More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Go down 
+20
Harmsway
Hilly
Louis Armstrong
Prisoner Monkeys
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
Blunt Instrument
Control
Largo's Shark
Lazenby.
tiffanywint
GeneralGogol
The White Tuxedo
MBalje
lalala2004
FourDot
Makeshift Python
Tubes
Fairbairn-Sykes
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Hint: "Never!" is the correct answer.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:01 pm

I guess you're right. Tux, you're better off watching a more fun and exciting flick like SUPERMAN RETURNS.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:48 pm

I may see it tomorrow as a matinee. I've been planning on a weekday matinee, to avoid the crowds.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:43 pm

It's sort of a rule of mine to watch supehero flicks as matinees, keeping up the old tradition of those 1940s comic book serials.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:38 am

I just hate people.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:44 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I just hate people.

Don't we all my man, don't we all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:45 am

Shame. I always thought comic book movies are best experienced in a crowded theater. Everything gets amplified a bit. Hell, a crowded opening night had me convinced that X-MEN: THE LAST STAND was actually good.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:47 am

It al depends. I miss ArcLight in LA. You get to reserve an exact seat, and it's stadium seating with your own armrests. It costs a little more from what I recall, but it filters out the unwashed masses who use the cinema as a babysitter while their children are yelling and carrying on the whole movie.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Mon May 21, 2012 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:47 am

Tubes wrote:
Shame. I always thought comic book movies are best experienced in a crowded theater. Everything gets amplified a bit. Hell, a crowded opening night had me convinced that X-MEN: THE LAST STAND was actually good.

Queerly I think the same about Revenge of the Sith
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:48 am

Tubes wrote:

Nah. Crowded theaters allow GroupThink and heard mentality. In those kinda situations, when the crowd cheers, I boo.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:49 am

Sharky wrote:
Nah. Crowded theaters allow GroupThink and heard mentality. In those kinda situations, when the crowd cheers, I boo.

We need a private box.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 StatlerandWaldorf
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:52 am

Tubes wrote:
Shame. I always thought comic book movies are best experienced in a crowded theater. Everything gets amplified a bit.
Agreed. That's a large part of why I enjoyed THE AVENGERS so much. Big, loud blockbusters are made to be viewed with big, energetic crowds.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:54 am

Well, I'm going to a cinema that I can walk to that mostly shows art films, and they don't have stadium seating.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:58 am

Tubes wrote:

Craziest thing about the showing I went to was that most of everyone hated it. laugh There was so many "aw come on!"s , the one that everyone dug however was "I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!".
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:59 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Tubes wrote:

Craziest thing about the showing I went to was that most of everyone hated it. laugh

Give me the address.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:02 am

I'm just not a "shared experience" kinda guy.

I also like to be able to pause the movie if I have to pee. Now if I could control the movie at a cinema I would go just to see the reaction.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:04 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I hate watching movies alone.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:07 am

Sharky wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:
Tubes wrote:

Craziest thing about the showing I went to was that most of everyone hated it. laugh

Give me the address.

It's the Aliso Viejo Edwards Cinema 20. Don't go there as much as I used to. I do remember at that same multiplex SPIDER-MAN 3 had a lot of people laughing at moments that were unintentionally funny like Tobey's acting, the butler exposition, Tobey crying, pretty anything Tobey did in that flick.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:39 am

Harmsway wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
I hate watching movies alone.

I love it. I can watch them with other people, but I'm not fan of big crowds.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 6:34 am

I generally like watching movies on my own. I can follow them better than when I'm with someone. For example, I saw INCEPTION with my brother and he kept asking me what was happening. I hate it when that happens. Ask me after the movie.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:51 am

The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 Tumblr_m3qn9lJnBl1rtiwlao2_500
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:45 am

A U/ PG/12A movie with a kid-heavy audience and those bucket-sized soft drinks are a lethal combo at the cinema ... a constant parade of the little fuckers being taken to and from the toilet can make concentrating on what's unfolding onscreen pretty difficult.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:39 pm

The Avengers (2012)

So that's it? That's what they built up to? That's what they ruined IRON MAN 2, shat out THE INCREDIBLE HULK, and marred CAPTAIN AMERICA for?

Joss Whedon needs to stick to television, and honestly FIREFLY is the only thing he's done that I can stand. This was like a TV movie of the week for SyFy with movie stars and a budget.

MARVEL-O-Meter

1. HULK
2. THOR
3. IRON MAN
4. THE AVENGERS
5. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
6. IRON MAN 2
7. FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER
8. FANTASTIC FOUR
9. THE INCREDIBLE HULK

Granted, it's not that far down the list. The only thing that really elevates it for me is the pacing and action.

Okay. Let me try to be organize with my thoughts...

-I really wish Joss Whedon had not been left alone to write the dialogue. He doesn't write characters, he writes caricatures. And pretty much everyone has his self-satisfied, and frankly generally annoying, sense of humor. Nobody is allowed to have their own sense of humor, they're all telling Joss Whedon jokes. Can he write anything without turning it into a joke? I think the story and plot are pretty sound, and the characters are juggled pretty well in terms of screen time and working together. If only this movie had a different screenwriter.

-The characters. They just don't have much depth in my opinion. In their own films, they're well defined. I think RDJ fares by far the worst. He's no longer as loose and spontaneous as he is in his own movies. He seems rather constrained here. I'd say Cap and Hulk fare the best. Thor doesn't come off all that well to me here. Hawkeye is just sorta there. I'd say Black Widow probably comes away the best in this film from a writing standpoint.

I'll maybe come back to this later. All in all, it's a decent light entertainment to me. Sorta like the FF movies. But unlike those, I felt this could have been more. And it's curiously uninvolving.

And I'm tempted to bump it below CAP and IRON MAN 2. It's just that the action seems better, and the pacing a little more.... agreeable.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:50 am

That's too bad you didn't enjoy it that much, I had a blast with the flick. I didn't think it was too jokey, not all the characters are given zingers. Captain America for the most part remains pretty straight laced especially which is what I liked about him.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:58 am

I don't know how I'd feel if I saw it again (and I have no real interest in doing so). But I saw it opening night with an energetic crowd and I had a blast, which is all you can really ask for from a film as flimsy as this.

I don't think it's really any more or less flimsy than its Marvel predecessors (excluding HULK). All of 'em are kinda lame enough to be worthy of being consigned to the bargain bin at Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe   The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Cinematic Universe
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next