More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+20
Kath
hegottheboot
Hilly
Gravity's Silhouette
Professor Train
bitchcraft
Bond Fan 90
lachesis
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Xenia93
Control
Makeshift Python
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Vesper
G section
HJackson
dr. strangelove
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 3:43 pm

You were never really here

An interesting film. A stripped down genre exercise (in the rescue & revenge genre that includes films like "Taken" and "Man on Fire") that turns into more of an existential mood piece in the third act. Not at all interested in crowd pleasing. Well acted and perfectly paced. Lynne Ramsay is a very interesting film maker.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Vesper wrote:

Haven't been wowed by anything recently. Still need to catch up with Lady Bird, I, Tonya, The Darkest Hour, and The Post.

I have seen the first two of those. "Lady Bird" was a bit of a mixed bag and certainly overrated. "I, Tonya" is a lot of fun if your expectations for it aren't sky-high.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 4:07 pm

v

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 1:24 am

Vesper wrote:
Call Me By Your Name: Tripe. If it was about two hetters it would have been recommended as a cure for narcolepsy.

*Insomnia, thanks Pinot.

Last edited by Vesper on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 1:25 am

Salomé wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Haven't been wowed by anything recently. Still need to catch up with Lady Bird, I, Tonya, The Darkest Hour, and The Post.

I have seen the first two of those. "Lady Bird" was a bit of a mixed bag and certainly overrated. "I, Tonya" is a lot of fun if your expectations for it aren't sky-high.

Yeah I head good things about 'I, Tonya' from the less fussy. Lady Bird is a film I expected to hear a lot more of once it was released but I don't think it even registered with a lot of people - literally know noone who has seen it.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 1:27 am

Avengers: Infinity War

WOW! Loved it

Not just the movie, but brisk sales at a special booth we set up at the multiplex. drool Like several of these.

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 Avengers-Infinity-War-Black-Widow-Flat-sheet-Duvet-Cover-Comforter-5-600x533

Will most likely get another viewing tomorrow. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 2:20 pm

n

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 4:00 pm

Avengers : Infinity War - at 2-and-a-half hours this inevitably drags a little in places, but this is largely a successful mash-up of most of Marvel's on-screen heroes to date.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 7:20 pm

one mentioned on these pages Yangtse Incident but as I've recently seen Quiller/Logan's Run (and hope to see Dam Busters at the cinema next month), it seems as best as I could find.

Much remains such as the documentary nature as well as a (what was then the norm for these films) stirring score such as for the Amethyst's breakout (a brilliant piece that builds up tension in time with Amethyst's breakout). Indeed, a recent joy (if you can say that) was finding two pieces of the score via Amazon's MP3 store (and come themselves from two discs, The Film Music of Arthur Benjamin and Leighton Lucas and The Golden Age of Light Music). Tracks entitled Portrait of the Amethyst and Amethyst March. (Indeed, there's a few from those old films, Philip Green's League of Gentlemen for example, Leighton Lucas' three pieces for Ice Cold etc).
The docu nature helped by the large set pieces -that of the Amethyst herself (and sister Magpie standing in for mobility shots) and other ships on the 'Yangtse' (Medway in Kent). Amethyst was on her way to the breakers when the film makers brought her. If she hadn't been before hand, she was well on her way after filming such was the damage sustained.

I don't know the background to the movie so can't say for sure what Anderson made of this film in his oeuvre but it surely is one of his best and certainly, like the recent Dam Busters, boasting a relatively strong cast. What humour comes with Hartnell's PO, indeed from his intro where he is about to tell a fellow crewmen about the women he's encountered in his Far East travels, to when he inspects the greasing efforts and so on.

Looking at it, we likely have only Bernard Cribbins and Kenneth Cope from this cast. One of Todd's best roles personally was as Kearns. Recently found a picture on Getty of Kearns leading the ship's company through the City of London to Mansion House for a luncheon being held in their honour sometime after their return in 1949. Stiff uppers to a man.

I do note that this was known as Battle Hell (as well as two other titles, Escape of the Amethyst: Their Greatest Glory and YangtZe Incident) in the US. Well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySun May 06, 2018 5:14 pm

POINT BLANK on 35mm. Stunning.

