More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer Empty
PostSubject: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptyThu May 02, 2024 1:38 am

Not sure why AI Cavill has an American accent.

Still, I think I trust The Machines to make a better Bond movie than Babs and her cohort (not that the average Hollywood writer is any different from an automaton, except AI is capable of learning and becoming smarter).
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptyThu May 02, 2024 8:28 am

CJB wrote:

Still, I think I trust The Machines to make a better Bond movie than Babs and her cohort (not that the average Hollywood writer is any different from an automaton, except AI is capable of learning and becoming smarter).
Lol, well said.
Fun watch.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptyFri May 03, 2024 7:03 am

Cavill seems destined to forever be the bridesmaid and never the bride when it comes to Bond.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptySat May 04, 2024 2:24 am

A bit like what Clive Owen was in the days when Brosnan's replacement was being discussed, albeit I think Cavill has the charisma and humour down pat in a way Owen perhaps didn't.

The fundamental problem is Babs' judgement. She doesn't understand - or simply doesn't care to understand - just why people have been going to see Bond films for over 60 years.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptySat May 04, 2024 8:15 am

People still go to see Bond films.
Whether she understands why or not, I bet she wants to put her own stamp on it and not just emulate what the previous generation did. Personally I do not really care if the series is over and out. If another film comes out, great. If not, so what.
Look at the books, five decades of uninteresting drivel.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptySun May 05, 2024 12:49 am

CJB wrote:

Ha, at least he has better diction than Craig.

CJB wrote:

And at least AI has made something resembling a Bond material in the last couple of years. Can't say the same for Babs.

Given Cavill was Martin Campbell's preference back in 2005, and how he appears to have made two of the most successful Bond films for Eon (though you all know where I stand on CR06), it's not exactly rocket science for Babs and co. to know what direction to go in for the next era. Start with Campbell, Cavill and tonally balance the film as they did with TLD, GE and SF.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptySun May 05, 2024 2:58 am

Good to see you KKBB.

Cavill was a missed opportunity for CR. Being younger it would've actually made the whole 'rogue rookie agent' schtick more believable.

He probably also wouldn't have demanded to be killed off before he'd even released his first film.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptySun May 05, 2024 9:34 am

CJB wrote:
Good to see you KKBB.

Sure is, and great job as always with the logo anniversary image update.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptySun May 05, 2024 1:57 pm

CJB wrote:
Good to see you KKBB.

Cavill was a missed opportunity for CR. Being younger it would've actually made the whole 'rogue rookie agent' schtick more believable.

He probably also wouldn't have demanded to be killed off before he'd even released his first film.

Good to be back. Not sure how permanent this will be, but it's amazing how well AVTAK, TND, FRWL, GE and TWINE reinvigorate the love of Bond. SP and NTTD truly did a number on me.

Slightly more believable, yes. Still, the script is problematic in how it depicts the 00 Section and the licence to kill.

Phantom Commander wrote:
CJB wrote:
Good to see you KKBB.

Thanks Phantom. Apologies for the delay. I started something back in Jan but life got in the way and it slipped my mind. Hope you're well!
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptySun May 05, 2024 3:46 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
CJB wrote:
Good to see you KKBB.

Good to be back. Not sure how permanent this will be, but it's amazing how well AVTAK, TND, FRWL, GE and TWINE reinvigorate the love of Bond. SP and NTTD truly did a number on me.

Slightly more believable, yes. Still, the script is problematic in how it depicts the 00 Section and the licence to kill.

Phantom Commander wrote:
CJB wrote:
Good to see you KKBB.

Thanks Phantom. Apologies for the delay. I started something back in Jan but life got in the way and it slipped my mind. Hope you're well!
Yeah, on sick leave, but nothing worse than a shoulder inflammation. I will be fine.
Life often gets in the way because life is the way. Hope you are doing well, too.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer EmptyMon May 06, 2024 12:50 am

Good that it’s nothing serious, Phantom. I’m well - busy with work which, as you say, gets in the way of winding down at the end of the day, so it usually stops me from jumping onto these boards as often as I’d like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer   Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer Empty

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill is James Bond... in an AI-generated trailer
Page 1 of 1