More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview

Go down 
+2
Makeshift Python
Full Monty Norman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Full Monty Norman

Full Monty Norman

OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview Empty
PostSubject: OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview   OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 3:53 am

Listen carefully at 1:45 mark. It's the theme to OHMSS. Wonder if it's just for the new preview or will it be in the film itself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTDaET-JweU
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview   OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:34 am

The music was scored by Thomas Newman specifically for the trailer. If the OHMSS theme ever appears, it won't be what we heard in the trailer.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview   OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:23 am

Hopefully we're gonna hear the theme in the full movie as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but EON had to pay royalties to Barry's estate to use the OHMSS theme, didn't they? Therefore it wouldn't make much sense to pay the royalties for a trailer, considering only the fans (and not all of them) recognized that music.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview   OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:50 pm

of all of Barry's themes to reappear in a Bond theme I never thought it'd be the OHMSS one but if it does crop up...excellent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview   OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview   OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:09 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Quote :
Therefore it wouldn't make much sense to pay the royalties for a trailer, considering only the fans (and not all of them) recognized that music.

I don't want the OHMSS theme to appear in the film. It was great for 1969, but I want to Newman's SPECTRE to forge its own melodic identity, not ride on the coattails of the past. Hopefully with the title song recorded early we'll get a theme fully integrated into the score.

I'm inclined to agree with this… I associate that theme with OHMSS, just as when I hear Surrender I think of Tomorrow Never Dies, or Where Has Everybody Gone with TLD.

What I would like is there to be two themes and have both interwoven into the score, i.e. OHMSS and We Have All The Time In The World, Thunderball and Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview   OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:44 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Quote :
Therefore it wouldn't make much sense to pay the royalties for a trailer, considering only the fans (and not all of them) recognized that music.

I don't want the OHMSS theme to appear in the film. It was great for 1969, but I want to Newman's SPECTRE to forge its own melodic identity, not ride on the coattails of the past. Hopefully with the title song recorded early we'll get a theme fully integrated into the score.

I'm inclined to agree with this… I associate that theme with OHMSS, just as when I hear Surrender I think of Tomorrow Never Dies, or Where Has Everybody Gone with TLD.

What I would like is there to be two themes and have both interwoven into the score, i.e. OHMSS and We Have All The Time In The World, Thunderball and Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

I see what you mean and, rationally speaking, I agree. I wish it was in the movie, though, because I love the OHMSS theme in a way you can't even imagine. I listen to it every day and on my computer I've got every single remix/cover/rearrengement.

FieldsMan wrote:

I would also like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview   OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview Empty

Back to top Go down

OHMSS theme in new Spectre preview
Page 1 of 1