This is one film I will always go out of my way to watch whenever I have the chance.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySun May 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Deadpool 2 - like the first only more so, with kick-ass blood-splattering action and fourth-wall-shattering snarky meta-lols to spare.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptySun May 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Deadpool 2 - like the first only more so, with kick-ass blood-splattering action and fourth-wall-shattering snarky meta-lols to spare.    

I'll be getting to this one sometime this week...not a fan of the comic book though and only own the Spidey/Deadpool books.

Still have zero interest in Solo but I'll most likely be dragged by my hair by my daughter....
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyMon May 21, 2018 12:38 am

I'll probably get dragged to it by my sister who isn't a die hard while I'll be kicking and screaming going please don't blatantly and badly rip off the Daley novels...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyMon May 21, 2018 12:53 am

The Bourne Identity
Solid action spy thriller. It felt complete by the end, which is why I feel

The Bourne Supremacy
... was a waste of time. Surely after so much collateral damage you'd stop and think that maybe you should just talk to your old bosses about the desire to stay out of the business and co-operate with them. 

"Identity" is the tighter film in every regard, and even the action took a hit in "Supremacy" (I wasn't surprised to find that the Ronin team choreographed the great car chase in the former). 

Looking forward to seeing Ultimatum though - supposedly it's the best of the lot. 

CR was definitely inspired by the Bourne series. From the death of a loved one underwater and trying to break through a closed door, to central themes and personal journey and it's overall redundancy in the character arc. QOS at the very least had the good sense to be short and show some colour. 

And to those who think a handful of the TND punching sound effects are bad, wait until you rewatch The Bourne Identity (thankfully improved for Supremacy). 

Bourne 1: 7/10
Bourne 2: 4.5/10
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyMon May 21, 2018 7:09 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:

I'll be getting to this one sometime this week...not a fan of the comic book though and only own the Spidey/Deadpool books.

Still have zero interest in Solo but I'll most likely be dragged by my hair by my daughter....

I mostly enjoy the other Marvel flicks, but I find it impossible not to get a kick out of the Deadpool movies' gleeful piss-taking of them (some nice digs at the DC Universe too, of course).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyMon May 21, 2018 11:57 pm

c

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyTue May 22, 2018 2:11 am

I bet Bond 25 is going to start with Bond waking up with amnesia.

Copycat bitch.

The Bourne movies raised the bar...I'm glad they exist. MI too for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyTue May 22, 2018 10:19 am

I too like the original two films in the Bourne universe and deem the second one the best of the series. Everything that came after that in the franchise (with or sans Matt Damon) has been an exercise in ever diminishing returns. I saw the most recent one but can barely remember any plot details.

It's also pretty clear that there was an attempt by EON to (lazily and clumsily) borrow some ideas from "Bourne" for "Quantum of Solace". Primary among those, the Irina Neski scene at the end of the film.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyTue May 22, 2018 11:42 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyWed May 23, 2018 3:06 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

Let me guess. Bourne brutally kills a large number of people. Looks sad about it. Resolves to make the world a better place. By killing more people.

You are getting your Jasons mixed up.

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 Latest?cb=20171001043508
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyWed May 23, 2018 4:21 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
I saw the most recent one but can barely remember any plot details.

Let me guess. Bourne brutally kills a large number of people. Looks sad about it. Resolves to make the world a better place. By killing more people.

That's essentially how I viewed The Bourne Supremacy.

Got into Ultimatum a few days back. It's just a long chase movie packed with trailer dialogue and variants of "you don't know who you're dealing with". 

Salome wrote:
It's also pretty clear that there was an attempt by EON to (lazily and clumsily) borrow some ideas from "Bourne" for "Quantum of Solace". Primary among those, the Irina Neski scene at the end of the film.

Absolutely, but I think there are striking parallels to CR also.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 5:52 am

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 12:21 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 12:57 pm

When I considered who could do the insane subway scene originally performed by Isabel Adjani in "Possession" today, I arrived at Eva Green too. For the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 1:06 pm

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 4A9xg3X

In 2018, this innocent statement is enough to be deemed transphobic. We live in a very weird time.
Lukas Dhont's task was to find an actor who could portray a pre-op trans girl who is also a gifted ballet dancer.
So basically unless he found an actual pre-op trans girl who could manage the ballet, he was always going to be deemed transphobic?
There comes a point where this kind of insta-judgement becomes pure idiocy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next