More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?

Go down 
+5
bitchcraft
Hilly
Makeshift Python
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
It's not so odd that I can appreciate both Skyfall and SPECTRE, is it?  

I suppose not, BI, but I'd hoped Skyfall indicated the new direction the series was going to take. No such luck.

FieldsMan wrote:
I don't imagine it's odd at all, BI… At least for those who aren't too cynical and try to appreciate life.

Ah Jason, veiled insults are such a bore. Be a man and say what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Less of an insult to you and more of a compliment to BI… Life's too short to be bitter.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:21 pm

True words to live by.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:29 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
SPECTRE, admittedly, isn't Skyfall.

That's what I don't understand. What was the point of making a solid adult film like Skyfall [snip]

What was so solid adult about it? He lured a super villain with quasi-unlimited resources to a gun fight against him and a geriatric lady in a shit-old chalet. And of course, instead of professional armed backup, they end-up having a third ally, Kincade, the retarded old man who likes to wave around a flash light in complete darkness to make sure bad guys can find him.

Some of the worst shit ever.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 8:57 am

bitchcraft wrote:
What was so solid adult about it?

Skyfall is all about ageing, death and resurrection. I'm amazed anyone under 30 went to see it.

It's also the only Bond film to have a strong foundation in the Western Classics and theology. Mendes and Logan, of course.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 2:51 am

Just got an invite to the Melbourne premiere of SP tonight! Guess I'll be seeing it at least 3 times now… colgate
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 9:24 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Just got an invite to the Melbourne premiere of SP tonight! Guess I'll be seeing it at least 3 times now… colgate

Nice works FM
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:22 am

I caught it for a second time this evening at a dingy little theater in upstate NY. There were two other people in the theater.

I'd still give it a 4 or a 5. I think the film starts to slowly crumble after the meeting in Rome. By the end of the London finale, the film's about as structurally sound as the good ol' Mi6 building.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:30 am

From what I recall, that's when I think I started hearing alarm bells. Bond's escape comes very suddenly and it seems like they didn't know what to do once Bond sees Oberhauser.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:39 am

And that's when Oberhauser's half-assed backstory comes into play.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:12 am

Saw it a second time. I think I enjoyed it much more on this go than the first. It's still far from what SKYFALL is, but I was able to enjoy it loads despite the unnecessary Oberhauser stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:33 am

Once. I love Bond, but I typically only seem them once in theater and take a few months to digest it until the DVD comes out. Then I can watch it again with a more open mind.

I left feeling a dissatisfied which is the first time that has happened to me seeing a Bond film in theaters. I didn't even get that feeling with QoS even though I didn't think it was quite good.

It will be interesting to see how I feel on a second go around.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:53 am

Control wrote:
I caught it for a second time this evening at a dingy little theater in upstate NY. There were two other people in the theater.

You mean there were only....3 people in the cinema to see Spectre?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Sounds like one of these cinemas you saw in old 70s movies from New York like They Might Be Giants
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 8:00 pm

I went for a 3rd time yesterday, which will do until the DVD comes out.

Granted, some things niggled a little this time ... was Hinx sent to kill Mr White because the stuff they'd put in his mobile phone wasn't working quickly enough (and surely they would've known how slowly it works beforehand?). And wasn't it considerate of virtually every driver in Rome to stay at home that night so that Bond and Hinx could have their car chase (similarly, where does everybody else on the train go during their punch-up?).

Still an enjoyable watch overall, though.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 11:48 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Granted, some things niggled a little this time ... was Hinx sent to kill Mr White because the stuff they'd put in his mobile phone wasn't working quickly enough (and surely they would've known how slowly it works beforehand?).

Yeah, another fuck-up by the writers.

SPECTRE devotes part of their meeting to selecting someone to kill Mr. White, but they've already gone through the trouble of poisoning him with thallium, which will surely kill him.  big laugh
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:06 am

Hinx was tracking down Bond which lead him to White's lodge. As we learn, C is in cahoots with SPECTRE and was giving them updates on what Bond was up to.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:14 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Hinx was tracking down Bond which lead him to White's lodge. As we learn, C is in cahoots with SPECTRE and was giving them updates on what Bond was up to.

Yep… Also, I've seen people complain about why Hinx is on the train to kill Bond, but then Bond is sent a car/welcomed by Waltz before he attempts to kill him himself. I imagined through C's surveillance system and Q's nanoblood technology that it would have alerted Waltz that Bond is still alive (assuming the nanoblood technology stops working after one dies?) and knows his whereabouts, hence why he brings Bond to him.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:17 am

Isn't Sciarra's replacement (the guy Hinx kills, then Hinx) assigned to take care of The Pale King, though?

The Pale King was White's codename, not Bond's.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:30 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Yep… Also, I've seen people complain about why Hinx is on the train to kill Bond, but then Bond is sent a car/welcomed by Waltz before he attempts to kill him himself. I imagined through C's surveillance system and Q's nanoblood technology that it would have alerted Waltz that Bond is still alive (assuming the nanoblood technology stops working after one dies?) and knows his whereabouts, hence why he brings Bond to him.

Right. On Bond being sent a car, I think because after dispatching Hinx and coming so close, Blofeld felt he should reward Bond his troubles by revealing what the stakes were, how SPECTRE had an impact on him (directly or indirectly) and then finally put him into torture on the side for amusement.

Control wrote:
Isn't Sciarra's replacement (the guy Hinx kills, then Hinx) assigned to take care of The Pale King, though?

The Pale King was White's codename, not Bond's.

That's true. My guess is they decided to cut off loose ends immediately rather than wait for the poison to do its work, especially once Bond started making inquiries about what The Pale King was, which C monitored and alerted SPECTRE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?   How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How many times will you see SPECTRE in cinemas?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2