More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Things That Make You Go...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Things That Make You Go... Empty
PostSubject: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 8:23 pm

I'm sure this is a thread that will sink or swim but what the hell.

Watching Taskmaster on catch-up, I'm typing away (on this forum funnily) and when I look up there's Einstein sat in a bath with a mobile phone babbling on. I stared transfixed and wondering had I drank too much tonight. No, there's Einstein sat in a bath trying to sell me something (I had it muted, I daren't move to unmute).

oh my!

things that make you go, what the fuck!?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 11:43 am

Yes, I caught that ad the other night too ... via CGI jiggery-pokery, Einstein is being used to sell us the wonders of energy 'smart-meters'.

Throw enough money at the 'protectors' of a deceased celeb's estate, image etc. and I guess you can do what you damn well please. Remember being irritated by that Galaxy chocolate one with Audrey Hepburn 'in' it a few years back.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 9:21 pm

Not to mention, albeit with his estate's permission, Bob Monkhouse telling us about pancreatic cancer.

And yet we've not had Eric and Ern pushing DFS sofas or David Niven mobile phones.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 9:00 pm

Having to click that I'm over 18 just to watch an On the Buses film on the ITVplayer.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptySat May 01, 2021 11:07 am

My Tivo box used to make me input my PIN before allowing me to watch post-watershed things that I'd recorded. Granted, it doesn't know that I'm the only one in the house but it still felt faintly ridiculous which is why I disabled it.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:57 pm

colgate  On Amazon Prime, On the Buses came up as available to buy in the Kids shows section
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptySat May 01, 2021 9:50 pm

That's nuts but then I remember a Sainsbury's a few years ago in its Mother's Day film section having Schindler's List.

Blunt Instrument wrote:
My Tivo box used to make me input my PIN before allowing me to watch post-watershed things that I'd recorded. Granted, it doesn't know that I'm the only one in the house but it still felt faintly ridiculous which is why I disabled it.  

Mad thing is I can't disable the guidance thing that I can see. My5 rival it with making you click you're over 16 or whatever for episodes of Hunter (which for today are quite tame) and episode of Traffic Cops.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptySun May 02, 2021 11:04 am

My niggle with My5 is that any movie I've tried to watch on it plays with a slight (but experience-spoiling) 'lag' ... anyone who ever tried to watch a BluRay on a PS3 might know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptySun May 02, 2021 10:04 pm

I think I know what you mean though with me, my5's PITA moment is when I go to watch episodes of a series, plays 30secs of ads then it glitches and brings you the "click you're over 16" nonsense whilst at the same time managing to skip to next episode.

One night, it got to each ad break and restarted from the beginning.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:57 am

These things never happened with video tapes laugh .
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:20 pm

Can say that again. I do believe my neighbours heard a loud "shitting shit on it!" that day.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Make You Go...   Things That Make You Go... Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Make You Go...
Page 1 of 1