More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

85 year old shakes up the comic book world

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

85 year old shakes up the comic book world Empty
PostSubject: 85 year old shakes up the comic book world   85 year old shakes up the comic book world EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:01 am

These are some of the rarest books ever, and what makes them astounding, their condition grades very highly, with potential to be the best graded copies ever found.

The dealer who was contacted about these books was completely...astounded. They belonged to a lifelong collector who was 85 at the time of their revelation.

85 year old shakes up the comic book world Rarities

I collect comics and any single, pre 1939 professionally graded copy of Superman or Batman seen on that table is worth more than my near 7,000 collection combined. I need to go hide in a fucking closet lol.

Recently, copies of Action Comics #1 (first Superman) and Detective Comics #27 (first Batman) fetched over US$1 Million each. The books above might grade higher and have the potential to go over 9.4 (out of 10...which ranks as Near Mint and practically unheard of with comics 70+ years old).
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: 85 year old shakes up the comic book world   85 year old shakes up the comic book world EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:10 am

So basically grandpa's old comic book collection will make his kids and grandkids all millionaires? :)
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: 85 year old shakes up the comic book world   85 year old shakes up the comic book world EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:26 am

Salomé wrote:
So basically grandpa's old comic book collection will make his kids and grandkids all millionaires? :)

Definitely, and their own subsequent kids and grandkids if they keep some of those books for another 50-60 years. It's a goldmine.

Mine would be lucky to fetch $90-$100,000...I need a new hobby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 85 year old shakes up the comic book world   85 year old shakes up the comic book world Empty

Back to top Go down

85 year old shakes up the comic book world
Page 1 of 1