth though unlit. “Doctor says you’ll be fit in a week. When you’re well enough to travel you come home.”
“Of course, sir.”
“Usual procedure, see Doctor Molony and the boffins,” M rolled his eyes. Despite his respect for Molony, he had no time for ‘quack medicine’ as he saw it. “You did well, needless to say. The dish was completely destroyed. The satellite came to Earth somewhere in the Adriatic.”
“You have the girl to thank for that, sir.”
“Indeed. You’ll be interested to know that she has been taken onto the new President’s personal staff. Not in the capacity you’re thinking off. Her computer wizardry seems enough for her work,” said M. “It will take some getting used to, a Germany unified. An Europe with a Russian Federation rather than Union.”
“We evolve, sir.”
“To a point, 007. I’ll see you downstairs, Chief of Staff.”
Tanner nodded and walked up to Bond. “Ouromov initially fled into West Germany as the wall came down. We think he thought he was going to be shot. The new President says he’ll be given medals and everything else. Even command half their army,” Tanner snorted. “As for Alec…”
“Traitors never prosper,” Bond said coldly. “He made his bed, Bill.”
“What a way to go,” Tanner reached into his pocket and held out a pack of cigarettes. The box said MORLANDS across a coat of arms. “Here.”
Bond smiled. “Thanks.”
“See you back in Blighty.”
After Tanner left Bond returned attention to the open page of the Times. it was the obituary column. Across the top in bold print read: LT. CMDR. ALEC TREVELYAN RN MC. A whole page on him ending with: “…he died on active service. He was unmarried and had no immediate family.”
When the nurse came in she found Bond asleep, the paper across his chest. She folded it and put it on the bedside desk. Tutting, she put the cigarette box on top and then turned out the light. Going to the window she peeked through the blinds seeing the not too distant stretch of Berlin Wall bathed in graffiti, light and partygoers. Shaking her head she went back downstairs.

END

James Bond will return
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:31 pm

Beautiful ending, Hilly. Truly the end of an era. Would have been brilliant to see the historical events play out in a Bond film as they were happening (more or less) in real life. :5*:
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:31 pm

thank you, I'm glad it went down well even at the end.
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 am

EDIT
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Sam Neill's DAD is up for viewing. Passes the time until I can find inspiration for TNL.
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Hilly wrote:
Sam Neill's DAD is up for viewing. Passes the time until I can find inspiration for TNL.

Come to think of it, I do remember your Neill DAD. Nice to read it again though since it had been lost in cyberspace purgatory.

So you've settled on Tomorrow Never (L)ies as the next installment?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 pm

coco1997 wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Come to think of it, I do remember your Neill DAD. Nice to read it again though since it had been lost in cyberspace purgatory.

So you've settled on Tomorrow Never (L)ies as the next installment?

It's possible. Right now my title factory has died a swift death. It'll be 'Dalton' again. First proper early 90s outing...like it matters :)
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:54 am

Hilly wrote:
It's possible. Right now my title factory has died a swift death. It'll be 'Dalton' again. First proper early 90s outing...like it matters :)

Excellent. Very intrigued to see what you come up with.

I suppose bookending things with a TWINE/Skyfall adaptation (they're practically the same movie) would be a proper sendoff for Dalton. ;)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Ideas are germinating as I came home today. Of stolen GPS whatsits and floppy discs, of navies on the move and the rest. Just need a title, so a quick rummage of the titles thread and maybe an opening salvo on Friday.

In the meantime you'll have to make do with the other stuff floating hereabouts. :)
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:52 pm

I think I can wait until Friday. laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:15 pm

James Bond will return in "THE CRIMSON HOUR

I should thank Khan for this, I browsed the "What Would You Title Bond 24?" thread and this leapt out, slapped me and said: Title!
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 3:09 am

Awesome! Love the title! 8)
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Given the inspiration for this work, I thought it appropriate to post this here:

RIP Michael France

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:33 pm

Already posted here. :)

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t2447-goldneye-screenwriter-michael-france-dies-at-51

Don't be scared of visiting other parts of the forum. As a tip, I suggest bookmarking "View posts since last visit."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"   Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate" - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Timothy Dalton -"A Whisper of Hate"
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5