More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond

Go down 
+20
Flush
Jack Wade
jet set willy
lachesis
Campbell4
CJB
Moore
Blunt Instrument
Makeshift Python
Harmsway
Hilly
Stamper
Salomé
Prisoner Monkeys
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Xenia93
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Vesper
bitchcraft
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

The Name's Elba, Idris Elba -for Bond
Yes
Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 Vote_lcap30%Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 8 ]
No
Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 Vote_lcap67%Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 18 ]
Indifferent
Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 Vote_lcap3%Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:35 am

No it will be ok because Kotto is black…
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:03 am

FieldsMan wrote:
No it will be ok because Kotto is black…

Still wouldn't surprise me if it happened though, until one of the PC brigade suddenly realised Yaphet himself was black.

Even then, they'd probably still stand by their pathetic comments...with a `blacks can still be racist too, y' know!' etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

Location : For it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 10:52 am

Stupid idea if you ask me. Nobody can tell what they will come up with in the future. But seriously, Elba? Really??? No, thanks for me.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:19 am

FieldsMan wrote:
And Yaphet Kotto has chimed in also…

MI6 wrote:
"James Bond cannot be black," actor Yaphet Kotto told The Big Issue last week, whilst commenting on the perpetual rumour that Idris Elba could take over from Daniel Craig (even though he would be too old).

"Political correctness be damned, we have to stay with what is literally correct. James Bond was established by Ian Fleming as a white character and played by white actors. It’s silly. Play 003 or 006 but you cannot be 007."

He added: "A lot of people say black actors should be allowed to play everything. Don’t be ridiculous. If I say I want to play JFK I should be laughed out the room."

Kotto played Dr. Kananga in the 1973 film "Live And Let Die."

Interesting, given the controversy Kotto caused during the LALD shoot when he was photographed giving the Black Panther salute.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:47 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
And Yaphet Kotto has chimed in also…

MI6 wrote:
"James Bond cannot be black," actor Yaphet Kotto told The Big Issue last week, whilst commenting on the perpetual rumour that Idris Elba could take over from Daniel Craig (even though he would be too old).

"Political correctness be damned, we have to stay with what is literally correct. James Bond was established by Ian Fleming as a white character and played by white actors. It’s silly. Play 003 or 006 but you cannot be 007."

He added: "A lot of people say black actors should be allowed to play everything. Don’t be ridiculous. If I say I want to play JFK I should be laughed out the room."

Kotto played Dr. Kananga in the 1973 film "Live And Let Die."

Interesting, given the controversy Kotto caused during the LALD shoot when he was photographed giving the Black Panther salute.

I also read somewhere that all the black members of the cast in LALD weren't allowed to be at the premiere. If that's true, and Kotto wasn't allowed to be there, then I find it all the more surprising.
Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:45 pm

They were not allowed? Whose permission would they need? Or were they not invited to the premiere? Can't really imagine either, I tend to be cautiously sceptic when I hear such stories. I'd think both would be scandalous in the extreme.

Kotto is from another generation, I'm not so surprised he's not hot to see a black Bond, that's really a very modern idea that's mainly hyped for the benefit of headlines I should think.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:22 pm

You got me there… Not sure actually - could be that they weren't invited. Will investigate peeping tom
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:37 pm

SarahN wrote:
They were not allowed? Whose permission would they need? Or were they not invited to the premiere? Can't really imagine either, I tend to be cautiously sceptic when I hear such stories.

Now that's the sort of skeptical attitude I approve of. wink
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:55 pm

SarahN wrote:

They were not allowed? Whose permission would they need? Or were they not invited to the premiere? Can't really imagine either, I tend to be cautiously sceptic when I hear such stories. I'd think both would be scandalous in the extreme.

Kotto is from another generation, I'm not so surprised he's not hot to see a black Bond, that's really a very modern idea that's mainly hyped for the benefit of headlines I should think.

