More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?

Go down 
+10
Professor Train
KingCobra686
hegottheboot
AMC Hornet
Gravity's Silhouette
Blunt Instrument
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Perilagu Khan
CJB
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?    Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:29 am

Totally agreed on more Pushkin.
Heck I always get pissed when re-watching GE that they just kill off Mishkin and then Orumov. Keeping the latter alive would have set up an interesting burned Gen. who would then assist 007 in obliterating the Cuban base.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?    Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 6:07 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Indeed Rhys-Davies does an excellent job as Pushkin, and his disgust and contempt of Whitaker's pretensions really do make that scene. Shame an arrangement couldn't have been made for his return in GE (he wanted a bigger part than Mishkin's few scenes, no?). Would have made for the perfect Cold War double bill, TLD and GE.

He would have been MUCH better than Tcheky, who, I thought, was a real weak spot in GE.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?    Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 12:40 am

I think there would be a nice little bit of poignancy when Bond says "no one ever takes the time to do a serious interrogation anymore. It's a lost art" had it been Pushkin, given the excellent scene in TLD between Bond and Leonid.

That said, I think I'm more curious about Pushkin's return as Zukovsky's character, though we'd have to lose the excellent 'I gave him the limp' line.

As for Tcheky, I like his steeliness, and how he plays off both Ourumov and Bond.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?    Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 4:08 am

To me, Tcheky just didn't have the heaviness or gravitas to be the Soviet Minister of Defense. Should have been an actor with a real touch of menace. Maybe it was Tcheky's high-pitched voice that queered the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?    Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 1:36 pm

If anything I think he could have played Molotov in a film (non-Bond at that).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?    Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brad Whitaker and General Georgi Koskov in The Living Daylights?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2