More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread

Go down 
+10
Perilagu Khan
Dr No
Sarai
Makeshift Python
T.A. Ferguson
Gravity's Silhouette
hegottheboot
Blunt Instrument
AMC Hornet
Hilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What do you think of Stacey Sutton?
One of the best Bond girls.
The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap33%The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 6 ]
Underrated, but not the best.
The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Average/Does the job/Nothing special
The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap22%The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
One of the worst Bond girls
The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap33%The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:24 pm

The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Midge10

"You're telling me Midge was the brains of that operation!?"

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:49 pm

Brilliant! laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:53 pm

She was a good character in her way but Roberts left four or seasons in. Guess there's only so much dumb blonde stuff you can do.

From what I've seen, Roberts sometimes does appearances (your Collectormania type thing). Be something to meet her. Though I'd be a stammering wreck if I did, ha
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:58 pm

As would I. She seems like she'd be very flattered by it, though.

As for That 70s Show, she did pop back for later seasons in a 'guest' capacity. She had to quit the role as a regular to spend time with her terminally ill husband. But yes, she was perfectly cast as Midge. That's not to say she's a ditz in real life... But she was able to play to her strengths.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 5:29 pm

You go into a Bond film sometimes thinking, "I'll not succumb to..." whatever and so it is with VTAK and Stacey. What breaks your resolve, or mine, is when Bond first talks to her. How she looks standing there staring into the middle distance (and her sarcastic "I'd never have guessed").

Got to be a way of setting that as a screensaver or something.

Anyway. Stacey goes up in my book nowadays and this 1001st viewing of VTAK sort of helps.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 03, 2020 12:35 pm

Ah. You must forgive my post about your lack of commentary on Stacey in the Last Bond movie watched thread. I didn't see this until now. colgate

You're absolutely right. Knowing she's not exactly a hit with fans you go in trying to remain objective. But Barry's music, her hair and wardrobe, her keeping her guard up and toying with Bond who is more than willing to play along... those eyes. She seduces you. And what Bond girl shouldn't do that? How many actually do that?

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptySun May 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Ha, just caught up with this post after the other. Not many do what Stacey did and I'm not even sure Roberts tries. Just naturally done.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 10:42 am

That's a very good point, actually. You look at the likes of Kristina Wayborn or Talisa Soto trying to convey sexiness and seduce Bond but it falls flat. With Stacey, it's effortless.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Forgive me lads, but as I peruse my boxset...

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 11:03 am

So good. colgate
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 1:15 pm

It is awfully distracting. In one of the last episodes she did, turns up in this blue number. Let's put it this way, it must have been a cold studio that day.

I read on Screenrant she was one of the worst supporting characters. No, there were worse than her. Midge had backbone, she wasn't the sharpest tool in the tray but she had her moments.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 1:45 am

She's had it tough, Ms Roberts. Couldn't rejuvenate Charlie's Angels, in some terrible 80s films, consistently ranked one of the worst Bond girls, named a worst supporting character and worst of all, her husband dies early on in their life... And yet you see interviews and she's so lively. Imagine if she saved Charlie's Angels (the blame shouldn't rest on her shoulders anyway).... Maybe her professional life may have had a different trajectory.

As for her work in That 70s Show... I love her scenes more than the kids, tbh. Between Red, Kitty and Midge, they make the series for me.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 7:37 am

*sees "Why Stacey Sutton is one of the best Bond girls"*

The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 43739910
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 6:43 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
She's had it tough, Ms Roberts. Couldn't rejuvenate Charlie's Angels, in some terrible 80s films, consistently ranked one of the worst Bond girls, named a worst supporting character and worst of all, her husband dies early on in their life... And yet you see interviews and she's so lively. Imagine if she saved Charlie's Angels (the blame shouldn't rest on her shoulders anyway).... Maybe her professional life may have had a different trajectory.

As for her work in That 70s Show... I love her scenes more than the kids, tbh. Between Red, Kitty and Midge, they make the series for me.

Increasingly as the show wore on, the adults were much more interesting or consistent. Cracks showed in Season 5 -it was well and dandy have Eric and Donna maybe marrying, Donna maybe leaving for college but Season 7 was pointless. Eric was useless, Hyde suddenly gets a new father, Kelso was tired as a character and then Season 8 was a raging disaster.

It's a shame Midge didn't stay on. I don't know why she left, I assume Roberts had enough maybe. Though her career might not have scaled heights to be known for a Bond film, Charlie's Angels and a moderately popular sitcom is good. I mean collectormania et al are full of people who are there for Star Wars or something and they were only in it as an extra or one line.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 2:57 am

I wouldn't say the final season was a raging disaster, but it was certainly a step down from the rest.

But you're probably right. To be known as one of the original Angels, a Bond girl and appear regularly in a popular TV show now in syndication... she's done ok.

Makeshift Python wrote:
*sees "Why Stacey Sutton is one of the best Bond girls"*

The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 43739910

laugh

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 11:44 am

I'd say she likely did more for Charlie's Angels than the trio of ropey big-screen versions.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 1:24 am

I'll take that. smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 1:35 pm

Tanya Roberts turns 65. Many happy returns!

I'd include her in my top 10 Bond girls.

The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 237710__28294.1342530932.380.500
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 4:11 pm

If she stopped screaming for more than 5 minutes i would give her more kudos but erm nah. thumbs down
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 6:15 pm

Tanya Roberts turns 65. Many happy returns!

I'd include her in my top 10 Bond girls.

The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 237710__28294.1342530932.380.500

Underappreciated and curves like the Nurgburgring.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 8:41 pm

silvertoe wrote:
If she stopped screaming for more than 5 minutes i would give her more kudos but erm nah. thumbs down

Easily among the worst Bond leading ladies.

Pola was better.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 11:50 pm

Pola was great, sure, but not nearly in the film enough.

That above photo alone puts her leagues ahead of the Craig-era Bond girls (save for perhaps Severine). colgate

silvertoe wrote:
If she stopped screaming for more than 5 minutes i would give her more kudos but erm nah.

I feel people criticise the screaming more than Stacey actually screams in the film! tongue
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 12:19 am

That above photo alone puts her leagues ahead of the Craig-era Bond girls

The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 FxiD
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 am

She does look great in that pic, but MAN ALIVE that shoulder-pad draws the eye. Like she got to the shoot straight from playing American football and just put the shiny top on over the gear.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 3:44 am

Every time I say: "No, where did you go Pola?"......

Bond teaming up with Pola would have been more satisfying in one sense but then it would have diluted the furthering of the relationship with Stacey and eventually the partnership with Mayday in the climax.
Over time I have come to appreciate Stacey more-even the screaming-because she is a normal person caught up in events beyond her. Unfortunately outside of some occasional grit there's not that much there in the character to begin with outside of exposition or plot service.

Who thought it was a good idea to let her drive the fire engine?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread   The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Stacey Sutton/Tanya Roberts Appreciation Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next