Briefly mentions it here: http://supposedlyfun.com/2014/08/16/the-bond-movie-series-live-and-let-die/

Apparently Kotto has confirmed that he wasn't able to do press or be at the premiere (according to IMDB).
Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Quote :
even if Yaphet Kotto was allegedly prohibited from attending the premiere or even doing press for the film because producers were afraid of public backlash if it was revealed that the villain is black.

Highly improbable, this explanation. Everybody who had read the book would be aware, all the media coverage would already have trumpeted this. But I do recall having read Kotto was politically active and sympathised with the Black Panthers. Possibly Saltzman and Broccoli were nervous about this, but this is mere speculation on my part. They liked to avoid trouble whenever possible. I doubt such would be possible today though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 2:50 pm

SarahN wrote:
Quote :
even if Yaphet Kotto was allegedly prohibited from attending the premiere or even doing press for the film because producers were afraid of public backlash if it was revealed that the villain is black.

Highly improbable, this explanation. Everybody who had read the book would be aware, all the media coverage would already have trumpeted this. But I do recall having read Kotto was politically active and sympathised with the Black Panthers. Possibly Saltzman and Broccoli were nervous about this, but this is mere speculation on my part. They liked to avoid trouble whenever possible. I doubt such would be possible today though.

Maybe this episode is covered in Roger Moore's diary of making LALD? I don't have a copy.

Maybe Kotto had a salary dispute with Eon? I seem to recall he was pissed off about something or other.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 4:35 pm

FieldsMan wrote:

I also read somewhere that all the black members of the cast in LALD weren't allowed to be at the premiere. If that's true, and Kotto wasn't allowed to be there, then I find it all the more surprising.

You can be a black actor not invited to the premiere and still not think 007 should be played by a black actor; they are two mutually exclusive things.

But I may be able to shed some light on this. I did a very long interview with Glorida Hendry back in 2000 that may be cached on the Internet somewhere; I'll have to try and dig it out. She did mention that she was removed from promotional literature and materials in South Africa (which was to be expected at the time) and her love scene with Roger Moore was removed from the film on the screen and on tv. All of that was done by the government; don't think EON had any hand in it.

I don't know if she was treated like that anywhere else by any other government; don't recall what she said about how she was perceived by people in New Orleans or The South in general. I distinctly remember, though, her telling me that the film opportunities that had started to come about in the early 70's for black actors and actresses (which LALD took advantage of) collapsed on itself not because of white disinterest, but because of black special interests who felt that the movies being made represented black people in a poor light. It was internal pressure from within the black-American community that killed the "blaxploitation" era (though she referred to it as a "black renaissance"). In the late 90's she was working with Quentin Tarantino on a book/movie that would chronicle the rise and fall of black talent in the early 70's as the genre peaked by LALD and then cratered, leaving a whole host of unemployed black actors and actresses out of work, on the streets, homeless, poor and eventually drug-addicts. The project obviously hasn't been made yet. Would've been sort of a "Boogie Nights" set against the backdrop of the early 70's "blaxploitation" period.

I think Kotto's black power salute (IIRC) was a bit of a bone thrown at black activists who might've accused him of "selling out" by doing a Bond film as the villain. "Black Power" was a movement back at the time and I"m not going to infer to much into it; it was what it was at the time that it was.

Mankiewicz did want Diana Ross for the role of Solitaire, but I think the studio thought that might be just one black element too many in an already cutting-edge Bond film with a new actor in it.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 4:59 pm

Kotto is clearly a thinking individual where the Bond role is concerned and isn't about pushing thinly disguised agendas. Unlike Kanye West.

1973 was an unfortunate era for him. Roger Moore also got some shit for going to South Africa to film the Wild Geese a few years later. Still his best non Bond movie ever.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:52 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Kotto is clearly a thinking individual where the Bond role is concerned and isn't about pushing thinly disguised agendas. Unlike Kanye West.

1973 was an unfortunate era for him. Roger Moore also got some shit for going to South Africa to film the Wild Geese a few years later. Still his best non Bond movie ever.

Agreed (as I usually do with you on most things Doggie). Wild Geese is a superb film, and definitely Moore's best non-Bond film.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 1:02 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

You can be a black actor not invited to the premiere and still not think 007 should be played by a black actor; they are two mutually exclusive things.

