More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme

Go down 
+4
Makeshift Python
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Jack Wade
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  Empty
PostSubject: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 12:45 pm

https://soundcloud.com/radiohead/spectre

Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  FOKW208
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Can't imagine why they didn't go with Radiohead… blink

I don't mind the strings, and the vocals are barely stronger than Smith's, but the percussion sounds odd to me… Though maybe I don't have an ear for this sort of thing. LS, perhaps…

It could have been good with a little bit more work, but so far Lana's 24 is by far the strongest of the three.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 2:39 pm

It's not as strong as Lana Del Rey's song but I like it. It does sound like a Bond theme and while the vocals could use some work they still sound better than Writing's on the Wall.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 9:21 pm

Radiohead was said to be Sam Mendes' choice back when they were rumored. My guess is that Sony did not support this choice, favoring a more commercial artist and Sam Smith was the one everyone ended up backing.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm glad Writing's on the Wall is what we got instead.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:15 am

Couldn't understand the lyrics at all.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 2:14 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Radiohead was said to be Sam Mendes' choice back when they were rumored. My guess is that Sony did not support this choice, favoring a more commercial artist and Sam Smith was the one everyone ended up backing.

Seems like Radio Head and Sam Smith were trying to do a follow-up to Adele albeit with a male vocal and told from the male's point of view. Either way, the results weren't great.

I'd have let Ryan Tedder of ONE REPUBLIC take a crack at it if this was what EON was determined to do.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 12:41 am

Seeing it edited into the title sequence it's clear this would have been a much better choice. Normally Thom Yorke's voice makes my skin crawl, but it works well here. Very dark and sinister.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 6:56 am

Better than I remembered and you're right, it does work rather well. It just doesn't sound particularly unique or suggest "James Bond" to me. But then again, neither does the film on the whole.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 11:15 am

CJB wrote:
Couldn't understand the lyrics at all.

What he said.

Not a bad tune though. I at least appreciate that they managed to include the film's title in the lyrics, given only one of Craig's films has thus far done this.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 11:45 am

Rejected for being too dark ... now there's something we've not heard much in Craig's era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme    Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme  Empty

Back to top Go down

Radiohead posts rejected Spectre theme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: SPECTRE (2015)-
Jump to: