More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again Empty
PostSubject: A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again   A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 am

I find Moore's and Connery's last Bond movies to be similar in the sense that they both have lackluster stories, but they both have quite stronger villains, than most of the John Glen era.

AVTAK has better action scenes technically, but NSNA does address Bond's age and play it more to the strengths in comparison. But what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again   A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 12:43 pm

I fail to see how AVTAK is lacklustre. Moore gives arguably his finest performance, the villains are top notch, and they indulge in very bizarre, creative situations for Bond. I find most find the film to be bizarre, but that's not out of line with Bond's DNA. Depending on my mood, it edges out FYEO as my favourite of Moore's era. 

As for NSNA, it's a joke of a film.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again   A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Well I guess one of the reason's Moore is not on par is that he doesn't have good chemistry with the ladies in this one.  The way he hits on Stacey Sutton when he first meets her, he comes off as too desperate.

The way he says "You're leaving already, I was hoping we could spend the evening together".  I mean he just met her.  I know Bond gets girls into bed right away, when he just meets them, but he came off clingy here, and that is not how Bond is suppose to be.

My favorite of Moore's era would probably be The Spy Who Loved Me.  But it's not his best performance per say.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again   A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 9:53 pm

The scene where Bond meets Stacey is one of my favourite scenes in Moore's era. It fits perfectly with his cover as James St John Smythe, and he doesn't eyefuck her to try seduce her, as he did in earlier films with other girls, such as with Anya in TSWLM.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again   A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 12:18 am

Well the seduction worked though, compared to an old man just being an old man, didn't it?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again   A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 12:33 am

Of course it worked. It's scripted.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again   A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
I fail to see how AVTAK is lacklustre. Moore gives arguably his finest performance, the villains are top notch, and they indulge in very bizarre, creative situations for Bond. I find most find the film to be bizarre, but that's not out of line with Bond's DNA. Depending on my mood, it edges out FYEO as my favourite of Moore's era. 

As for NSNA, it's a joke of a film.

This.

I'm too tired to write something more. colgate
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again   A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again Empty

Back to top Go down

A View to A Kill VS. Never Say Never Again
Page 1 of 1