But I may be able to shed some light on this. I did a very long interview with Glorida Hendry back in 2000 that may be cached on the Internet somewhere; I'll have to try and dig it out. She did mention that she was removed from promotional literature and materials in South Africa (which was to be expected at the time) and her love scene with Roger Moore was removed from the film on the screen and on tv. All of that was done by the government; don't think EON had any hand in it.

I don't know if she was treated like that anywhere else by any other government; don't recall what she said about how she was perceived by people in New Orleans or The South in general. I distinctly remember, though, her telling me that the film opportunities that had started to come about in the early 70's for black actors and actresses (which LALD took advantage of) collapsed on itself not because of white disinterest, but because of black special interests who felt that the movies being made represented black people in a poor light. It was internal pressure from within the black-American community that killed the "blaxploitation" era (though she referred to it as a "black renaissance"). In the late 90's she was working with Quentin Tarantino on a book/movie that would chronicle the rise and fall of black talent in the early 70's as the genre peaked by LALD and then cratered, leaving a whole host of unemployed black actors and actresses out of work, on the streets, homeless, poor and eventually drug-addicts. The project obviously hasn't been made yet. Would've been sort of a "Boogie Nights" set against the backdrop of the early 70's "blaxploitation" period.

I think Kotto's black power salute (IIRC) was a bit of a bone thrown at black activists who might've accused him of "selling out" by doing a Bond film as the villain. "Black Power" was a movement back at the time and I"m not going to infer to much into it; it was what it was at the time that it was.

Mankiewicz did want Diana Ross for the role of Solitaire, but I think the studio thought that might be just one black element too many in an already cutting-edge Bond film with a new actor in it.

Interesting stuff… Though with your last point about Solitaire, Broccoli and Saltzman agreed that they should keep Solitaire white, like in Fleming's novel.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:45 am

FieldsMan wrote:

Interesting stuff… Though with your last point about Solitaire, Broccoli and Saltzman agreed that they should keep Solitaire white, like in Fleming's novel.

I interviewed her at a Bond convention in, of all places, New Orleans, in late September 2000 and into early October (it was a FRI/SAT/SUN night long weekend) for my website, 007Forever.com, that had helped put together the fan meet. Had a great dinner with her and other Bond fans at a restaurant on Bourbon Street and I've got pictures of me somewhere in the attic with the two of us sitting side by side. Gloria Hendry was very nice and accommodating; Bruce Glover was a little...unusual. She addressed about 150(?) Bond fans at a Sunday (?) morning brunch overlooking the Mississippi River. I remember we had mimosas and the biggest buffet I had ever seen (they really know how to do it up big in New Orleans). I mean, the moonlight buffet  at Harrah's was massive. And this brunch we had included omelets anyway you wanted them...crawfish, steak....delicious. That trip was actually one of the best experiences I had and Miss Hendry was very nice and friendly with the crowd. I have nothing but great memories of that weekend.

She recalled her experiences working on LALD and I don't remember any dissatisfaction. Seemed to like everyone involved, but also understood that she was a pioneer going into unchartered waters for a black actress, as up to that point they had not had any substantial roles in the series. Well, the "pioneer" phrase was something I told her she was; it wasn't something she labeled herself. I remember asking her if she felt that way, and she sort of deferred the answer. I mentioned that by being in a Bond film, even though she was shut out of the marketing in a few countries, was a first step in bringing helpful changes for generations that were to come. I think that was then where the discussion about how the black "renaissance" (as she called it) more or less crushed future opportunities for a lot in the industry. I remember working Halle Berry's name into the discussion (was a huge fan of Berry at the time and this predated SWORDFISH and DAD and X-MEN).

Interestingly, a bunch of the fans went to Harrah's that night and Timothy Dalton was at the casino. I SWEAR TO GOD! LOL! Sorry I missed that :(    I literally had a $2 dollar limit and swore to myself that if I didn't strike it rich at the slots with just $2 I'd give up. So the next night when everybody went back I was too stuffed to eat at the buffet again and didn't want to be tempted to spend any money gambling, so I stayed in and missed seeing Timothy Dalton at the tables surrounded by two bodyguards.

