More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Things to be Done

Go down 
+2
Hilly
Largo's Shark
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 5:13 pm

This is a soundboard for suggestions to the mod team. Even if BaB has been holed below the waterline, we can at least try plugging that hole.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:58 am

Most important thing is to try and make this board interact: in some of its sub-forums, members log into make posts and ignore what's already there. It gives the impression of a bunch of people who are only interested in the sound of their own voice or, in some cases, the small of their own farts.

If a member has gone to the trouble to make a post previously, then at least one of this forum's innumerable moderators should respond to it, particularly if it's from a new member or one whom has not posted in a while: we need to more welcoming if we are to create a community here again, though that isn't to say we should tolerate any old crap as we did with J7.

That said, those members - and some of the people I'm thinking of are moderators - who post without awareness of others (it happens particularly in the 'last film you watched' thread ), should start a blog instead. Then they can argue with themselves about important matters such as whether they have five or seven followers. We shouldn't be teaching people basic etiquette or how to maintain a conversation, but aspergic behaviour is rife in this forum so I don't see what choice we have.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 3:58 pm

I tend to post in the last movie thread as if I'm talking to myself. Old habit I guess.

As Ambler says something to get people to post more and interact, though I grovelled to Arabesque and it was bleedin' SM.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Not thinking of you, Hilly. You're one of the old guard that hold this place together.

On another subject, maybe this board should be made private again while it reorganises. We're not getting new members from being public, and it might persuade those who browse from outside to log-in.

Might be best to complete the rebuild in private in any case.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:13 pm

The forums have been privatised (yet again) in the hope of encouraging more logins.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Anonymous

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 pm

If anyone is tracking the statistics, I'd be interested to know if hiding the forums helps.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
If anyone is tracking the statistics, I'd be interested to know if hiding the forums helps.

Our visitors usually far outweigh our members in the "Who's viewing the forum" stats, but it's time we put the onus on the members here to help create a forum which encourages participation rather than mere visitation.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Anonymous

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Anyone fancy dealing with newest member Eric Ambler? This place is becoming hard work.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Anyone fancy dealing with newest member Eric Ambler? This place is becoming hard work.

this place is nuts.

EDIT

seems TJ Hilly is back in action.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:15 am

Merge the Trek Into Darkness/Trek 3.0 threads. Like jumping between Tube trains at Lambeth North.

As for kicking life into the place (or whatever) getting the like of Coco to post more and outside of my [insert word] stories has failed. Crimson Hour having stalled for two weeks prompted him to PM me ("I didn't want to spam up the thread") asking whether it's dead or whatnot. Genuinely decent message but I don't think we'll get him or dear old El Joker posting more. I told him in the PM maybe poke around like we've suggested but no joy.

As for Thorburn1488...immediately wondered if it's that 1488white fascist nonsense but I see conspiracies all the time.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:51 am

I think it's better to keep those threads separate for now so that the STID thread will focus primarily on the upcoming movie, while the other thread focuses on the rest of the franchise. If the two threads are merged now (especially with the new movie just coming out) it will be a big mess to go through.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:54 am

IMO, what we need are submissions of new colour schemes, new layout ideas, maybe a new banner/forum name and new ideas to attract members.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:19 pm

I think that we need to get more posting members attracted here or to get our own members to post and contribute more. BaB is in a great position to attract more people to these parts after all of the people that are dissatisfied with the more mainstream CBn and AJB. We should be the inclusive and diverse forum of the Bondian protest vote.

Just my two pennies worth there...
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Dragonpol wrote:
I think that we need to get more posting members attracted here or to get our own members to post and contribute more.

Easier said than done. It's like herding cats.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:54 pm

I know, but it's what we must aim for. I'll be here to see it through, for one!

I myself have already recruited a few new members here and to MI6 Community.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Dragonpol wrote:

Lumme.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySat May 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Hilly wrote:
Dragonpol wrote:

Lumme.

I take that to mean 'bloody hell' rather than being a sly reference to a common Danish rodent?!

And yes, I did bring some people here - perdogg and Le Samourai and some others...quite apart from a few false identities, of course.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Don't recruit people TO Mi6 Community, recruit people FROM Mi6 Community.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySat May 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Lazenby. wrote:

laugh

Relations between MI6 and here are similar to those between North and South Korea.
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySat May 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:

laugh

Relations between MI6 and here are similar to those between North and South Korea.

Which one are we?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySat May 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Toppers wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:

laugh

Which one are we?

The eternal question.

Most here see us as the South, whereas as GS and PK thought we turned into the North - hence the later's defection.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySat May 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Toppers wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:

laugh

Which one are we?

The eternal question.

Most here see us as the South, whereas as GS and PK thought we turned into the North - hence the later's defection.

You see I was a CBn member up until November 2012, then AJB. I was never a member of the old MI6, so I don't get involved in all of the animosity. I'm happily a member of both.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySat May 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Lazenby. wrote:

Well, I've recruited some from AJB, as well. As I say, I don't get the beef with MI6 - it's all very professional over there, though I still think that they close WAY too many threads!
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySat May 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Dragonpol wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:

Well, I've recruited some from AJB, as well. As I say, I don't get the beef with MI6 - it's all very professional over there, though I still think that they close WAY too many threads!

For the source of the MI6-BaB animosity, see these threads:

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t91-refugees

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/99/the-farewell-thread-or-taking-a-hiatus/p1

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t101-beyond-mi6

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done EmptySat May 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Dragonpol wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:

For the source of the MI6-BaB animosity, see these threads:

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t91-refugees

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/99/the-farewell-thread-or-taking-a-hiatus/p1

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t101-beyond-mi6

Thank you, LS, as always. I'll read through this at my leisure. I guess I only know a few scant details as of yet!

P.S. Hope you got my PM, friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Things to be Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to be Done   Things to be Done Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to be Done
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next