More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built" Empty
PostSubject: Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built"   Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built" EmptyTue May 15, 2018 7:45 am

I liked this movie when Benoit Poelvoerde released it as "Man Bites Dog" back in 1992. This doesn't really feel like Von Trier leading.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built"   Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built" EmptyTue May 15, 2018 3:16 pm

v

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built"   Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built" EmptyTue May 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Seems a bit unoriginal by Lars Von Trier's standards. But the Cannes reaction seems over the top in its negativity.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built"   Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built" EmptyTue May 15, 2018 3:35 pm

v

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built"   Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built" EmptyTue May 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
There's comment that this is based on something Von Trier did back in 1984, which obviously predates the fabulous Man Bites Dog. Can't say I know.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087280

I'm guessing they mean this?
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built"   Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built" EmptyTue May 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Salomé wrote:
But the Cannes reaction seems over the top in its negativity.

You'd think they'd be used to Von Trier by now but I guess they just love to feel outraged by something. It's not like there's been a ton of serial killer movies before and of course Von Trier is going to go as lurid as you can go. Funny enough Man Bites Dog won the international critics award there back in 1992.

I've only seen Antichrist before (and liked it) but the Matt Dillon casting has me intrigued. Didn't recognize Uma Thurman there in the opening as she was looking very Cate Blanchett-esque. Will eventually see it probably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built"   Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built" Empty

Back to top Go down

Lars Von Trier's "The House that Jack Built"
Page 1 of 1