Still, though, I think Solitaire's relationship with Kananga might've been the most audacious element of the movie for that time because it was an upfront, in-your-face black-white relationship that touched upon all the sexual stereotypes of black men for white women. Ultimately the movie wasn't trying to send a big political message, but simply to have some fun. Still, I have to admit, I was a little surprised back in 2002 when DAD came out and someone on alt.fan.james-bond (maybe?) titled a post: "So Bond corn-holes a negress" (or something similar). I thought maybe we'd gotten past that point by 2002.
Back to top Go down
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Damn I did not ever thought about Hale Berry as a woman of color. Until I read your post. To me, she was a woman. All pussy inside is the same color.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:19 am

Stamper wrote:
All pussy inside is the same color.

Who knew?

Any of you guys squatting over mirrors to check out your manginas?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:32 am

I interviewed her at a Bond convention in, of all places, New Orleans, in late September 2000 and into early October (it was a FRI/SAT/SUN night long weekend) for my website, 007Forever.com, that had helped put together the fan meet. Had a great dinner with her and other Bond fans at a restaurant on Bourbon Street and I've got pictures of me somewhere in the attic with the two of us sitting side by side. Gloria Hendry was very nice and accommodating; Bruce Glover was a little...unusual. She addressed about 150(?) Bond fans at a Sunday (?) morning brunch overlooking the Mississippi River. I remember we had mimosas and the biggest buffet I had ever seen (they really know how to do it up big in New Orleans). I mean, the moonlight buffet  at Harrah's was massive. And this brunch we had included omelets anyway you wanted them...crawfish, steak....delicious. That trip was actually one of the best experiences I had and Miss Hendry was very nice and friendly with the crowd. I have nothing but great memories of that weekend.

She recalled her experiences working on LALD and I don't remember any dissatisfaction. Seemed to like everyone involved, but also understood that she was a pioneer going into unchartered waters for a black actress, as up to that point they had not had any substantial roles in the series. Well, the "pioneer" phrase was something I told her she was; it wasn't something she labeled herself. I remember asking her if she felt that way, and she sort of deferred the answer. I mentioned that by being in a Bond film, even though she was shut out of the marketing in a few countries, was a first step in bringing helpful changes for generations that were to come. I think that was then where the discussion about how the black "renaissance" (as she called it) more or less crushed future opportunities for a lot in the industry. I remember working Halle Berry's name into the discussion (was a huge fan of Berry at the time and this predated SWORDFISH and DAD and X-MEN).

Interestingly, a bunch of the fans went to Harrah's that night and Timothy Dalton was at the casino. I SWEAR TO GOD! LOL! Sorry I missed that :(    I literally had a $2 dollar limit and swore to myself that if I didn't strike it rich at the slots with just $2 I'd give up. So the next night when everybody went back I was too stuffed to eat at the buffet again and didn't want to be tempted to spend any money gambling, so I stayed in and missed seeing Timothy Dalton at the tables surrounded by two bodyguards.

Still, though, I think Solitaire's relationship with Kananga might've been the most audacious element of the movie for that time because it was an upfront, in-your-face black-white relationship that touched upon all the sexual stereotypes of black men for white women. Ultimately the movie wasn't trying to send a big political message, but simply to have some fun. Still, I have to admit, I was a little surprised back in 2002 when DAD came out and someone on alt.fan.james-bond (maybe?) titled a post: "So Bond corn-holes a negress" (or something similar). I thought maybe we'd gotten past that point by 2002.

You should do a separate thread on this, Gravity. It'd be interesting to read about your interviews/experiences with past Bond stars, especially Glover. After reading his social media posts, I'm convinced that he's gone absolutely insane.

I think Ambler interviewed Vladek Sheybal, which is another experience I'd also be interested in reading about.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:57 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Stamper wrote:

Who knew?

