More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond

Go down 
+20
Flush
Jack Wade
jet set willy
lachesis
Campbell4
CJB
Moore
Blunt Instrument
Makeshift Python
Harmsway
Hilly
Stamper
Salomé
Prisoner Monkeys
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Xenia93
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Vesper
bitchcraft
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

The Name's Elba, Idris Elba -for Bond
Yes
Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 Vote_lcap30%Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 8 ]
No
Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 Vote_lcap67%Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 18 ]
Indifferent
Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 Vote_lcap3%Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:07 am

Control wrote:

Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 Zf0wbeT

Don't trust him, Wabbit! Never forget Mrs Whistler.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:41 am

Sendhil Ramamurthy wants be Bond. When I read that I almost thought 'Who?', but dat would be racist. Self-lobotomization for the win.

And I'd set up another fear-of-a-black-planet thread for Jason and Gravity to 'whyohwhy?' in`, but it hardly seems worth it.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sendhil-ramamurthy-interview-play-james-bond-would-be-amazing-1519593
Back to top Go down
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:50 pm

haha looks like Babs sets things back to what they really are

http://www.premiere.fr/Cinema/News-Cinema/Barbara-Broccoli-Daniel-Craig-EST-James-Bond-Fin-de-la-discussion-4257005
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:47 pm

After using Google Translate - 'One can regularly read yet possible successors to the role of advertisements in newspapers. Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender ...

I know. The good side of his ads is that they show the commitment of the public and Bond character to the series, as to be invested in it. So they do all the time suggestions on casting. But in our case, Daniel IS James Bond. End of discussion! Until he himself decides otherwise, we are not, and I even adds absolutely not interested in the idea to consider anyone else in the role.'
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:12 am

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 7:22 pm

The Idris Elba rumors have popped back up.

I was very much in favor of him as James Bond, but I think his window has passed by now.

I would guess that best case scenario, we get Bond 26 in 2021. At that point in time, Idris Elba is 49 years old. I'm sure he'd still be great in the role, but you cannot realistically expect him to do 3-4 films at that age. And I can't see EON going for a one or two movie Bond actor. There was a nine year time gap between movie 1 and movie 4 for Daniel Craig. Realistically speaking, that will probably be the same for Idris Elba. Which would mean he'd be nearly pushing 60 at that point.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Knowing EON, they'd probably wait until 2022 for the anniversary hoopla. IIRC, DAD was intentionally postponed for a 2002 release just so they could do the 40th anniversary thing. I'm sure even if the MGM bankruptcy didn't happen in 2010 they still would have aimed SKYFALL for 2012.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:24 pm

I fear you're right about Elba's age, Sabs. Although at 45, he's only four years older than Ejiofor, Python's choice.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 12:44 am

Early 40s is fine when looking for a new Bond, if they're as youthful as Brosnan and Moore.

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 9:20 am

I just hope they don't fall into the Tom Hiddleston trap. One of the reasons why he works so well as Loki is that he fits the character so well: a younger brother resentful of his older brother's greater popularity and status. But the requirements for James Bond are very different.

It's also why I think he might make a decent Bond villain.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 10:23 am

Salomé wrote:
I just hope they don't fall into the Tom Hiddleston trap. One of the reasons why he works so well as Loki is that he fits the character so well: a younger brother resentful of his older brother's greater popularity and status. But the requirements for James Bond are very different.

It's also why I think he might make a decent Bond villain.

He can be nuBlofeld then.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 11:53 am

Tom Hiddleston's claim to Bond comes from The Night Manager; an awful BBC-social engineering bit of crap.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Oh. I enjoyed that, and thought Hiddleston did well in it.

But then he was badly miscast as a mercenary in that Kong movie he was in.

EDIT: The Hollywood Reporter says a PR person for Fuqua has told them that the conversation between him and Babs never happened and they're not sure how/why the rumour sprung up in the first place. Also, a source in Elba's camp says that no-one involved with Bond has approached him -

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/new-idris-elba-as-james-bond-rumor-is-all-made-up-stuff-1133979
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 11:49 pm

Bruce Feirstein weighs in:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/is-it-time-for-a-black-james-bond-of-course/2018/08/14/8a1dc75e-9fe4-11e8-83d2-70203b8d7b44_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.55d07b74051c
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 12:07 am

I posted this elsewhere but it fits here as well:
You know...perhaps they should make interesting new characters instead of trying to tear down legendary ones?

If you continue down this stupid argument, why for example is Iron Man not portrayed by a performer of another ancestry etc.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 12:13 am

Why they insist a seasoned character has to be a young popular or about to be popular actor is incredibly stupid.
Bond is an older man with years of field experience that made up his character.

Since I can't really stomach the thought of anyone in the accepted age range these days I would just to again say that the fact that Matthew McConaughey is never mentioned for Felix Leiter is criminal. Ever since the supposed acceptance of him as a serious actor it dawned on me he was finally the first actor born to do the steel clawed, sandy haired Texan we all adore justice.
Picture him saying "you Limey bastard" with a grin. It works. Just ignore the stupid Lincoln car commercials.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Always thought Felix was supposed to be likeable. Not sure MM fits that bill.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 7:32 pm

I just picture him with a wily grin and that seems to work. I don't think there's been anyone closer to Fleming's description as a bankable screen actor.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Lee van Cleef would have been the ultimate Felix. I suppose that's not in the cards, though...
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 9:11 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Lee van Cleef would have been the ultimate Felix. I suppose that's not in the cards, though...

Probably still has more charisma than Jeffrey Wright at this point.

The latter certainly found his true calling in Westworld playing a stodgy robot.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 1:12 pm

CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Probably still has more charisma than Jeffrey Wright at this point.

The latter certainly found his true calling in Westworld playing a stodgy robot.

worship
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Hmm.. I would have never have thought of Van Cleef for Felix. That's an interesting idea and I adore his work but I dunno if it would have worked in the context of a Bond film.

Felix is a hard part to cast for. You either have to do Fleming's character or change it for the film's tone-and mostly the films leave little room for Felix to do much of anything. If the early attempts had ever gotten off the ground I could picture a Niven-Mitchum pairing perhaps. (Oh my good lord that should have been in any case...just as Mitchum never got to act with Bogart etc.)

The more I think about it it's a darn shame Niven was never able to do a straight Bond in any context. If you take the straighter bits from CR '67 and marry them to the dark tones of Navarone...it would have absolutely worked. Then again I still wish Cary Grant had been able to do it and despite his advancing age and how the role would have been tailored simply by his screen personality-he could have absolutely done it. If done earlier in the late 50's I can picture a performance that was say 60% T.R. Devlin and 40% Roger O. Thornhill. I do still maintain that his performance as Devlin in NOTORIOUS is the absolute screen precursor to Bond with only a handful of other influences such as Errol Flynn, Ronald Colman, Bogart etc.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 10:55 pm

If Fassbender is unavailable, then I'm all for Cavill as Bond now. His turn in MI: Fallout shows he's maturing into a solid actor, and from what I've seen, he has Connery's twinkle in the eye, Moore's eyebrow, Brosnan's charm, Dalton's focus, Lazenby's brutality and Craig's physicality. I'd probably prefer leaner to stay closer to the books, but doubtful they'll do that after Craig.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 3:17 am

After four films of Daniel Craig grimacing, mumbling, and grumbling I think the argument that Cavill is not a good enough actor to play Bond are null and void.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond   Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony leaks reveal wants for Idris for next Bond
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next