More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy.

Go down 
+5
Blunt Instrument
Gravity's Silhouette
lachesis
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy.   Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 7:25 am

Trump could never be a Bond villain: They are patient. They are intelligent. They are coherent. They are usually ideological. They get things done. They are successful...until Bond comes along.

Trump doesn't seem to believe in much except branding (himself). He's not a committed ideologue (i.e. not a true believer; doesn't seem to have much in the way of core principles other than extolling his own virtues and making money).

If he reminded me of any Bond villain, it *might* be Zorin, but even that is a long-shot. Zorin was a psychopath who undermined himself by taking risks better left delegated to his henchwomen (like waiting for May Day on the Seine; personally shooting Howe and setting fire to City Hall) or betraying those who had been loyal to him (May Day, Jenny Flex, Pan Ho, Conley and the construction crew being the pre-cursor to Anthony Scaramucchi, Sean Spiceworld and Rancid Prebius).
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy.   Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 9:15 am

FieldsMan wrote:

I don't think we'll see a right winger as a villain to be honest, and I don't care to, either. It will put into question Bond's political leanings, and that will further spiral the movies out of control.

Unless the villain is a neo nazi.

But I'd much rather see the left personified into a whacky villain that Bond must take down.

The Left are ripe for satire, though I think I'd rather Bond be as apolitical as a series about a government agent can be.

FWIW Fleming described Bond as "slightly left of centre" not long after President Kennedy praised the books. Of course, if JFK was anything to go by, slightly left of centre in the early 60's meant cutting taxes, being tough on Communism, and believing in two genders.

Grav: I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on President Yuge Hands' trials and tribulations over the last six months. Doesn't seem like many grassroots conservatives in your country have abandoned ship but he seems to wade into more fuck ups than the contestants on The Apprentice. Perhaps on the American politics thread.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy.   Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 9:14 am

CJB wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

I don't think we'll see a right winger as a villain to be honest, and I don't care to, either. It will put into question Bond's political leanings, and that will further spiral the movies out of control.

Unless the villain is a neo nazi.

But I'd much rather see the left personified into a whacky villain that Bond must take down.

The Left are ripe for satire, though I think I'd rather Bond be as apolitical as a series about a government agent can be.

FWIW Fleming described Bond as "slightly left of centre" not long after President Kennedy praised the books. Of course, if JFK was anything to go by, slightly left of centre in the early 60's meant cutting taxes, being tough on Communism, and believing in two genders.

Ha what a time to be alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy.   Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Purvis & Wade: Trump, the Bond villain, no longer a fantasy.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2