Any of you guys squatting over mirrors to check out your manginas?
Liking your new avatar DB.

You do know you are in danger of giving many of the guys here regular wanking material with your naughty piccies.... whistle
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:27 am

Stamper wrote:

Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 Really-surprised-kitty

And Dog Bond/bitchcraft knows exactly the effect her avvy pics have on us, JSW. And by God, don't we love her for it :D .
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 5:01 am

Control wrote:

You should do a separate thread on this, Gravity. It'd be interesting to read about your interviews/experiences with past Bond stars, especially Glover. After reading his social media posts, I'm convinced that he's gone absolutely insane.

I think Ambler interviewed Vladek Sheybal, which is another experience I'd also be interested in reading about.

I should clarify: the pictures of myself and of Gloria Hendry were of us at a dinner table at a restaurant on Bourbon Street and they are in attic storage (not a picture of myself and Gloria in an attic).

I don't have a lot of experiences with Bond stars; just a few. I only ran the site for 4 years and decided to turn it over in 2001 after...well, a bunch of factors. Nothing sexy or mysterious, just for another thread.

I wouldn't say Glover was....awful or terrible. I just remember Hendry being more flexible. She seemed to get the fan experience, whereas Glover, if I recall, might've felt like he was royalty or deserved more or better than what he was getting. They stayed in a very nice hotel; we all did. The Louisiana-Times Picayune came by and did an interview and covered the event. They both were allowed to bring a companion. I think we gave them both an appearance fee and some shopping around money in addition to everything being comped (for which you would expect). They also signed autographs and souvenir artwork and other items for which there was a small fee. But I would use the word "gracious" with Hendry, whereas I might use the word "begrudingly" with Glover. I just don't think he clicked with the whole experience and I wonder what he's done since.

I did a long interview with Patrick Bauchau to commemorate the 15th Anniversary of AVTAK; he was also on a hit show at the time; THE PRETENDER, I believe.

I was indirectly referenced by Kevin McClory in a lawsuit he filed...ummmmm...back in 1997 or 1998???? LOL! Good times!!! He accused me of trying to stalk him through his son, Branwell. It may not have been a lawsuit. It may have been a public relations statement or filing; I remember my "role" in it was very small, as the statement/lawsuit was focused on much bigger issues. I had been talking with Branwell, but then he just sort of dropped out and quit communicating; we never sought each other out; we just happened to bump into each other on the Internet, more or less. You could tell he was conflicted about his father; I think he said his dad had been wasting his entire life trying to pursue more Bond projects and he felt like it had alienated them from each other because it was an obsession almost.

Spoke with Lynn-Holly Johnson a few times, but she was hit-or-miss and never could nail her down (metaphorically speaking) to an interview.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Interesting story about McClory. In that Bond doc, EVERYTHING OR NOTHING, his family also claimed that Bond had become an obsession and something he wouldn't let go of.

Quote :
But I would use the word "gracious" with Hendry, whereas I might use the word "begrudingly" with Glover. I just don't think he clicked with the whole experience and I wonder what he's done since.

Not sure if you have Facebook, but you should follow Bruce Glover's page. He manages it himself and it's absolutely hilarious. His cover photo is a scan of a newspaper clipping on DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER and Glover highlighted the section of the article that praises his performance. He seems to be involved with his son's new film projects (which have apparently premiered at Sundance) and comes off as a proud father. It's sweet. His personal posts are zany and unintelligible, though.

Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 Zf0wbeT

Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 XvhYsfz
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:15 am

It's interesting to note that Kotto's (excellent) opinion on the matter has not been met with claims of 'racism' by black Bond sympathisers and others on the Idris Elba 'black Bond is beautiful' bandwagon.

Apparently it's only politically correct for a black celebrity - with a Bond history that qualifies him to speak on the subject - to silence assholes like Kanye West and others who quite simply have their wires crossed.

Someone invite Kotto to the SPECTRE premiere....
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:48 am

Exactly bitchcraft… And then Roger Moore is crucified for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next