More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)

Go down 
+27
bondfan06
lachesis
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
G section
Stamper
GeneralGogol
Jack Wade
Prisoner Monkeys
Louis Armstrong
Loomis
trevanian
Santa
saint mark
Makeshift Python
Lazenby.
Control
CJB
FourDot
Largo's Shark
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
Harmsway
The White Tuxedo
Salomé
retrokitty
Fairbairn-Sykes
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) Empty
PostSubject: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:20 pm

"While 'Alien' was indeed the jumping-off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place," he said. "The keen fan will recognize strands of 'Alien' 's DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart."
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Who said this? Has part of the OP gone astray?
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:20 pm

ambler wrote:
Who said this? Has part of the OP gone astray?

Ridley Scott said it...

There are several sites that contain the quote but this one might be more thorough:

When is an 'Alien' prequel not an 'Alien' prequel? When it's 'Prometheus'! <<---- oh yea... that's a link.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Does this have a chance to be genuinely good? I find it a bit odd that Ridley Scott chooses to revisit the movie that made his reputation at this stage of his career. I can only assume he was given the opportunity to helm several of the sequels, yet he comes back to it after it has been tainted by a few sub-par installments and the terrible AVN series.

The cast looks very good though:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Salomé wrote:
Does this have a chance to be genuinely good? I find it a bit odd that Ridley Scott chooses to revisit the movie that made his reputation at this stage of his career. I can only assume he was given the opportunity to helm several of the sequels, yet he comes back to it after it has been tainted by a few sub-par installments and the terrible AVN series.

The cast looks very good though:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

:)

I think the first is a masterpiece of filmed science fiction, the second is an above-average and very enjoyable entry into the action/sci-fi genre, and the third is a compromised but nonetheless quite interesting and different film. Hell, I'd even take RESURRECTION over much of what's coming out in the genre now. I recall almost enjoying it in a madcap sorta way.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:57 am

I was surprised by how much of the Comic Con footage appeared to directly channel the original film, complete with some recreated H. R. Giger sets. I'm guessing PROMETHEUS has a somewhat bigger scope than some of the other films, and that it doesn't fall neatly into a monsters-vs.-people narrative, but it still appears to be a prequel through and through.

That said, I hope it's decent. Big, adult sci-fi films rarely come along.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:39 am

It is strange but I always saw Alien primarily as a horror flick, or series of, with a more or less pronounced sf setting. The story would work as well with a maritime setting and the sf angle is nowhere necessary IMO. I wonder if this Prometheus will change that for me. Going to see it.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 am

Yeah, ALIEN and ALIEN 3 were horror sci-fi, but ALIENS and ALIEN: RESURRECTION were more action sci-fi I would say.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:44 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:

I think the first is a masterpiece of filmed science fiction, the second is an above-average and very enjoyable entry into the action/sci-fi genre, and the third is a compromised but nonetheless quite interesting and different film. Hell, I'd even take RESURRECTION over much of what's coming out in the genre now. I recall almost enjoying it in a madcap sorta way.

The first is a masterpiece. In fact, the scene where Brett goes looking for Jones (the cat) and you see the chains gently swaying from the ceiling, and water dripping, and the creature smoothly coming down to the ground to grab Brett, and Jones hisses at the alien behind Brett....is one of the best scenes in the movie and of any other movie. To me, it's much more interesting than the initial chest-burster scene precisely because it uses tension and a fear of foreboding and the unknown, instead of gore and blood and guts.

If I had to live on a desert island and only take 10 movies with me, Alien would be in the Top 10. Definitely in the Top 5.

I'm glad Scott's taking another stab at the alien franchise, despite what their press releases are calling it. Better Scott than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:14 pm

We have an official synopsis:

Quote :
Ridley Scott, director of “Alien” and “Blade Runner,” returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

And Damon Lindelof talks a bit about the characters.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 pm

I still don't understand this!

Is it an Alien movie or not?

the original script that was handed to Ridley was about the Alien Space Jockey (which I was excited about) but that has been dropped!
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:17 pm

It's an ALIEN movie. They're just marketing it as if it's not.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Harmsway wrote:

Sort of like Quantum of Solace; it was a Bond movie, but the producers and directors wanted to pretend that it was not.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Harmsway wrote:
We have an official synopsis:

Quote :
Ridley Scott, director of “Alien” and “Blade Runner,” returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

And Damon Lindelof talks a bit about the characters.

Damon Lindelof wrote:
It's a remix ….

🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:00 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Harmsway wrote:

Sort of like Quantum of Solace; it was a Bond movie, but the producers and directors wanted to pretend that it was not.

laugh

Have to say Oppers is right about the cast - looks to be about the best ensemble for a while. Hope they're not wasted.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Wouldn't the opposite be true? QUANTUM OF SOLACE wasn't a Bond movie, but everyone pretended it was.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:08 pm

He's playing with our minds, Gravitas.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:07 am

Harmsway wrote:
Harmsway wrote:
Wouldn't the opposite be true? QUANTUM OF SOLACE wasn't a Bond movie, but everyone pretended it was.

No, QOS is a Bond movie; I'll give it that. It has a character named Bond, a boss named M, international locations, action, spying, beautiful women, etc....but as I and others have asserted for a while now, it seems at times that EON (and by "EON" I mean Barbara Broccoli) feels ashamed or embarrassed to be associated with Bond and feel a need to make it appear more than what the series actually is. I'm not saying Bond is low-grade fluff, but would you hire a sous-chef to run the drive-thru of your local McDonalds? Why does the 007 series need "auteur" directors such as Forster or Menses?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:11 pm

I swear to God!

The expectations for this film are so high especially with a stellar cast that includes Theron and Rapace and Pearce and Fassbender!

This movie better not sucks or it will be the end of Ridley's career as a director!!
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Try one cup instead of two in the morning, j7. ;)

Even if this tanks, Scott's had misfires and has still been directing steadily for over 30 years, with half of his filmography being in the last decade. Has be become a hack, or at least boring? Maybe. But in jeopardy his career ain't.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 2:50 pm

EW has PROMETHEUS pics.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Leaked Trailer:

http://www.multiupload.com/D8FDJ3V2OQ

:cheers:

I hope FOX fixes this before they release it, there is a spelling typo in the end
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Could be it's end?

laugh
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:27 am

should be its
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:36 am

Should be tits. That's what we merry men want from you j7, not poorly recorded teaser trailers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)   The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012) Empty

Back to top Go down

The ALIEN Series / Prometheus (2012)
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next