More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Justified - final season

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Justified - final season Empty
PostSubject: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 12:46 pm

What has been your take on this season?

I think it's been a bit hit and miss. The military types working for Markham ended up being something of a red herring.

Most of the very best scenes have involved Wynn Duffy.

It was nice to see Loretta again, though they might be pushing the boundaries of believability with making her Markham's main rival.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Still not got round to watching S3. Not sure why. Maybe I miss Margo Martindale.

I recall you saying a number of Deadwood actors had guested in Justified. Same thing is going on in House of Cards, where both Molly Parker and Kim Dickens are regulars. Unfortunately, they're not given much to do.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 3:08 pm

With Gareth Dillahunt, there was another one this season. But there have been too many to count. Some for just a single episode (e.g. Gerald McRaney, Pruitt Taylor Vince), but others with proper, lengthy story arcs of their own (e.g. Jim Beaver).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Garret Dillahunt, eh? Maybe I should take another look at Justified.

Dillahunt was outstanding in Deadwood. His two characters were so different both in mannerisms and appearance that at first I didn't realise they were played by the same actor.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Season 3 is probably the weakest.

I would rank them such: 2, 4, 1, 5, 3
Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

Location : For it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 3:48 pm

I like the show well enough. Probably mostly for Olyphant to be honest. But it's also solid entertainment in its own right, some intriguing writing there, characters you really want to learn more about.

Why is it then I can't seem to get Elmore Leonard? I tried his first story with Givens. It was a chore, really didn't grip me at all.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:17 am

The series finale was imperfect, but I do feel they got the conclusion to the Raylan-Boyd dynamic right.

I also liked the resolution to the Winona situation, a "happy ending" would not have been true to what they have told us about their relationship these past six seasons.

Sad to see the show go, now where will all the "Deadwood" alumni go to guest star? :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:30 am

Always thought Deadwood's reputation would rise and eventually become the world's fast growing religion. How wrong I was. If anything, it's in danger of being forgotten.

Not enough superheroes or teenagers.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:37 am

When I re-watched it a few years ago, I was struck with how some characters now appear almost too sympathetic. I feel like "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad" steered TV drama to an even darker place, where even the Doctors humanism and Jane's inherent decency would stand out too "positively", for lack of a better word?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Is Mad Men so dark? It's not what I'd call an optimistic show, but that's about it. As for Breaking Bad, I thought it was very funny. Maybe that's just me though.

There's plenty of sympathetic characters in Deadwood. That doesn't mean its take on life is any less harsh.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:01 am

Breaking Bad is very funny. I was more referring to the underlying morality of its characters.

Obviously life in a largely lawless frontier town would be portrayed as harsh. But the altruism and humanism displayed by the doctor and Jane stands out positively compared to more recent dramas.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Justified - final season   Justified - final season Empty

Back to top Go down

Justified - final season
Page 1 of 1