More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

New Book: The World Is Not Enough

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

New Book: The World Is Not Enough Empty
PostSubject: New Book: The World Is Not Enough   New Book: The World Is Not Enough EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 11:10 pm

A new biography by Oliver Buckton of the man with the golden typewriter... but the first to delve deep into his writing process, apparently.

Official Blurb wrote:
The definitive history of the flamboyant life of Ian Fleming and his most famous creation, James Bond.

This new biography of Ian Fleming presents a fresh and illuminating portrayal of the iconic creator of James Bond. Oliver Buckton provides the first in-depth exploration of the entire process of Ian Fleming's writing-from initial conception, through composition, to his involvement in the innovative publication methods of his books. He also investigates the vital impact of Fleming's work in naval intelligence during World War Two on his later writings, especially the wartime operations he planned and executed and how they drove the plots of the James Bond novels. Buckton considers the vital role of wartime deception, disinformation, and propaganda in shaping Fleming's later techniques and imaginative creations. Offering a radically new view of Fleming's relationships with women, Buckton traces the role of strong, independent, and intelligent women such as Maud Russell, Phyllis Bottome, and his wife, Ann, on Fleming's portrayal of female characters. The book concludes with a thorough analysis of the James Bond films from Eon productions, and their influence in promoting, while also distorting, the public's recognition of Fleming's writing.

New Book: The World Is Not Enough 9781538138571

Should be interesting!

So far the Book Depository lists it cheapest.

https://www.bookdepository.com/World-Is-Not-Enough-Oliver-Buckton/9781538138571

Last edited by Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: New Book: The World Is Not Enough   New Book: The World Is Not Enough EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Definitely one for the list, especially since losing the copy of my Lycett book in 2019. This one looks like it goes further.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: New Book: The World Is Not Enough   New Book: The World Is Not Enough EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 11:47 pm

Which is the Lycett book?

I've just pre-ordered this one. Will be a nice surprise in the mail in June when it's finally released. smile
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: New Book: The World Is Not Enough   New Book: The World Is Not Enough EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 1:21 am

It's now on my seemingly never ending list of Bond reference books to read or buy...
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: New Book: The World Is Not Enough   New Book: The World Is Not Enough EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 4:15 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Which is the Lycett book?

I've just pre-ordered this one. Will be a nice surprise in the mail in June when it's finally released. smile

Andrew Lycett was Ian Fleming. Biography of IF.

I left my copy on a train without twigging. Clearly train cleaners like Fleming as I couldn't get it back.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: New Book: The World Is Not Enough   New Book: The World Is Not Enough EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 11:49 am

Was it good? Haven't got that one.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: New Book: The World Is Not Enough   New Book: The World Is Not Enough EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 5:53 pm

I thought so but mind it's the only book on IF I've read (though he features in Ben Mcintyre's Operation Mincemeat and others). Given me the best insight into his life at any rate hence my increased dislike of McClory. Court case seemed to contribute a great deal to IF's death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Book: The World Is Not Enough   New Book: The World Is Not Enough Empty

Back to top Go down

New Book: The World Is Not Enough
Page 1 of 1