More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why it’s time to kill off James Bond

Go down 
+8
CJB
Makeshift Python
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Blunt Instrument
Staugust
Xenia93
Largo's Shark
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Why it’s time to kill off James Bond Empty
PostSubject: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 3:00 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 3:47 pm

There are a few bits I like, particularly the highlighting of Craig's "blue collar" Bond and the newer films (more or less) lacking the "frivolity and deftness of touch of the original series."
Back to top Go down
Staugust
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Staugust

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 5:13 pm

At least it was a good pithy read. Sadly a lot of it is very true, but that said I have no desire to ever see James Bond killed off. Why, it would be like killing off the golden goose, would it not?!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:06 am

This can be safely filed with all the other 'Bond's time is over' bollocks we've endured down the years.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:51 am

There's a part of me that agrees with the writer, except that Bond shouldn't be killed off.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:14 am

Poorly written article. At first, I thought this clown was attempting to comment on how the franchise addresses real world issues. Instead, he made some empty claims about tax incentives and Vlad Putin.

For the record, I wouldn't mind an article calling for the end of James Bond if the writer could actually present some decent facts and points.

I think it's time for people to stop taking big franchises so fucking seriously. Let the producers have tax breaks or hire minorities for leading roles. As long as the film is entertaining and at least borderline thought-provoking, then I'll keep watching them. I won't hand over my money if EON keeps producing films like QUANTUM OF SOLACE, though. I could get more out of a fucking FAST AND THE FURIOUS film, to be honest. Or I could just sit at home and stream CZECH STREETS XLVIII.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:54 am

It's pretty clear the guy has little familiarity with the Bond films, or films in general. It's been known since day one that EON takes an apolitical approach to their Bond films. Anyone who claims Bond stole from HOME ALONE hasn't a clue what they're talking about. It's too bad that's not true though, cause a movie featuring an 8 year old Macaulay Culkin totting a sawed off shotgun sounds bonkers.

That kind of reminds me of a story Kevin Smith said about a fan approaching him, he mentions that he loves a scene in one of his movies where characters show their scars from sex, which was a homage to JAWS, and then asks "did you borrow that from LETHAL WEAPON 3?" Why it’s time to kill off James Bond XvhYsfz
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:30 am

Sexy Miss O'Genie dinosaur, relic of the Cold War, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:04 pm

CJB wrote:
Sexy Miss O'Genie dinosaur, relic of the Cold War, etc. etc.

GE deals with it reasonably well ... M brings it up, Bond looks faintly amused, says 'Point taken' and then carries on much the same as he's done before.
Back to top Go down
Full Monty Norman

Full Monty Norman

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Ok then...so lets kill off all that endures: Batman, Superman, Aston Martin, sex and maybe even pancakes. Hey wait a minute....That last bit came from the waffle society, sorry.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 6:53 pm

The author is clearly a kite dancing in a hurricane.
Back to top Go down
Full Monty Norman

Full Monty Norman

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:49 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
The author is clearly a kite dancing in a hurricane.

Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 5:27 pm

A species soon in danger of becoming extinct.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:41 pm

Some of the comments below the article are accurate. This one for instance:

Quote :
We should ask the Russians to re-invent the Bond franchise. They, at least, don't give a monkey's about upsetting current, Western, upside down, Victorian, conventional morality where the sight of an incredibly virile Sean Connery slapping some fit bird's bum is now viewed by our decadent betters as less acceptable than a Rotherham rape gang in full flight.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:12 am

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 8:54 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Some of the comments below the article are accurate. This one for instance:

Quote :
We should ask the Russians to re-invent the Bond franchise. They, at least, don't give a monkey's about upsetting current, Western, upside down, Victorian, conventional morality where the sight of an incredibly virile Sean Connery slapping some fit bird's bum is now viewed by our decadent betters as less acceptable than a Rotherham rape gang in full flight.

Largo's Shark wrote:
Is it? That's news to me.

See no evil, hear no evil, eh, Sharky? Perhaps you should ban me again. Here's the Wiki summary:

Quote :
An independent inquiry into child sexual abuse in the town, led by Professor Alexis Jay, was established in 2013 for Rotherham Council. The inquiry's initial report, published on 26 August 2014, condemned the failure of the authorities in Rotherham to act effectively against the abuse and even, in some cases, to acknowledge that it was taking place. It conservatively estimated that 1,400 children had been sexually abused in the town between 1997 and 2013, predominantly by gangs of British-Pakistani men of Muslim faith. Abuses described by the report included abduction, rape, torture and sex trafficking of children...  it had been covered up for fear of "giving oxygen" to racism.

And for those with a week to spare, here's the official report:

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/downloads/file/1407/independent_inquiry_cse_in_rotherham
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 10:15 am

It's been well publicized that a weird form of extreme PC-ness was one of the root causes of that horrific abuse perpetuating for so long. Frankly a lot of people should go to jail for criminal negligence in that case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s time to kill off James Bond   Why it’s time to kill off James Bond Empty

Back to top Go down

Why it’s time to kill off James Bond
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: