More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Duran Duran

Go down 
+5
Lazenby.
boldfinger
Largo's Shark
Blunt Instrument
Gravity's Silhouette
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Duran Duran - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 11:44 pm

m

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 12:38 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Not seen a two-CD best-of before. What's the difference in track listing from the 1998 (and incomplete) Greatest?

There are a number of 2-cd collections...the one above concentrates on the old school era alone. I'm sure these were handpicked by some chick in EMI Italy.

Duran Duran - Page 2 Best_of
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 12:43 am

mj

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 12:59 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Ta for that. Looks good - a few lesser-known choices as you say. Yeah, there are budget price greatest hits around, but this is the only 2-CD I've seen from EMI. Is it definitely official?

Yeah, apparently it was only available through a magazine order in conjunction with EMI

http://duranduran.wikia.com/wiki/Best_Of

Love how it wraps up with Khanada...one of my top 5 b-sides

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 1:09 am

By the way Ambler, if you're only interested in authentic label issues...the first Duran Duran album was re-released in 2010 with loads of bonuses. I got this one for $8.95...

Duran Duran - Page 2 Duran
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:41 pm

n

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:00 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Cheers, Dog, I liked it when Duran had arty pretensions, and Khanada is typical of that period.

There's a funny moment in The Shield where Dutch sings along to Hungry Like A Wolf, unaware he's being filmed. Only a shit-quality version of YouTube tho'.

Bruce Campbell did his Old Spice ad with his take on Hungry too...

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Having dealt with Italy, I switched to Brazil. This one is another mish-mash but conveniently puts Ordinary World, Come Undone and Lay Lady Lay on one cd. Those 3 were worth the whole lot.

Duran Duran - Page 2 BrazilDuran Duran - Page 2 Brazil2
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 9:06 pm

n

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Excellent account of the tortured process behind recording seven and the ragged tiger. Coproducer Ian Little is refreshingly frank about Duran's abilities and problems at that stage in their career.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul04/articles/classictracks.htm

Here's a band account too

https://soundcloud.com/duranduran/duran-duran-discuss-the-making
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Widely touted to be the 'Holy Grail' of DD albums, this limited set was released exclusively in Japan in 1991 and has been priced as high as US$225. The only way to get these 12' compilations previously was on 12' vinyl records.

Got an extra one on Ebay for $20  jump

Duran Duran - Page 2 Image
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 10:54 pm

n

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:33 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:
Here's a band account too

The band speak quite objectively, but I'd say Ragged was their 'difficult' album. By then, I was more interested in Krautrock, Kraftwerk, New Order and Simple Minds, and, like a lot of people,  I didn't come back to Duran until The Wedding Album. Warren Cuccurullo managed to make Duran both sexy and relevant again, which is a difficult trick.

Warren was awesome...but he was also a bitch. On the plus side, he'd mingle with fans...but on the bad side, he'd bash his colleagues with those same fans. But make no mistake about it, TWA and the band's comeback would have never been posible without him.

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 5:06 pm

What the fuck is Lindsay Lohan doing in a recording studio with Duran Duran?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/what-lindsay-lohan-doing-recording-4770533

Duran Duran - Page 2 Lindsay-Lohan

Duran Duran - Page 2 XLzdb69

It looks like Lindsay Lohan could have something of the musical variety up her sleeve if her latest Instagram snap is anything to go by.

The Mean Girls actress posted a picture of herself and her sister Ali Lohan alongside two legendary members of Duran Duran, vocalist Simon Le Bon and keyboard player Nick Rhodes.

Lindsay looked relaxed as she leaned against Simon's shoulder wearing a slouchy jumper and black overcoat.

Meanwhile, Ali showed off her trim figure in a fitted monochrome two-piece, finished off with a statement 'do and a super blunt fringe.

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 7:38 am

New song "Pressure Off' is about to go on radio...new album Paper Gods due in early September 2015.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 9:28 am

n

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 2:26 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

Any pics of the the sticker sheet for Paper Gods Deluxe yet, Dog?

I think it's the same as those cheesy images shown on the Pressure Off video...like a 2 yr old got her hands on some clip art with a cone and a tiger and lips.

And there's more than one deluxe edition too...

http://store.warnermusic.com/deluxe-fan-edition-cd.html
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:16 am

Does this mean you are back, DB? :)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 12:15 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

Any pics of the the sticker sheet for Paper Gods Deluxe yet, Dog?

I think it's the same as those cheesy images shown on the Pressure Off video...like a 2 yr old got her hands on some clip art with a cone and a tiger and lips.

And there's more than one deluxe edition too...

http://store.warnermusic.com/deluxe-fan-edition-cd.html

I see there's one version at $34.99 that comes with a Paper Gods tee. Probably a better deal than buying a tour tee at the venues, which will likely be around $30/£25 on its own.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:05 am

Salomé wrote:
Does this mean you are back, DB? :)

Got some personal matters dealt with so I'll be around thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Hate PRESSURE OFF. Sounds like it's either trying too hard or not trying hard enough, something just sounds off with it. Lyrics sound clunky, naff, crap and generic, like old men trying to sound young, something just rubs the wrong way with this track. Disappointing, as I loved the last album, but maybe that return to old ground should have remained a one-off. Can't sense any mileage in reworking the NOTORIOUS era.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:00 pm

x

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:23 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
I agree Pressure Off is no classic, but it's hardly worthy of hate.

And therein lies my problem with it. I want a classic. The band needs a classic if they want to remain with Warner Records. But Pressure Off can't compare to any of the real classics they've produced over the past 35 years.

Done live, it's almost...embarassing. I'm hoping the rest of the album delivers...it won't be the first time I thought the first single from a new album was a wussy.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 11:02 am

c

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:05 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Atmospheric remix of The Chauffeur:

From 4:12 it has a rare beauty. Sing blue silver ...

The only thing more eerie...that pic on the video is my desktop wallpaper! eek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duran Duran   Duran Duran - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Duran Duran
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next